Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Godskitchen Review!!!!!!!!

*disclaimer.....keyboards atthis internet cafe suck, spacebar not working well*

well i made it through....14 1/2 hours...feethurt....feelgood...

so i got there justin time to catch Marco V and John 00 Flemingin the Godskitchen Arena. Only 2hoursinto GKGG and therehadto be at least 2000 peoplein that arena alone. Two awesome trance sets, 2 dj's who should come to NY on a regular basis. Couldnt really id anything, exceptsome tracks sounded similar to cosmic gate's set earlier this month.

Went over to the Gallery Arena to catch Darren Christian'sset. Good beats, but the arena was empty, and stayed empty for most of the night. I guess thats what happens when 2 of the headliners are heavily advertised, but dont show up on the finalschedule (Sister Bliss nowhere to be found, John Graham (Quivver) moved to different arena).

After that, I went over to the Colours Arenato check out Fortier. This arena was empty until the very end of his set. Poor guy, good set,but no one wasthereto see it. Ran into Dialecticsthere. Greatto meet you.

Then, Way Out West comeson for their live set. HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!! Truely amazing....nothing could have prepared me forit. Thier singer was fuckin hot and had an amazing voice. Just when i thought their set wasover, she startssinging Intensify :eek:

the crowd went fucking nuts....i'm gettingchills justthinking about it....

Then Digweed came on....let me just say this: DIGWEED IS GOD!

that is all :hat:

went back to godskitchen arena for Armin Van Buren, lotsof Chicane, Cass& Slide, and Airscape. Seemed a little dull, but then again that was just after Digweed, so i guess anything seems dull after Digweed. Stayed outsidethe tent(hadto be over 5000 people in there) to rest up. Met Starshaped. The Fergie suckfest began afterArmin. His set just seemedto lack anysenseof direction. Blah.

Went over to Satoshi Tomiie. Definitely wantto seehim spin again. Definitely buying his nubreed disc.

Headed back over to see Picotto. MOTHERFUCKING PICOTTO!!!!!

:eek: :eek:

Definitely lived up to the hype...every singlesong hadthe crowd cheeringwith their handsin the air. Recognized Vitalic-Le Rock 01 and Underworld-born slippy (Marco V mix think). He isdefinitely kicking our asses when he comes to Arc.

Then Judge Jules cameon. Poor Jules could not carry the crowd after Picotto. Left to go seeJoy Kitikonki and Johan Gilien (Airscape). Atthis point i could barely stand. I actually nodded offfor a 1/2hour :frust:

Joy should have cameon after Picotto, not Jules. Hisset had alot more energy toit.

Forand event like of its size, it was extremely well organized. Portable toilets were cleaned out regularly (they were much cleaner than any NY club'sbathrooms). There was a price limit atall food vendors...got dinner (Pasta and Redbull) for about $9. Carnival was an interesting addition. Light shows overhyped, except for the holographic water fountains. Lighting effects inside Arenas greaty, especially inside Godskitchen and Gallery arenas.

Soundsystems wonderful. Cool weather (about 55degrees at night) very helpful. Candy kids' costumes amazing(stiltwalkers amongst other things)

can't wait till next year!!!!!!!

:cool:

Grr.. why'd they put Jules after Picotto.. it should have at least been the other way around, it's obvious that Jules can't hold a crowd AFTER Picotto's energy.. :( :( That's ok.. I still love him.. I can't believe you got to hear WOW.. I didn't know they were in the lineup for some reason.. oh wells.. I'm still fucking jealous.. well.. all I have to say is.. you missed a damn good fucking set from Danny Howells.. umm.. yeah..

yea, i pretty much agreed with erick... i saw some other people also but it was deffo. one of the best nights of my life... of course, there's more to it than just that...

i was very fortunate to obtain a press pass through my job so... i got to meet and chat with the likes of john 00, armin, ferry (At the same time!), fergie, aj gibson, rob wilder, guy ornadel, dumonde, and none other than oakey.

oh yes, and i interviewed oakenfold... :eek::D !!!!!!!

being he's my first love of trance, i shed a few tears after the interview... he was really cool, down to earth, pics to come!!! (he grabbed my camera and started taking pics of me.. wtf?! lol :rofl: )

it was short but sweet, it'll be up on www.trance.nu in a few days as well as other news straight from the djs' mouths. :cool:

-daniela

I see thing a little different to Erik cos i pefer the uplifting/harder side of procedings so here go's.

Got there about 5pm after 6-7 hrs travel ready to go,spent the first hour having a look around the tents seeing where it was all happening.

At 6pm went in to see John 'OO' Flemming who was already blasting out some sublime uplifting trance,just what the doctor ordered.It was the second time i had seen him and i must say he has never failed to impress me,after his set Tall Pall came on so i left to have a look around.

Ended up in the Gallery arena watching Signum play,this was@7:30 and they were playing really hard this was the 3rd time i had seen them and they were much better than the times i have seen them before,ended there set with "The Prophet" which is always a big fave with me.

At this point i met up with Mareluna,great to meet you btw and Over the next 4 hrs i was moving between Tiesto,Oakenfold and Anne Savage, i must say what i saw of Tiesto was quite poor,he's one of my biggest faves but was a bit of a let down.The same cannot be said for Oakenfold who was a big suprise to me,i've seen him before but have never liked any of his sets,i was chilling on the grass for a lot of his set but you could hear the epic trance loud and clear.Checked out Anne Savage in the Sunndissential arena she was playing hard as hell and i loved it,the atmos at the Hardhouse arena is always one of the best and this was no different it was bouncing in there.

This is where i start to disagree with Erik cos Armin was fucking amazing,he played Cafe Del Marco,The Prophet to name but a few and was mine and many other peoples faveourite dj on the night.Fergie was on after and i only heard the first few tracks but i was'nt that impressed with what i heard,take a hint Fergie go back to the hardhouse.During Fergie's set i met Erik and Mareluna to open my mind to some new styles and checked out some of Satoshie Tomie's set but@2:30am it was'nt my thing so i went to see Lisa Lashes rip a hole in the Sunnid arena,the place was bursting@ the seams,unbelievable atmosphere,shame i couldn't get the visitors (Erik and Daneila) to sample it.

After this we went to see Picotto,awesome set built it up with some slow stuff for the first 1/2 hour then banged it out for the last hour.Went absolutely mental when he dropped the Picotto classic 'Taub',my fave tune by him.After Picotto Jules came on and i totally disagree that he couldn't carry on the energy of Picotto,heard the first few track he played before heading on over to Kitikonti who i was'nt really feelin so i headed back over to the GK arean to catch the last hour of Jules set.That is why i disagree with Erik cos the arena was jumping to a typical hard Jules set.I was stood at the back looking around and i couldn't understand why a dj who no one will admit to liking had the crowd going mental,there was hadly a soul not dancing,he did play some tunes i would rather he hadn't but on the whole it was a good set.

Then came one of my fave set of the night,personally i love the last set of a festival to be hard trance and Scott Project delivered the most unbelievable set,to me there is nothing like trance in a big arean it was a truly awesome end to and awesome event.

ROLL ON CREAMFIELDS

Originally posted by starshaped

Originally posted by mareluna

yea, i pretty much agreed with erick...

Can't believe you agree that Armin was dull though,we both went a bit mental when he was on. :D

oh yea wait. i don't agree with that part!! i love avb... but ive def. heard better sets by him.. i nonetheless had great fun with his gg set tho :)whoops :)

Originally posted by gmccookny

Where's the Stinkin' COX review, man? :cuss:

hey, why don't you write that bigger? i really couldn't FUCKING READ IT :rolleyes:

carl cox didn't make it to the base party, as he's in the US. he started the party 6 yrs ago and made surprise cameos every so often and last thurs. he couldn't. happy now?

Originally posted by mareluna

hey, why don't you write that bigger? i really couldn't FUCKING READ IT :rolleyes:

carl cox didn't make it to the base party, as he's in the US. he started the party 6 yrs ago and made surprise cameos every so often and last thurs. he couldn't. happy now?

Hey, Carl Cox is my favorite DJ around, so i really wanted to know where the report was. im just having fun with fonts, oh marey one ;)

And I also enjoy using different colors and teasing Erik :tongue:

Guest saleen351

come october, all of nyc for the rest of the winter shall be tech heads. picotto is simply the best dj out there, period!!!!!

on a side note pvd is the most overrated dj on earth period!

Originally posted by saleen351

on a side note pvd is the most overrated dj on earth period!

Valient effort in attempting to kill the vibe of this thread...

Your ignorance is amazing...

no wonder why no one gives a shit about the things you say...

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

Radio 1 recorded the godskitchen arena....so marco v, john 00 fleming, corsten, tall paul, tiesto, oakie, avb, fergie, picotto, jules, and scott project should be up for grabs

Well in that case.. here is a list of what I would like:

- MARCO V.

- Corsten

- Tall Paul

- Jules

- Scot Project

Ohh.. fuck.. I want them all.. :tongue:

No Way Out West?! :cry: