Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Roxy Dj Breakthrough Winner Posted

On behalf of MICHAEL RIZZO who produced this night, we thank the four dj's COREY JASPER, DANIEL WOO, JUSTIN HIGGINS and MIKE BUGOUT for a great night of music. We know you guys worked hard and lived and breathed your set from the time your names were announced. Special thanks to JOHNNY VICIOUS for coming down last night to support these dj's and laying down a great set after 4am..

Thanks to the judges JOEY RUIZ from CUTTING RECORDS. MELVYN MOORE dj/a&r from SUBLIMINAL RECORDS, JASON OJEDA dj/producer, BORIS dj/producer, JOSH HARRIS programer/engineer.

The contest was judged on a point system from 1-10 based on each category...programing, mixing skills and creativity.

It was so rediculously close when all the points were added. Each judge went over and over his reasoning for his decision until finally it was all agreed as to who the winner was. The winner by only 2 points was DANIEL WOO

On a personal note..you guys stepped up to the plate. several million people heard your names on the radio. You played the main floor of one of the biggest venue's in NY. I lot of people know who you are now especially people in the music industry...you guys were all winners..I believe this was an important night not so much as to who the winner was, but to recognize talent that's right here in our own backyards. Maybe last night at the ROXY, thats who the real winner was..

I guess this contest was about who you know and not dj skills cuz if it was about dj skills, BuGouT was the man. The crowd responded the most to him. He's been my dj partner and friend for 15 years and not to sound bias but he was the better man. YES, the other dj's were off the hook ALSO, BUT come on. Everyone knows I tell it like it is and if BuGouT was not worthy of being the winner, I would tell him and so would his REAL friends, but last night, he rocked it.

I'm not trying to cause trouble but lets be fair!

well i wasn t there for some of the djs spinnin but from what i heard i think mike should have won he set was crazy... so what if it was mainly vocals it still was hot the winner on the other had his set was....err... but what can u do oh well the best dun alwayz win sad fact in life but its a learnin experience so keep ur head up mike thats all i gotta say :hat:

The fact that all 4 dj's were incredible made it very hard on the judges to make their decisions. You people have to realize the expereience you had last night. The music you heard, the incredible and unforgetable sets from all 4. This in no way was a "true" loss for any of the dj's. They were heard by so many important people in the industry. They all had there shining moment last night. Now unfortunatly I wasn't there to judge any of the dj's. I was there for the music, and only the music. And out of all 4 dj's Danny Woo put his name all over his set. His style is something unimaginable. You want a kid who knows how to throw down the wax, your man is Danny Woo. Now me personally I would really like to hear Danny Woo and Mike Bugout have a back to back set. These 2 dj's left a great impression on me, with their different styles and the incredible music they played. Last night was an unforgetable night not just for me but for all who attended. I would like to thank all of the people who were involved in last nights event. This is truly a great way of letting the new up and coming generation of dj's have there "Night". I also want to congratulate all the dj's on a great performance last night and you are all winners in my book. Yo Cuz you can't even come to imagine how PROUD we are of you. Congratulations POPCORN PLAYA!:tongue:

And oooo yea I forgot to mention the reasoning behind my choice of Danny Woo...Did anyone pay attention to the music this kid spun last night...Well if you did you would have noticed the mobs of people goin nuts on the dancefloor when he dropped his ORIGINAL Remix of Relentless...And if you didn't see the crowd goin nuts to this song then maybe you have to take your "SUNGLASSES" of in the club...LOL :tongue:

Originally posted by rdancer

If the winner was decided by the crowds reaction then Bugout surely would have won by more than two points. :D

but what you have to realize is that the crowd isnt only the 15 people on the stage....there was a whole dancefloor to account for and woo definitely had them over bugout

On a personal note..When I was told who the winner was by rizzo..I said mike please double check. I had hoped it would be either justin or mike only for the fact that I've met them and like them both. This is not to take away from corey or daniel but mike and justin are just great guys..so rizzo double checked again. The results were the same. The judges felt that on this night, as close as it was, woo had a slight edge. These judges are serious music industry people. They were not going to be influenced by who brought more people for support or how the dance floor was reacting. They listened, and felt each dj in respect to his music. They said great things about all of them. All of them in certain areas shined. I'm going to try and get a breakdown from each judge as to what their evaluation was individually and pass it on to each dj. Maybe something the judges might tell a dj about his performance might get a reaction like.."you know you're right...I didn't realize I did that..thanks.." Either way. I think some doors could open for the four djs to do a remix, produce a track and get someone to listen to it. I've never met Daniel Woo, but if he won based on his mixing ability, creativity, and programing..then I say congratulations to you. As I said before, there were no losers here. Everyone was a winner..The vibe at the roxy was amazing. The diversity and energy in the music was phenominal. For 4 hours straight, these dj's kept the crowd rockin' caped off by vicious who came down for no money to show his respect to these breakthrough dj's by doin the one thing he does best...play his music. What a fucking incredible night..

I thought 3 outta the 4 DJs were extremely wonderful, and one of them, no names, just bored me a lil but that's just my opinion, with his track selection but his mixing was superb.. but anyways.. congratulations to Danny Woo.. I think just to be picked to play on the Phazon on the main floor at Roxy is an honor in itself.

MIKEY BINA!!!!!!!!!!! i mean... mike bugout..... :tongue: congratulations on just being a part of the entire night... u held it down for those who really matter ;) lol.. jk... u know we all love u and congrats to danny and everyone else in the contest... :) it was a great night... till next time....

:bounce: