Clubplanet Nightlife Community

nervous cuts...

dgmodel

i haven't gotten my hair cut since november because i haven't found someone i can trust since i moved out here. i have curly hair, which is hard to cut. i went to the vidal sassoon academy in november for a cut, and the girl who cut my hair jacked it up. lesson learned: don't let someone in school cut your hair, especially if your hair is difficult. i've tried to ask my friends if they have people they trust, but all my friends have bad haircuts and/or straight hair :tongue: . what's a girl to do :laugh: ?

not really.... one of my good friends does my hair and i trust her (for the most part)

although htere was one time i let her color a very .. um "unusual" color... me :eek: when i took the towel off. i made her put in a darker semi-perm color immediately

ooooo - when i was bettie page for halloween, i had my hair dyed black. everyone i knew said that black never comes out, but the guy who did my hair said that dye would. aside from the dye that dripped on that first week's shirts and ruined them :mad3: (i didn't notice till the end of the week), the dye remained. after i got about an inch of root (not attractive), i went to my friend's trusted place to try to match my roots. they stripped and bleached - which hurt more than going to the dentist, i kid you not, then dyed. my hair came out as though i were a naturally bright redhead, when my hair is really light brown. they felt bad and didn't charge me much, and i was annoyed at first, but everyone liked it, including my dad, who hates everything unnatural. after that grew out a bit i tried to get my red matched to my brown, but a colorist said it couldn't be done. i had to go through that "watch the red slowly fall down the head as time goes by" thing, which i think looks ridiculous.

blahblahblah

moral of the story: it's true, even if the box or someone says it's temporary, black is always permanent :paint: .

i was growin my hair for a lil under a year then i had someone put that s-curl junk in my hair then forgot how long he left it in there so not only did i come out with my scalp burned (that shit burns) my hair had no body an just flowed in the wind it was softer than the softest thing u could find that an to top it off the barber jacked my hair up like i jack threads ...oO(knew i shouldn t have gone to him when i saw that bottle of beer on the counter) needless to say i cut it all off the next morn maaaaan it was bad

Originally posted by hitokiri24

i was growin my hair for a lil under a year then i had someone put that s-curl junk in my hair then forgot how long he left it in there so not only did i come out with my scalp burned (that shit burns) my hair had no body an just flowed in the wind it was softer than the softest thing u could find that an to top it off the barber jacked my hair up like i jack threads ...oO(knew i shouldn t have gone to him when i saw that bottle of beer on the counter) needless to say i cut it all off the next morn maaaaan it was bad

if you ever need a haircut, just holla.....

ill cut your hair jay.... just holla

ill cut your hair jay.... just holla

nobody answered me before, and i really want some advice on this one:

i may have a friend of a friend who's a pro cut it soon; i'm wondering if that's a good idea. if i hate it, i don't want it to be awkward between us. what do you guys think?

i say go for it... long time ago in hs and jhs, i used to give $5 fades in my basement... (it was a barber shop a long time back, and my parents never redid it...) and i would color hair, and do some of my lady friends hair... never had any complaints... so what im saying is if you trust your friend go for it... im sure hes just as nervous to cut your hair as you are to let him cut it... so i think s/he will be extra careful...