Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Mauro Picotto @ Arc 10/05/02!!!!!!

is picotto really that big? I know he is BEYOND huge overseas.. but do that many people really know about him over here ? outside of these message boards?? how was the crowd when he played dc & boston recently? I really don't anticipate it being *packed* like you are all saying.. most people I talk to have no idea who he is... maybe i'm underestimating?

i really dont give a fuck either way.. i've been wanting to see him for 2 years.. I'm still kicking myself for missing him at twilo! i am not missing this!

Originally posted by lasix

is picotto really that big? I know he is BEYOND huge overseas.. but do that many people really know about him over here ? outside of these message boards?? how was the crowd when he played dc & boston recently? I really don't anticipate it being *packed* like you are all saying.. most people I talk to have no idea who he is... maybe i'm underestimating?

i really dont give a fuck either way.. i've been wanting to see him for 2 years.. I'm still kicking myself for missing him at twilo! i am not missing this!

it was packed in DC...people went STUPID when he was there...

This hype reminds me of when Scot Project was at Exit in March. And Project was amazing. I bet Exit would love to get him as a resident. But i got to tell you, I'v never seen anything like this about a DJ. You people are really hyping Mauro. I got to go, just to see if he's as good as everyone is saying.

Originally posted by danwilson

This hype reminds me of when Scot Project was at Exit in March. And Project was amazing. I bet Exit would love to get him as a resident. But i got to tell you, I'v never seen anything like this about a DJ. You people are really hyping Mauro. I got to go, just to see if he's as good as everyone is saying.

There have only been 2 djs to do 6hr Gatecrasher sets and one of them is PvD and the other is mauro, so yeah mauro is very good dj, lot of minimal techno to hard techno....you will have a nice time

he plays stuff from chris liebing, Umek and other techno artists and a lot of BxR tunes

If it's the first time you have either seen or heard of him he will blow your mind.I've been getting a bit bored of him recently cos i've been seeing him do extended sets and they get a bit tiresome but i saw him do a shorter set at GKGG last week and i was going fucking crazy.

starshaped, It sounds like you've heard alot of the best DJs. Who are your favorites.

I've seen most of the dj's i have any desire to see,my faves vary depending on who i've been seeing regular.

Out of the dj's i've seen regular Tiesto has always been my fave but the 2 times i've seen him this year he has disapointed me cos he been a bit to proggressive for my tastes.At the moment i'm really liking Armin Van Buuren,in my eyes he is this years Tiesto.

I have to mention Picotto even though i've been going off him recently.I hadn't seen him 15 months ago but i've seen him 10 times now including 5x 6hr sets.It's an experience if nothing else he really knows how to work a crowd.

My other fave is Matt Hardwick,never seen him do a bad set.He can play anywhere warmup,last set but never fails to deliver.If you like Trance download his essential mix from earlier this year it was really good.

I've actuallly found it quite dificult to post my faves cos there are loads of dj's i've seen who i love and always deliver quality sets.

Who are your faves?

Originally posted by lasix

Yes Picotto is beyond huge everywhere, drew a big crowd at the places he played, he isnt per se heavily set in the press like others here in America, but he is starting to be and will be in the near future..so WATCH OUT.....

:D;)

CD