Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Essential CD's

Hey ya'll, I'm pretty new to the trance world, and I simply love it. I downloaded Dyk Teknics the other day, so I could listen to it on the way to work, etc.

But now, I'm looking to buy some CD's. Anyone got any opinions on the flat out essential CD's that I need to get? I'd love to buy them all, but I don't have the funds for that right now!

-Diesel

my favorite trance cd is

paul oakenfold - tranceport

------------------

1.jpg2.gifufo.gifmonkey.gif

transcend

1. To pass beyond the limits of

2. To be greater than, as in intensity or power; surpass

3. To exist above and independent of (material experience or the universe)

sig.jpg

The BACK TO MINE series on ULTRA

GLOBAL UNDERGROUND series Darren Emerson just released the new one

PROGRESSIONS::01::London on MAX/CONTAINER Records

Transport & Another Late Night series on KINETIC

HED KANDI CDS check them out at www.hedkandi.com LOVE EVERYTHING THEY HAVE

Try some of those out. cwm4.gif

------------------

Failure is not an Option!!

well now, pretty much anything from oakenfold or van dyk -- they are just godly;

already saw van dyk at twilo once, cant wait to see oakie at area1 @ PNC later this month.

i love all the Ministry of Sound sets.. you'll know em when they say "clubber's guide to..." and then a location or thing, they have some other stuff too, like the Trance Nation series... for more local flavor, you can check out all the "exit vs SF" or twilo/LL/tunnel CDs...

if you're gonna go to like Virgin and browse the electronica section, look for names like timo maas, dj tiesto, taul paul, or george acosta will give you some phat beats.

enjoy!

------------------

i do not regret the things i've done; but those i did not do.

AIM:DarkDemise

ahh yes, the global underground series.. how could i forget -- there's like 20 or so volumes there.. good lookin out there. cwm7.gif

other names i forgot to mention in my last post would be the likes of ATB, Ferry Corsten, Sasha and Digweed..

i've heard that the Happy Hardcore and Dream Dance series are good too.. most of em are imports from europe (where the best trance is born imho) so expect to pay a lil more than something domestic, like skribbles MDMA or whatnot...

------------------

i do not regret the things i've done; but those i did not do.

AIM:DarkDemise

Tiesto was my first intro into trance/electronica - he's got a really happy, uppy sound. My personal fave is Summerbreeze, but he's got a couple new ones out - In Search of Sunrise 2 (1 is also really good), and...shit...I forget the name of the other one. It's pink. smile.gif

van Dyk is mind-blowing - pretty much anything by him.

In my experience, Oakenfold is spotty - I like Perfecto Presents a Perfect World, and Voyage into Trance is pretty decent. Some of his other stuff has been less than wonderful.

Like everyone else said, Ministry of Sound is *fabulous*. Gatecrasher is awesome, too. They'll both give you a really broad overview of what's cool *rightthisminute*. <grins> They're lots of fun.

Good luck with everything! I'm just learning myself, really. cwm4.gifcwm5.gif

------------------

Nothing can be as savage as love...one taste is never enough...

Archived