Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Hey, What do you think about having a prison penpal?

Originally posted by honeye16

No, I don't think that writing to a prisoner up river will win any bright idea awards. No, offense. There's plenty of ladies with bad frosted hair in Texas that write, anyway.

Well, for me, my first thought is it's risky; like they all committed crimes whether it be rape, murder, theft, assault, etc. And they get locked up serving their time and punishment.

But I'm thinking there are some many different crimes from major to minor why these people get put there, even false imprisonment. And they are all human and deserve a second chance; after all we are all living in America which allows those rights.

And I think many of us have experienced problems with the law or know someone close to us who has been incarcerated at one time or another, for an long time.

And some of these prisoners don't have anybody for reason that theier family/friends alienated them because of the situation, and/or they have none?

:eek::confused:

My friend actually met someone in the jail when he was there for like one nite for getting caught with trees.. and there was a guy there that said he wanted a pen pal.. and since I wanted to do all this psychology shit, one of my goal jobs was to work in a prison as a Psy.D and talk to the prisoners.. so he thought it would be a good idea to have the prisoner give me his address so I could write to him.. I'm not sure though.. I've had the address in my email for like a couple months and haven't written to the guy yet but I dunno what I'm gonna do.. we'll see..

Well, when you go to one of these prison penpal websites, many of the inmates put ads for penpals, which tells a lot about them, like birthdate, crime for which they were convicted, interests and hobbies, and goals in life; and most of them include their pics; so you get a good idea and can choose carefully who you want to write for your own reasons.

So you don't necessarily have to have a convicted rapist penpal; you could choose someone like an aggravated assault convict, or whoever is to your desire.:idea:

I guess it takes someone more openminded, and compassionate, with special life experience and street smarts to do this kind of thing.

And Codica3, one of the PPP sites suggests that if you decide to write, you should be careful to use your first name in the beginning, and a PO box address to be on the safe side. It makes sense in the beginning.:)

Originally posted by dgmodel

i have enough friends who are criminals... dont need anymore...

HMMM. Interesting statement. So are they friends because they're criminals; and are the currently serving time or should they? And are any of them members of CP?

Oh yes, and what kind of crimes do they commit, if that's not too classified?:)