Clubplanet Nightlife Community

anyone going to see Mum tuesday?

patrickl

yup I'll be there - heard their recent shows in the US have been stellar - wouldn't miss it. Its a rare treat that someone like Mum comes down to miami.

and I have strong affection for the PAC :D - cheap, easy, and yet oh sooo right. Plus the dresscode ;) is also a nice thing.

Miami's really been blessed this year with good music - Plaid, Bola and now Mum.

yummmmmmmm

Originally posted by laliux

at the Polish club or something , i think in the area in between the Omni and the Design District. not sure though.

:confused:

Lol....r u trying 2 play a trick on me Lalo?!?!? Is there really a "Polish club?" U sure it's not at the Moose Lodge???:laugh:

Originally posted by sunnyhost

Lol....r u trying 2 play a trick on me Lalo?!?!? Is there really a "Polish club?" U sure it's not at the Moose Lodge???:laugh:

here is the address: I am not going btw. :D

Polish-American Club, 1250 NW 22nd Ave.

did you get my weekend review?, email system has been misbehaving here at work. Ciao

L.

Originally posted by laliux

here is the address: I am not going btw. :D

Polish-American Club, 1250 NW 22nd Ave.

did you get my weekend review?, email system has been misbehaving here at work. Ciao

L.

Did you get the address directly from the Polish-American club??

...b/c it might be wrong.

Lololollololol. :laugh: Sorry...couldn't help the joke.(No offense 2 any People from Poland here...)

P.S: Yup...I got ur review...I'll be w/b soon:tongue:

joe> plz tell your partner thomas i say hello. saw him late yesterday afternoon coming back frm the beach. couldn't stop...was run'ng late meet'ng friends for dinner.

btw, nice lil party they had go'n on next to the lowe's hotel :)

Originally posted by noira

Does anyone know what time this is supposed to start tonight?

I don't know - doors open at 8:30. I think the DJ from Poplife is going to play for a little while beforehand.......I probably *could* go to class but I don't want to be rushed or worried that I'm going to miss any of the show.

According to PAC, they're opening the doors at 7PM...

ugh...i hate trying to time this shit right...coming from West Palm, I think we're going to try to get there 9ish...

I think this may be alittle more packed then the last show at PAC (Plaid)...

According to PAC, they're opening the doors at 7PM...

ugh...i hate trying to time this shit right...coming from West Palm, I think we're going to try to get there 9ish...

I think this may be alittle more packed then the last show at PAC (Plaid)...

7:00?? ahhhh crap.......I'll probably go for 8:30.......

well??? what did everyone think - i loved it - personally it ranked above the Plaid and Bola shows. One of the best live performances I've seen.

Next time though, I'm bringing pillows to sit one - those damn chairs have left bruises!!!

well??? what did everyone think - i loved it - personally it ranked above the Plaid and Bola shows. One of the best live performances I've seen.

Next time though, I'm bringing pillows to sit one - those damn chairs have left bruises!!!

I tried to post about it earlier but the Internet hasn't been working for me too well all day, at work and at home.

I was standing in the back just behind the last row of chairs - they didn't look comfortable and I kinda prefer standing for concerts anyway.

But anyway here is my review. First of all the Polish-American Club is unlike anything I've ever seen. It looks like it's stuck in 1971! What an unlikely, whacked-out, leftfield concert venue. Talk about indie, the PAC is pretty much as indie as it gets, I think.

Side note, I enjoyed the $3.50 bottle of Guinness. Especially when you pay twice as much for a shitty beer on S. Beach. Maybe I should become a PAC regular. hehe I also enjoyed the free parking in the field out front :D

As for Mum, I came away impressed......I bought the album on the spot. I'd heard pieces of it before but I hadn't *really* heard Mum prior to last night. Those guys and girls are certainly not lacking for musical ideas. If anything, though, I thought the actual execution could have been a little better......they could have tuned up or something prior to starting the show......or tuned down, really, because I thought they were a bit sharp all night, especially on the slower, more esoteric tracks. You just need to tune, especially when you're out there rocking a cello......a very sensitive instrument that should be well-tuned. I noticed the tonality got a little better as the show went on, though, so perhaps they were tuning on the fly. All in all a cool night that doesn't happen enough here in South Florida. It's so cool to see a band like that, unusual that they don't just do the NYC/Chicago/LA circuit like so many other bands. Now if some of the other Icelandic bands/artists would do the same.......Sigur Ros and Bjork are you listening???

Patrick's top 5 list of bands he'd love to see but will never, ever touch S. FL with a ten foot pole:

1. Radiohead

2. Bjork

3. Sigur Ros

4. New Order

5. Boards of Canada

Firstl. Showed up a little late and apparently got the last parking space. It was free!!! Cool. Asked guy if it was cool to flyer. He said "cool". I said "cool". Get inside, cute girl at the register. Only $10. Missed first 5 songs. Got a Polish beer for like $3.50. Great! Went up front and got a great view.

They were definitely very good musicians. Melodic compositions had reason. Kinda stayed in that region. I felt they had a little improb working and it felt a little open and raw. Don't get me wrong, it was very good just not tight.

Not that they were in the same category, but similar Icelandic group Gus Gus had similar look and feel but were tight and rocked it. mum was a sit down band. Maybe seats with little tables would have added a little energy from the crowd during the performance. Alot of song/ applaud, song/applaud.

One thing that showed off some of their skills was changing instruments back and forth. Very nice.

Also, the venue is awesome!!!!!! It is as good as most halls I have ever been to and it had simple and well done light work.

I give it an A- free parking, fair cover-supper fair drinks-great venue-great sound and light-nice indie crowd. Well done Poplife