Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Classic Anthems night @ Space......

Guest saleen351

Junior remixed Wavespeech back in the day, and it was remixes like that got him his acclaim. I propose 'My Definition of House Music' with your guests Oscar G and Ralph Falcon. Playing the hottest tunes from 91-98. That would be something I would be exicted about. These guys play @ MOS together why not their own hometown?

DEEP DOWN IN MIAMI,

Ramon C.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by mikeydny

And hes been remixing Madonna and Whitney for years....I still dont think his party is really commercial, I never heard him spin, but I dont know......

back in like 1997 i bought a jr album, at first i didn't like it, since tracks like sm trax got the groove and other progressive anthems were everywhere, but jr's cd was ..... well i cant' even describe it..... the man has got skills no doubting that, now only if he lost the gay night and moved his party to sf on friday's... or another place. I wish i still had that cd. Had a track called sunshine that was sick.... i never saw him spin. I won't walk into exit. expcially at 6am sunday morning for gay night...

First off Junior has been around for a long time, If you really want to experience tracks that made him you have to go back to the early nineties, stuff on his label and his days at the original Sound Factory which became Twilo. Yeah he does commercial mixes of major artists, but look to days of the early 90's. And the original factory was anything but commercial, Every dj plays something the crowd knows, that doesn't necessarily make them commercial, as long as they are working the record, When they are playing a commercial radio format all night long, that's commercial. Junior is ahead of his time, the fact that he does commercial mixes is only a result of his style being liked and artists and labels wanting his magic touch on a remix in order to give their record club viability.

I remember the first time I saw Junior was down here at the ol' Warsaw..... he was amazing. I was really blown away...

But nothing compared to the times I've been to Twilo. The way he got the crowd going and the respect the crowd showed him was simply amazing. The last time I was at Twilo was one of the funnest, craziest nights I ever had with my best friend:D

I know Junior's old skool, but that man can lay down some crazy-ass shit:eek:

Lola:tongue:

I've been digging through my old house records from the early 90's and have to say I come across alot of good Junior Remixes, yeah Twilo was good, but the original Factory and Arena were the bomb. Junior will always be one of my favorites, not to mention he is a vinyl junkie and doesn't rely heavily on special effects and loops like other jocks, his main instruments are the wheels of steel. He knows how to work a room build energy up and break it down time after time throughout the night, not many jocks can do that, Tenaglia comes to mind, Masters at Work- Louie Vega, Deep Dish.

Originally posted by saleen351

now only if he lost the gay night and moved his party to sf on friday's... or another place. I wish i still had that cd. Had a track called sunshine that was sick.... i never saw him spin. I won't walk into exit. expcially at 6am sunday morning for gay night...

Ok now your making no sense. I know plenty of people who go to Exit sunday morning for Junior who are not gay, and plenty of people who have went who are not gay. It is not a strict gay party. What would moving his party to SF on Friday Night do? He still wouldn't go on till late, and his followers would still follow him (gay guys). He had exit do everything for him, you should see his boothe, its a mini-apartment. The guest DJS who come into exit, PVD, Oakenfold, Tiesto, are not even allowed to spin in there.

Originally posted by mikeydny

I know plenty of people who go to Exit sunday morning for Junior who are not gay, and plenty of people who have went who are not gay. It is not a strict gay party..

That is why I dug it so much at Twilo..... I have gay friends and straight friends... we could all get down and party and have no worries.. that's why I like NYC.. Good mix of folks....

Someone else's sexual preference shouldn't ruin your ability to jam to a good DJ:D

Yeah I heard he had a custom built booth, so to speak.. Go JR!

Lola:eek:

Some shit happened with him, supposed heart attack few weeks ago while he was spinning or something, it was in the papers...supposedly he was alright.....wonder what he was on :idea:

His abercrombie wearing ass was on MTV like 3 weeks ago, on wanna be Madonna......:laugh:

He and Madonna don't even speak anymore.....

After his "if Madonna calls" song kinda fucked up their friendship...

He's such a bitch....... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Lola:D

P.s. Let me think about that.... hmmm ~ he has an album named "8-ball" and a song called "higher" where people snort lines.. LOL LOL

Originally posted by lolahotass

P.s. Let me think about that.... hmmm ~ he has an album named "8-ball" and a song called "higher" where people snort lines.. LOL LOL

My guess is Meth, but im sure it was both!

Why not speed up the heart as much as u can ya know...test the limits...:laugh: