Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Best Beaches in NYC?

Not realy being in the Metro area, but lots of city folk come to long beach in Western Nassau county via train or bus.

It's a great beach, they clean it daily, and if you're a surfer, it's a great spot. You can catch an hourly train from Penn station, and it's about a 45 minute ride :D

Originally posted by andro11

if you are gonna chill out on the beach around the metro area, what is the best place to do it? best waves? best crowd, etc?

Jones Beach definitely, I heard that was where the majority of those dirty hypodermics washed up a few years back. You'll feel right at home :aright:

The water on long island seems cleaner (albeit somewhat colder) than jersey imo... and the further east you travel, the 'better' the crowds are... I would hit long beach, close to the city and clean neighbourhood... if youve got all day to spare, go to the hamptons:)

Originally posted by neptune1

The water on long island seems cleaner (albeit somewhat colder) than jersey imo... and the further east you travel, the 'better' the crowds are... I would hit long beach, close to the city and clean neighbourhood... if youve got all day to spare, go to the hamptons:)

Hey Neptune I caught some decent waist high+ waves @ Hemlocks this Sat.....just east of Gilgo where you can take your truck onto the beach. Ever go there.......was a good ol time.....and away from the madness of crowds!!!;)