Clubplanet Nightlife Community

~~~~~college Major!~~~~~~~~

whats your college major?

what do you recommend?

what leads to a career with a lot of job opportunities and $$?

Looking for some advice,...

im thinking of going into pharmacist field..medical school and such.

whats some of your opinions,. :hat:

my major is international politics and communications, i graduate next june.

the major where you can make money is not important, but if you love what you're doing that should really matter, money won't matter in the long run. but that's an idealist talking.

thats very cool.

fashion doesnt really interest me, i want guaranteed $$ when i graduate :)

dentistry is a very good field to be going into. lots of job opportunities.

business administration is also good.

btw, pharmacists dont have access to ketamine, thats veterinarians only lol, i already checked. :eek:

btw im attending stony brook university.

thanks for the replies guys. more are very welcome

i'm a second year pharm student @ ru...all i can say is you better be very motivated to pursue pharmacy...but if you are interested its all good ($$$)...your first two years won't be especially tough, you'll have plenty of time to party your ass off (like myself), but years 3-5 are the death of many pharm students who don't take it seriously...and finally year 6 is all internships and work experience ($$$~!) and thats it you're done, sounds ez rite? you'll be well off too...pharmacists (drug store) make anywhere from 70k+ based on where you live...you can make a lot more working in industry, marketing, or govt, mind you ;) hope this helps and if you have questions ask me :)...RUs pharm program is good too if your wondering but hard to get in to...

My major is bio.....well at least so far

all I know after my bachelors degree is that I will still a few more years ahead of me (either dentistry, PT, or maybe med) still not sure

I thought about majoring in bio, so i can work on biogenetics. Is it really tough?

i initially went to college for phyisical therapy. um that lasted a year then switched to Public Relations and Sports ADministration. My goal was to be a Sports Information director.

but i went down a different path --- now i am a catalog inventory buyer. :laugh: go figure but i love my job

bbboom -- are you in design, merchandising, or another ? are you at FIT? just curious

Originally posted by stasis

thats very cool.

btw, pharmacists dont have access to ketamine, thats veterinarians only lol, i already checked. :eek:

true but you have access to vic's, percs and OC's -- huge $$ right there! although i am not encouraging to get into pharmacy for that reason.

6th year Pharmacy student...

and by the way startin salary is 85 -90,000... and by the way.. industry is not where u make the money... retail...or clinical pharmacist and also in your 6th year, u make no money, its all experience thats it.

peace

jon

p.s.

pharmacists' do have access to ketamine, so u found out wrong.

'm a second year pharm student @ ru...all i can say is you better be very motivated to pursue pharmacy...but if you are interested its all good ($$$)...your first two years won't be especially tough, you'll have plenty of time to party your ass off (like myself), but years 3-5 are the death of many pharm students who don't take it seriously...and finally year 6 is all internships and work experience ($$$~!) and thats it you're done, sounds ez rite? you'll be well off too...pharmacists (drug store) make anywhere from 70k+ based on where you live...you can make a lot more working in industry, marketing, or govt, mind you hope this helps and if you have questions ask me ...RUs pharm program is good too if your wondering but hard to get in to...

thats really interesting stuff. what classes did you take freshman year? im going to be taking chem, math, european history, chem lab, music, and a usb...what do you recommend for someone going into pharmacy

i havent declared a major but i will in medicine..i just need to know what classes will get me on the right track so i dont waste time.

Originally posted by jonathanny

6th year Pharmacy student...

and by the way startin salary is 85 -90,000... and by the way.. industry is not where u make the money... retail...or clinical pharmacist and also in your 6th year, u make no money, its all experience thats it.

long term there is more $$ opportunity in industry. i work in the pharmaceutical industry in operations. i have a degree in chemical engineering. you certaintly don't need a pharmd to work in this industry but i do know a lot of ppl with the pharmd degree working in my company with different roles in the drug development and production process.

if you think you like pharmacy, go for it. there are lots of different opportunities out there :) although i have to tell you that the ppl i know with pharmacy degrees say that retail is a harsh industry to work in.

my moms a physical therapist.

as per her comments, the job seems very on-your-feet and you have to have a lot of patience because you get a "variety of patients" with a "myriad" of attitudes..gotta know how to deal with people..

but 65+k per year and nothing to do when you get home (unless you have home care), and other than monthly reports is great.

pt is not a doctor tho. not a big feeling of self accomplishment. not too demanded either. its a good field if you want to do other stuff like be a team doctor for florida dolphins :) opportunities are endless :hat::blown: