Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DT despising glowsticks and ravers???

Originally posted by myrlin

Parks/Wilson

Howells

Max Graham listens to his fans...

Seems to me Armin and the Dutch cats are very respectful when I met them....

sure, some DJs seem like nice people. carl cox, sasha (when he's cracked out), tiesto walks around like he's God, PvD occasionally throws a smile into the crowd..

but does this mean that they "care" about their fans?

if howells "cared", would he have allowed his promoters to charge people $50+ at the door to see him spin at the opening of Arc? i don't know and care about the politics in the music/ clublife industry, so i don't know if he had a say in the door price.

so what does caring mean then?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by kitty19

sure, some DJs seem like nice people. carl cox, sasha (when he's cracked out), tiesto walks around like he's God, PvD occasionally throws a smile into the crowd..

if howells "cared", would he have allowed his promoters to charge people $50+ at the door to see him spin at the opening of Arc? i don't know and care about the politics in the music/ clublife industry, so i don't know if he had a say in the door price.

That only happened because it was a special night and you had people coming in from all over the northeast and other places to see the show. The fact of the matter is, that night the demand was so high that you actually "paid" them to violate code and let more people in the club then they should have.

Originally posted by kitty19

i take it u didn t go?it was only dun to turn ppl away cause it was over crowded in there that was the only reason remember u had ppl from fri nights an sat nights up in there so of course it ll be crowded what else was management gonna do to stop the onslaught of ppl comin in.... think bout it

Originally posted by hitokiri24

what else was management gonna do to stop the onslaught of ppl comin in.... think bout it

Uhm...your explanation is that they needed to charge more money when they felt like it to keep the amount of people down.

Ah, ok....Sheesh...that explains it all!

This thread has changed from its original topic....as usual....

Uhm...your explanation is that they needed to charge more money when they felt like it to keep the amount of people down.

what i am sayin is that it filled to capacity imo :insert a time: say bout 2-4 an ppl still kept comin what else were they to do have fire marshals shut it down cause it exceeded the # of occupants that was allowed... what would u have done then id like to know?

Gotta love clubplanet....every topic takes you on a journey...lol.

Originally posted by hitokiri24

what i am sayin is that it filled to capacity imo :insert a time: say bout 2-4 an ppl still kept comin what else were they to do have fire marshals shut it down cause it exceeded the # of occupants that was allowed... what would u have done then id like to know?

LoL....they always exceed the limit.....

Pt is, that isnt why it was done.

It was done, no need for excuses...life moves on....;)

Techno nice Adult, mature conversational answer

Originally posted by bustaknut2001

It was I who said that you don't know DT and what I meant was personally. The man is fine on the outside, but once you get to know him he's a big ole queen sneaky bastard. Don't get close is what I'm sayin'.

Oh boo hoo, you act like Danny fucked you and stole your virginity. Stop crying like a little bitch.

Originally posted by techno

i'm glad he feels that way.

fuck that pussy ass fag shit

ruins the fucking atmosphere

"fuck that pussy ass fag shit"

lmao... we got a winner here folks!

If you really feel so strongly about the anti-glowstick campaign... I suggest you leave it to the others to support your cause... because a statement like that does nothing but hurt it. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

LoL....they always exceed the limit.....

Pt is, that isnt why it was done.

It was done, no need for excuses...life moves on....;)

Techno nice Adult, mature conversational answer

anyway yes lets move on to another topic love the valuable input on the scene techno :aright:

U know what I hate almost as much as DT hates glowstix.......I hate Guido Juice getting all over me from Juicers with their shirts off......If theres gonna be a no glowstix rule, there should be a no shirts off rule......

hijacklive.jpg

Originally posted by perns2002

Glowsticks take up too much room on the dance floor........

Matter of opinion. Although I will concede that those who suck do take up too much space.

Some of the people we know, however, deserve a little area since they are that good.

Its all a matter of dancing, do what you like without getting in everyone elses way. Plenty of morons take up space doing some weird ass dance that results in bumping everyone else...lol

Matter of opinion. Although I will concede that those who suck do take up too much space.

Some of the people we know, however, deserve a little area since they are that good.

Its all a matter of dancing, do what you like without getting in everyone elses way. Plenty of morons take up space doing some weird ass dance that results in bumping everyone else...lol

If everyone who wanted to bring glowsticks to Vinly did there would be no room................ :D Thank you.

Originally posted by scoob-e

glowsticks are not allowed in vinyl because when vinyl was shut down last summer, the city viewed glowsticks as a hint that drug use was being practiced in the club. DT wanted vinyl back open, so he complied with the city's request and banned glowsticks.

HEY what's up with that sig....stab ravers in the face... thats not very nice now is it?:blown:

Glowsticks take up too much room on the dance floor........

Drugs - his place was sut down.............. DUH

Glowsticks don't take up room unless they're on strings. When I used to play with them, I took up no more space than I do now when I dance... DUH :rolleyes:

Plenty of morons take up space doing some weird ass dance that results in bumping everyone else...lol

Exactly.

If everyone who wanted to bring glowsticks to Vinly did there would be no room................ Thank you.

Ummm... no.............. :D Thank you.

Originally posted by embodiedhate

Everyone loves trance, even if they say they hate it, they love it. I'm just so sick of hearing the "I got hit in the head by some idiot with strings". The frequency these fucking idiots cry about it, I'd expect to see some crack (as in elite) rave team with a 4000 foot spool of invisible wire and 10 gross of deep diving sticks at every night time establishment in the tri state area.

TRANCE RULEZ....NUFF SAID:cool:

gO TO A RAVE TO PLAY WITH YOUR TOYS.. THAT'S WHAT I WAS TOLD............... HAVE A GREAT DAY........... AND IT ISN'T ONLY ON STRINGS...... RETARDS

HA! That hasn't already been said five times on this thread alone! No shit they're not just on strings... but they don't take up much room otherwise... that was your point, right?... retard :laugh: :laugh:

gO TO A RAVE TO PLAY WITH YOUR TOYS.. THAT'S WHAT I WAS TOLD............... HAVE A GREAT DAY........... AND IT ISN'T ONLY ON STRINGS...... RETARDS

capslock.gif

Thats where it is, just incase you wanna turn it off

Originally posted by cesarleo

NO GLOWSTICKS is the best rule any club can establish. Anyone I see with glowsticks I wanna put in a choke hold!!!! Clubs are not raves.....so if you wanna play with glowsticks....grab your pacifiers, candy and carpet pants and go find a rave somewhere....lol.:laugh: :laugh:

so damn true