Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Trance-only clubs?

One of my few clubbin buddies from back here wants to hit up a club with me in nyc one of these weekends... only problem is, he's really picky about the type of music - doesn't like house at all, pretty much only listens to trance and then only certain types of trance. In fact he didn't even like digweed @ area2 - loved tiesto tho... anyway, what clubs consistently only play trance on a fri or sat? Or do I pretty much have to check out the different trance djs that come through from time to time to find out? Any help is appreciated... damn picky people...

try going to london :tongue:

seriously though, yea..u prolly have to wait till one of these european trance dj's comes thru again. the trend in ny is tribal/house. most residents in nyc are playin only that. im sure theres gotta be some trance somehwere on a weekly basis, but i dont know where to tell u. i mean there's exit, and that hard trance, but do u really wanna go see draper? nahhhhh

idk wut to tell ya. wuts SF doing these days on friday?

i miss limelight and tunnel :(

Originally posted by hotcheme

you didn't tell me he didn't like digweed! that made me cry.... his set on weds changed my life.

yeah I dunno why he's so damn picky... said it was too hard, not enough breaks & buildups just straight beats... whatever I liked him anyway. lol... yeah draper wasn't exactly an option ;)

Originally posted by gmoneyjive

yeah I dunno why he's so damn picky... said it was too hard, not enough breaks & buildups just straight beats... whatever I liked him anyway. lol... yeah draper wasn't exactly an option ;)

i would've liked to hear some breaks.... but i was very happy with digweed's set regardless.

Originally posted by lasix

i remember those days of innocence and ignorance...

what the fuck are you talking about?? This guy has been djing for over 4 years now (and has been listening to the music for a lot longer than that) and has his own specific taste... granted, I think he's too picky in his musical tastes compared to mine, but that's just my opinion... he's entitled to his own opinion.... he's been listening to this music since the mid 90's and he just likes trance with some slow points & buildups in between the crazy shit (i.e. tiesto) instead of the harder set that digweed played. To say that his tastes are due to "innocence and ignorance..." is showing that you are quite ignorant yourself... when are you fuckin people gonna realize that everyone has their own tastes, and just because someone has different tastes than your own doesn't mean that they are "innocent and ignorant"???

Originally posted by hotcheme

yeah but from what i hear, london doesn't even play a lot of trance, unless you count the Ministry of Sound which is the equivalent of Webster Hall. (better music though)

Ministry doesn't really play trance either only once a month at the Golden residency.They just recently changed the policy but it was US house and garage there for the last 3 years.

the weekly Tsunami parties at SHelter on Saturday nights are over, so along with Synthetic Sadhus they will be special events every month or every other month only I guess. They were awesome at SHelter because they had the old sound system from Twilo in a much smaller space and they could rock the house out and overpower you , which sometimes is great. The last time I went abou t6 weeks ago, I knew the end was near since there were only a dozenn people in total. I was dancing my ass offf with 2 Chinese girls who didnt speak a word of English. It was like dancing with the PowerePuff twins. I love trance too and prefer it so if you do find any trance parties outside of Remote Lounge which I havent been to yet., let me know :D

Originally posted by gmoneyjive

what the fuck are you talking about?? This guy has been djing for over 4 years now (and has been listening to the music for a lot longer than that) and has his own specific taste... granted, I think he's too picky in his musical tastes compared to mine, but that's just my opinion... he's entitled to his own opinion.... he's been listening to this music since the mid 90's and he just likes trance with some slow points & buildups in between the crazy shit (i.e. tiesto) instead of the harder set that digweed played. To say that his tastes are due to "innocence and ignorance..." is showing that you are quite ignorant yourself... when are you fuckin people gonna realize that everyone has their own tastes, and just because someone has different tastes than your own doesn't mean that they are "innocent and ignorant"???

anyone who knows me, knows that I am far from ignorant. what you wrote about your friend did not say anything about him being a dj for 4 years and listening to trance for years.. MOST people who are into trance only for the breakdowns are usually the ones who ARE close-minded... I used to think that's all there was ..till i discovered TECHNO! to me, all those breakdowns kill the momentum.. do you really need a 90-second breakdown in every track?!? if thats what gets your friend off, so be it..

Originally posted by lasix

anyone who knows me, knows that I am far from ignorant. what you wrote about your friend did not say anything about him being a dj for 4 years and listening to trance for years.. MOST people who are into trance only for the breakdowns are usually the ones who ARE close-minded... I used to think that's all there was ..till i discovered TECHNO! to me, all those breakdowns kill the momentum.. do you really need a 90-second breakdown in every track?!? if thats what gets your friend off, so be it..

hmmm... guess I was a little harsh last night... was fuckin hammered (don't remember posting this :rolleyes: - see the thread about my fear of posting shit when fucked up) and bitter cuz some stupid fuck picked a fight with me right b4 I came home.... anyway sorry bout that. I'm just tired of seeing people on here criticize and put down others musical tastes, time to realize that everyone has their own opinion... personally I listen to everything from hard shit to softer trance to techno, house, breaks, and even some cheese (there I said it - I like cheese!!!)... but I still respect his opinion and listening tastes. Oh well... guess I brought my anger from the dumbass who tried to fight me to the boards... (note to self - install breathalyzer disabling device on computer so it can't be used when drunk)

quote: Gmoneyjive

hmmm... guess I was a little harsh last night... was fuckin hammered (don't remember posting this - see the thread about my fear of posting shit when fucked up) and bitter cuz some stupid fuck picked a fight with me right b4 I came home.... anyway sorry bout that. I'm just tired of seeing people on here criticize and put down others musical tastes, time to realize that everyone has their own opinion... personally I listen to everything from hard shit to softer trance to techno, house, breaks, and even some cheese (there I said it - I like cheese!!!)... but I still respect his opinion and listening tastes. Oh well... guess I brought my anger from the dumbass who tried to fight me to the boards... (note to self - install breathalyzer disabling device on computer so it can't be used when drunk)

i am more decadent than most on this board and I am a trance head too, i love house but prefer trance. it's been a normal progression since i am in my 30's and have been clubbing since some people here were just fetus' or drunken thoughts on their parents horny minds. Breakdowns are just an additional dynamic element in the music also the crowds at a trance rave dont have that guido, juice head character element, a trance rave is like a Dead show as far as the vibe only with trance music instead of rhythym and blues. I love house too but in any club scene you get undesirables. Dont apologize too much bro anyone putting anyone else down cause of their taste in music is wrong. also I spoke to John Gartmann today he owns Massive Productions and runs Tsunami and he said the Tsuanmi partys may return to Shelter every Friday or every other Friday and they are perusing other venues now as well. The SYnthetic Sadhus Goa Trance parties are off the fuckin hook and I recommend them highly. so check one out if you get the chance . They are either at The Amazura in Jamaica, Queens or the Cinema World Studios in Brooklyn.

Paece, love and happiness....................

Originally posted by charlydontsurf

there are now different types of trance. its like with every passing day new subgenres are coming out. Hard trance, Goa Trance, etc. If you hear of any good Trance parties I'd appreciate if you let me know or post 'em if thats what you're into :D

goa trance is not new at all.. origins go back to 94..maybe even a bit earlier.. I think that is the sickest form of trance.. SOOO much going on!!