Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The Official FUCK Space Thread

djdekan

It is Now 4 am Saturday Morning, And I Say Fuck Space........

Edgar V is the Man, Passionate about the music he plays whether U like it or Not...... Fucking People it is Music........... There is no Need for politics. Edgar had an unbelievable set going until 3 am when he was told to get off the decks. Knowing Edgar He would have finished and let Dave go on But the powers at Be wanted Edgar to Stop Dead in His tracks and Let Dave spin..... A Fucking Tiff Started in the Booth By everyone except the Dj's who where spinning; Edgar Grabbed his Record and left.........

All's I have to Say is I have learned a Valuable Lesson. I left everything that was supposedly true, good, valuble, behind (School, Degree, Family, Friends) for something (Djing, Clubs, Electronic Music) that I thought I could find salvation in AND Its all The Fucking Same..................

FUCK Space......

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to ageree with Dekan , what a disaster!! He was in the midddle of a build up then Bump and the music was off ( think of slaming you hand down on the Turn table)

I looked up and he was leaving. I think he got on at 1 ish and only played till three, although short it was an awsome set!!!!

I waited a very very long anticipated time to here this guy playand see if he lived up to his hype, and he defntly did ,by what i could tell in 2 hours lol.

If it was club politics that cut him short, then that was total BS i seen DJ's boo'ed off the decks by the fans ( Skribble at Exit ) but neve taken away buy the boss whose paying him WTF

A big Dent in my opinion of Space, i wont ban the place but next I'll consider other options that are availbe instead of just going straight there.

Although it was cool to chill w/ Pete!

Onto Crobar tomarrow then Pool party on Sunday

I'm sure there is another side to this story, as there is to most. as usual all the space haters will use this platform, to turn the thread into another lets attack space thread.

bottom line Miami clubs ; when it comes to dj's is pure politics. what other rationale can explain ,why a dj of immense talent like Edgar V, does not have a residency. Why Robbie Rivera has chosen to play new york; over the city he lives in miami.

if I am interpreting the thread by Pete correctly; I'm am very disappointed with Space. and I would expect some explanation and not a condescending one from Space.

this is a opportunity for someone, from Space to run with the ball ; or drop it and head to the sidelines. while the crowd wonders what the fcuk is going on !

Originally posted by sobeton

I'm sure there is another side to this story, as there is to most. as usual all the space haters will use this platform, to turn the thread into another lets attack space thread.

bottom line Miami clubs ; when it comes to dj's is pure politics. what other rationale can explain ,why a dj of immense talent like Edgar V, does not have a residency. Why Robbie Rivera has chosen to play new york; over the city he lives in miami.

if I am interpreting the thread by Pete correctly; I'm am very disappointed with Space. and I would expect some explanation and not a condescending one from Space.

this is a opportunity for someone, from Space to run with the ball ; or drop it and head to the sidelines. while the crowd wonders what the fcuk is going on !

HMmmmmmmmm, well this industry fails to surprise me anymore, whatever the drama is now or whatever happened, its pure bullshit at least let the guy freaking end his set smoothly, im sure that sounded real great in Space and was wonderful for the people dancing there :rolleyes:

:idea: what a way to gain respect, but then again Space prolly gives two shits about anyone except the money, but hey thats every club right?

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's let's jump on the "I hate Space bandwagon" we go...again...

Quick explanation of last nights events...

The Blue Room was supposed to open at 1 am and Edgar was supposed to spin from 1 to 4 am (3 hour set). Padilla was supposed to spin from 4 to close am (3 hour set).

We did not want to make customers wait until 1 am to open the room because it was Friday and people are tired. You know how cranky customers get when you make them wait!

It was decided that the room would open at 12 and that both sets would be moved up an hour. Edgar and David where advised of the change at 10 PM.

At 3 am when it was time for Edgar to get off, he did not want to. He claimed that no one had told him about the change and that he was going to play until 4 (that would have been an hour longer than he was supposed to play and it would have cut into David's set). Felix, a representant of PAM (Edgar's management company who did not know what was happening) got nasty with David (who really did not mind waiting until 4 am to go on) and started an argument with both management and David inside the booth. Edgar got pissed off and took the needle off the record that was playing. The music was off (silence) for about 30 seconds). David went on shortly there after.

I have never seen such poor display of professionalism from a DJ and I am shocked that it came from Edgar. No matter what DJ politics or egos there might be occurring the audience should not have to suffer or be made part of it. Taking a needle of the record while it is playing is no way to resolve any argument. There is no excuse! Playing music and getting paid good money to do so is a blessing that should not be taken for granted.

LP

Originally posted by spacious

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's let's jump on the "I hate Space bandwagon" we go...again...

Quick explanation of last nights events...

The Blue Room was supposed to open at 1 am and Edgar was supposed to spin from 1 to 4 am (3 hour set). Padilla was supposed to spin from 4 to close am (3 hour set).

We did not want to make customers wait until 1 am to open the room because it was Friday and people are tired. You know how cranky customers get when you make them wait!

It was decided that the room would open at 12 and that both sets would be moved up an hour. Edgar and David where advised of the change at 10 PM.

At 3 am when it was time for Edgar to get off, he did not want to. He claimed that no one had told him about the change and that he was going to play until 4 (that would have been an hour longer than he was supposed to play and it would have cut into David's set). Felix, a representant of PAM (Edgar's management company who did not know what was happening) got nasty with David (who really did not mind waiting until 4 am to go on) and started an argument with both management and David inside the booth. Edgar got pissed off and took the needle off the record that was playing. The music was off (silence) for about 30 seconds). David went on shortly there after.

I have never seen such poor display of professionalism from a DJ and I am shocked that it came from Edgar. No matter what DJ politics or egos there might be occurring the audience should not have to suffer or be made part of it. Taking a needle of the record while it is playing is no way to resolve any argument. There is no excuse! Playing music and getting paid good money to do so is a blessing that should not be taken for granted.

LP

nobody has jumped on the " I hate space bandwagon" yet. I'm sorry but I find it very unlikely ,that Edgar would refuse to get off the decks; when he had agreed to. it's more likely he was not informed ; which would explain his reaction. Edgar is the most personable and professional dj I know . thus I take issue with you coming on a public forum and saying he is displaying poor professionalism. he was reacting to a situation; if anything he's reaction may have been inappropriate .also we have your interpretation of the incident , and not Edgar's which I'm sure will vary a bit from yours. Obviously there was a level of miscommunication; which often happens when you have a multitude of people involved in a process.

"There is no excuse! Playing music and getting paid good money to do so is a blessing that should not be taken for granted." seems a little condescending.. do you have a point ; or this just simple rhetoric. ?

it's the dj that makes the club. the club provides the foundation ( venue, money, etc). the dj creates the music and the audience creates the vibe. egos and politics don't build clubs, dj's do...

:eek: I WOULD LIKE TO SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT.ITS WAS EDGAR THAT MADE THE CHOICE TO TURN OFF THE MUSIC LAST NIGHT AT SPACE. NO ONE TOOK HIM OFF THE TURN TABLES HE MADE THAT CHOICE ALL BY HIMSELF......IAM NOT HERE TO TALK NEGATIVE ABOUT EDGAR.BUT THE TRUTH HAS TO COME OUT .HE WAS ASKED TO LET ME COME ON AT 3AM AND SAID THAT HE WAS SUPPOSED TO PLAY TILL 4AM...WHEN A CLUB GIVES YOU THE RIGHT TO D.J. ....... THEY ALSO HAVE THE RIGHT TO ASK YOU TO COME OFF....EDGAR BLEW A GASKET LAST NIGHT...JUST BECAUSE HE WANTED TO PLAY TILL 4AM HE DOESNT OWN SPACE ,IF A CLUB EVER ASK ME TO GET OFF THE TURN TABLES THATS WHAT ILL DO BECAUSE I DONT OWN THE PLACE...AS FOR THE NIGHT THE REST OF THE NIGHT,I HAD A GREAT TIME.... THANK YOU SPACE..... THE REAL DAVID PADILLA :eek: :eek: :eek::)

Dear Tony

This is not my interpretation. It is the information given to me by management, the lightmen and the sound men who where present in the booth to witness the incident. And please stop preaching me the Edgar gospel. No one is a bigger supporter of Edgar than I.

Edgar - your set was AMAZING!!!! As always you are underrated and do not get the recognition you deserve. I wish someone down here would wake up and give you a residency!

As for what happened last night - it is very hard to believe that Edgar would stop a track dead for no good reason. He knew he had a SICK vibe going in that place and would not have ended it unless he felt something f*cked up was going on. From what I have seen, Space has done some shady stuff before, and I have never seen Edgar be anything but professional. I heard only a part of Edgar's version last night, but I will wait to hear it all til I figure what the hell happened.

We had found out that Edgar was coming on at 1 and made sure to show up on time, when we got there he was already spinning! I dont think that moving the set times up one hour is going to make a difference in whether the crowd stays or not. Most people plan on going either early, or late to Space, no in between. So thats why its hard to believe that moving the sets up an hour would have served any purpose in keeping the crowd happy. Hmmmm.......

I also wonder to why last night was not advertised more, it was a small blurb on the Space flyer for last night. I know it was posted here, but I did not see it anywhere else, as you usually can't walk down the street here in SoBe without stepping on the face of a beloved DJ on a daily basis. (On a flyer that is) Did I miss it or was it POLITICS????

:clap2: EDGAR YOU DA' MAN!!!! :clap2:

Guest saleen351

I wasn't there but i can say its something new evey week at that place....

ps i say the over/under on this thread is 32

who wants this action?

Originally posted by spacious

Dear Tony

This is not my interpretation. It is the information given to me by management, the lightmen and the sound men who where present in the booth to witness the incident. And please stop preaching me the Edgar gospel. No one is a bigger supporter of Edgar than I.

Dear Spacious , so your saying that you are relying , on other peoples account of the situation. where you even there ? no preaching here , Edgar's reputation speaks for itself. The only preaching I see is coming from the Space pulpit. what the hell is this nonsense suppose to mean "There is no excuse! Playing music and getting paid good money to do so is a blessing that should not be taken for granted."

I am one of the biggest supporters of space , however the question of professionalism seems rather ambiguous.

last nights incident should never have happen, and I would hope that it never does again..

Edgar V + Space = Happy Music Fans ! :cool:

Damn,

Even though I wasn't there to witness this incident I have been reading the thread and have decided to toss in my two cents. Seems to me as though someone has an ego problem when asked to do something he doesnt want to do. To me that's extremely unprofessional and disrespectful. Pulling the needle off a record in the middle of a track is totally uncalled for and throws up a sign for someone who craves attention, now that he's not in the spot light anymore. Granted, Egdar is an awesome dj and his fan base is large, he shoul've approached things in another way. I give props to DP for being professional in granting edgar to stay on longer, But Edagar.............damn bro lighten up. Don't let the ego stand in the way. Perception is key.

"Dear Spacious , so your saying that you are relying, on other peoples account of the situation. Where you even there ?"

As a matter of fact I was Tony. I was in the office when I heard a loud scratch and the needle come off the record. So now it's my turn...where you there?

Not Edgar nor anyone else had the right to do what he did last night. It was a total lack of respect for the club, it's management, staff, employees and customers. He was employed to do a job just like any other employee and he took his responsibilities and his job for granted. This is the second time it happens and I guarantee you it will never happen again.

what the hell is the damn problem with Space and Edgar V ...and Edgar V and Space !!??!!!

the night of his return when he played the whole night about a month ago was unbelievable. the energy was second to none. Many "global known-talent" (and more expensive) djs have played there and have not kept the crowd going as much as Edgar has.

dont think its political????? why didnt Edgar V open and close for PVD the week before that. Which happens to be the same management co. and was an overwhelming obvious choice to pair them up.

no knock on Roly who came through that night and plays well more often than not.

its not about egos??? ...wasnt it the very own Owner of Space the one that closed the night after PVD got off?

why not Roly ???? why was PVD bumped up early in his set??

it seems Edgar gets the riff of maybe other politcal tie ups involved.

heres a SOLUTION - let the DAMN guy play .....ENOUGH!

people dont use this "we hate Space Bandwagon" for no reason at all. Dont play victim Club Space ....youve had enough guest list, bouncer, dj lineup, treating people like ass issues and screw ups to have people complaint and raise their eyebrows for days.

when a club with the status and success of yours at this height of its popularity all you have to do is "dont fuck up" ...you guys constantly do something to piss people off.

youve gone the Padilla route before and recently you had to "lay off" fridays with him cuz it got to the point where it was slow and the crowd a bit scary.

how many times more can Space continue to piss off people?