Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DT despising glowsticks and ravers???

After attending Arc this last friday - I was totally disappointed when they snatched away my glowsticks at the door. Upon meeting up with some big DT fans inside, I learned that Danny actually dislikes drugs, ravers, and glowsticks/lightshows with a passion. Is this true??? My heart's broken....I never thought of any of those things to be a nuisance before - but rather factors that compliment and show appretiation for good music. It's all fun - what's the deal??? - Z

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's some rule about it, but I'm not sure what it is. All I know is no glowsticks are allowed. DT portrays a very believable Godly image. Don't believe a word of it. The guy used to let people SELL drugs in that place before the police cracked down. Now, I'm not a druggie, so I don't care, but believe me....it's all an act.

Originally posted by zoe1bird3

After attending Arc this last friday - I was totally disappointed when they snatched away my glowsticks at the door. Upon meeting up with some big DT fans inside, I learned that Danny actually dislikes drugs, ravers, and glowsticks/lightshows with a passion. Is this true??? My heart's broken....I never thought of any of those things to be a nuisance before - but rather factors that compliment and show appretiation for good music. It's all fun - what's the deal??? - Z

so your saying.....lets get this straight

You never thought as drugs as a "Nuisance before - but rather factors that compliment and show appretiation for good music".

:blown:

Originally posted by bustaknut2001

DT portrays a very believable Godly image. Don't believe a word of it. The guy used to let people SELL drugs in that place before the police cracked down.

WHo the hell do you think you are? You know this as fact? You have reached a new all time low. You are a fucking idiot.

NO GLOWSTICKS is the best rule any club can establish. Anyone I see with glowsticks I wanna put in a choke hold!!!! Clubs are not raves.....so if you wanna play with glowsticks....grab your pacifiers, candy and carpet pants and go find a rave somewhere....lol.:laugh: :laugh:

sorry, birdie, but DT really stands for DicTator. he is a great DJ, probably the best of them all, but it looks like he really likes to be on top... of the situation.... or perhaps he has some other problem, who knows.

Originally posted by philo

sorry, birdie, but DT really stands for DicTator. he is a great DJ, probably the best of them all, but it looks like he really likes to be on top... of the situation.... or perhaps he has some other problem, who knows.

You got that right. If only he'd practice what he preaches.

Originally posted by donvito

DT wants you to "hear" the music not see it.

EXACTLY.......and it's his party so he can do what he wants with it. If it was my party......it would be "ANYONE WHO APPROACHES ARC WITH GLOWSTICKS WILL NEVER BE ALLOWED NEAR THE PREMISE AGAIN"....:laugh::tongue:

glowsticks are not allowed in vinyl because when vinyl was shut down last summer, the city viewed glowsticks as a hint that drug use was being practiced in the club. DT wanted vinyl back open, so he complied with the city's request and banned glowsticks.

Originally posted by donvito

DT wants you to "hear" the music not see it.

in that case let him just keep the lights on all the time and start selling tickets to Be Yourself with row and seat numbers.

there is nothing wrong with "seeing" music. on the contrary, it's a gift as much as it is hearing music. and dancing with glowsticks is as much art as dancing without them.

i don't really care for glowsticks myself, but this is not just about glowsticks...

actually, this point has bees argued over a million times

Yeah, open your eyes people. DT is not as "down to earth" as he tries to portray himself. He used to let that guy in the back room sell drugs and then Vinyl got raided. Now he says don't do them. He also claims to have just tried ecstacy recently in Ibiza. Maybe so, but give me a break.

I just wouldn't believe the outside so much. DT is not what he seems to be on the outside.

Originally posted by cesarleo

NO GLOWSTICKS is the best rule any club can establish. Anyone I see with glowsticks I wanna put in a choke hold!!!! Clubs are not raves.....so if you wanna play with glowsticks....grab your pacifiers, candy and carpet pants and go find a rave somewhere....lol.:laugh: :laugh:

oh ur toooo funny......:blank: i guess i wear pacifiers an candy...oO(an i didnt even know it say werd) yup i guess im the reason y everything is sooo bad at a club me an my little ol glowstix gosh darnit oh well maybe i should put them down fore the big BAAAD leo catches me an chokes me with them :shake: can u do me a favor an stfu thanx it will do us all a huge favor oh wait maybe i should talk shit in fact we should all be friends so on that note.. do u want any candy...?:eek:

I CANNOT believe some of the hostility towards "ravers" that my other thread has brought about. Why don't you just run and join with the close-minded militant bastards that are responsible for cracking down on the club scene in the first place?! Don't even bother going to after hours events if you don't have an open mind and if want to "choke-hold" those that express themselves differently than you. It's discrimination ---- and the fact that people are discriminating at an after hours club of all places...is just pathetic.

What's the point of a club??? To have fun...let loose. What's the point of an after hours club??? To have fun and let a little more loose. If I go to an AFTER hours club...that spins fabulous shit - I don't want to be feelin like I'm at a high school dance - being watched and calculated. If I want to wear A-line pants - I should damn well be able to. Since when has the American club scene gone commie?

Sigh - basically - I'm VERY disappointed to discover how some "clubbers" really are. It's close-minded people like you that cramp a scene's style. It's all about RESPECT -- for yourself and for others. (Perhaps I'm expecting too much from the NYC club crowd?)

PLUR - Z

I CANNOT believe some of the hostility towards "ravers" that my other thread has brought about. Why don't you just run and join with the close-minded militant bastards that are responsible for cracking down on the club scene in the first place?! Don't even bother going to after hours events if you don't have an open mind and if want to "choke-hold" those that express themselves differently than you. It's discrimination ---- and the fact that people are discriminating at an after hours club of all places...is just pathetic.

What's the point of a club??? To have fun...let loose. What's the point of an after hours club??? To have fun and let a little more loose. If I go to an AFTER hours club...that spins fabulous shit - I don't want to be feelin like I'm at a high school dance - being watched and calculated. If I want to wear A-line pants - I should damn well be able to. Since when has the American club scene gone commie?

Sigh - basically - I'm VERY disappointed to discover how some "clubbers" really are. It's close-minded people like you that cramp a scene's style. It's all about RESPECT -- for yourself and for others. (Perhaps I'm expecting too much from the NYC club crowd?)

PLUR - Z

No, you're not expecting too much. And Danny's party is a prime example of a crowd gone bad. We've heard enough about how bad the crowd is nowadays. I'd like to bring up the FACT that DT has done nothing about it except go along with it! He used to practically kick the bad crowds out before 2000, but NOW. Forget about it. He's all about the attention.

Originally posted by bustaknut2001

No, you're not expecting too much. And Danny's party is a prime example of a crowd gone bad. We've heard enough about how bad the crowd is nowadays. I'd like to bring up the FACT that DT has done nothing about it except go along with it! He used to practically kick the bad crowds out before 2000, but NOW. Forget about it. He's all about the attention.

Wrong......he never kicked out the crowds.....all he asked is no glowsticks. If you cry babies can't handle that.......then don't come. He never kicked out the bad crowds.....more like encouraged everyone to come......and still does. He just doesn't want glowsticks in there for valid reasons......previously mentioned. You people have to understand that. Maybe it should be called "Be Yourself WITHOUT glowsticks".....sounds good to be b/c there is plenty of room in EXIT for you glowstick goers to swing them around and show off your "ART".:rolleyes::laugh: :laugh: :tongue:

Originally posted by cesarleo

Wrong......he never kicked out the crowds.....all he asked is no glowsticks. If you cry babies can't handle that.......then don't come. He never kicked out the bad crowds.....more like encouraged everyone to come......and still does. He just doesn't want glowsticks in there for valid reasons......previously mentioned. You people have to understand that. Maybe it should be called "Be Yourself WITHOUT glowsticks".....sounds good to be b/c there is plenty of room in EXIT for you glowstick goers to swing them around and show off your "ART".:rolleyes::laugh: :laugh: :tongue:

You obviously don't know DT.

PLUR - Z

I hear you, man. It's amazing the drama and crap that goes along with everyone who wants to contribute their opinion to everything.

Glowsticks aren't allowed. No biggie. we can all live without them. It's just funny to hear everyone go "yeah wut do u need fuckin glowsticks for you faggy commie pacifier sucking raver"...

when you know they were all about glowsticks themselves back in the day at some point.

Everybody has loved tiesto at some point. Don't deny it ;)

We've all thought triple-beat trance and chemical light shows were the shit Once Upon A Time.

Either way. Kill the drama. DT IS a down to earth guy... sure he wants certain things a certain way, but this is HIS party and we are all GUESTS.

The man is one of the cornerstones of the NYC house scene. I suggest we leave our little amaeturish comments on the back burner. If he needed our opinions to keep a good party going, he'd ask for em.

Till then just dance and smile :)

Originally posted by cintron

I hear you, man. It's amazing the drama and crap that goes along with everyone who wants to contribute their opinion to everything.

Glowsticks aren't allowed. No biggie. we can all live without them. It's just funny to hear everyone go "yeah wut do u need fuckin glowsticks for you faggy commie pacifier sucking raver"...

when you know they were all about glowsticks themselves back in the day at some point.

Everybody has loved tiesto at some point. Don't deny it ;)

We've all thought triple-beat trance and chemical light shows were the shit Once Upon A Time.

Either way. Kill the drama. DT IS a down to earth guy... sure he wants certain things a certain way, but this is HIS party and we are all GUESTS.

The man is one of the cornerstones of the NYC house scene. I suggest we leave our little amaeturish comments on the back burner. If he needed our opinions to keep a good party going, he'd ask for em.

Till then just dance and smile :)

leave it to cintron to put it all in perspective... how true how true:D thats y ur one of the coolest cats in my book