Clubplanet Nightlife Community

psycho stalker at crobar miami

osirisrising

Originally posted by osirisrising

ONE MAY SMILE AND SMILE AND BE A VILLAIN

OPHIR GUILTY OF STALKING AND SLANDER

I aint no stalker bro, I'm jes a bizness man and I mean bizness,

so if yore in da same bizness gedout or I'll give ya da bizness.

Below is a large portion of a document I had originally filed with a lawyer and friends concerning the ongoing harassment of myself Nicodemus and my partner Anitra by purported club promoter Carmel Ophir. I say purported because he has never created a successful event of his own, having bought into two already long running one-nighters, then proceeding to take credit for the hard work invested by others, garnering more of a reputation for failing to provide the basic sound and staging requirements necessary for professional performing artists. His main concern is for the almighty dollar and how to relieve you of yours, the ridiculous extents he'll go to in his efforts to do this is a book by itself, just a "bizness" man giving artists "da bizness". This guy was nothing more than an insignificant mediocrity to me and the following facts would be just so much warmed over garbage except that the harassment still continues to this day. _______________________________________________________ Apparently he "owned" (according to him) Sunday night on South Beach, so when we mounted our hugely successful one-off extravaganza the Erotic Vampire Ball and "dared" to do it on a Sunday night, harnessing the talents of hundreds of musicians, performers, artists and DJ's (who he also later threatened, see below) he went ballistic and has been harassing us ever since, (abating for a couple of weeks when we contacted his boss, the owner of Groove Jet who ordered him to desist). My partner even offered to promote his little night in our advertising, not as an appeasement but out of her own sense of goodwill and generosity. This was most offensive to Ophir and further incited his wrath. So with the help of some other bullies he started to threaten us in person and over the phone. _______________________________________________________ He then proceeded to spread malicious slander to anyone who would listen, threatening those who would favor us (see below) including performers and media people, managing along the way to fracture a few good relationships with his poison. He has hijacked, with their misguided support, the resources of 'crobar' nightclub where he is currently employed, to utilise in his campaign of harassment against us in an attempt to fulfill his threat to "put a block" on us and to "shut us down". Despite all our efforts to avoid this vindictive creep, it doesn't ever look like ending and he continues to disrupt the quiet enjoyment of our lives, a basic right of every citizen methought, so I have asked my caring and mindful friends and other contacts in Miami and New York to use their mailing lists to disseminate this information and to boycott the obviously psychotic Ophir and any establishment that would support him in persecuting us. ______________________________________________________ Of course I will not be cowered by anyone who threatens me but I take death threats very seriously and Ophirs bullshit has caused my beautiful partner and soul-mate a great deal of stress and that brings out my devils. My aim is get this matter into the light and to stop the harassment and to boycott those who would aid and abet him in this harassment, because I believe that if he's doing it to us he's probably doing it to others. So don't let him get away with it. The document follows;_______________________________________________ To Whom It May Concern; Regarding the Matter of Harassment of Certain Persons by an Individual known as Carmel Ophir._________________________________________________ I, Nicodemus and my partner Anitra, currently residing in South Beach, Florida, do on this 22nd day of March 2002, wish that the following facts be known.________________________________________________ 1] That if we are found dead or maimed or viciously beaten or if we suddenly and mysteriously 'disappear,' that the perpetrator of these crimes will most certainly be Carmel Ophir,*** an individual who is currently employed as a promoter by Crobar nightclub located at 1445 Washington Ave in South Beach, who did start a personal vendetta against my partner and I in August 1999 for the reason that we 'dared' to curate an event on the night that he 'owned'._______________________________________________ 2] That this individual did, from August 1999, make numerous threats in person and over the telephone to harm us and to kill us and to make us 'disappear'. ***___________________________________________________ 3] That this individual did stalk us, showing up in person at dozens of events he knew we would attend with the purpose of intimidating us and did subsequently defame and slander us to individuals who were in attendance at those events.________________________________________________ 4] That this individual did threaten not to employ other people who might promote us in any way including photographers and writers in the print and other media._________________________________________________ 5] That this individual did threaten to withhold all advertising and advertising revenue from publications that did carry advertising for our performing-arts and music events or in any way promoted us or featured us in their articles.______________________________________________ 6] That this individual did threaten to terminate all contact with performers and other artists who would work for or with us and that any benefits they may derive from his promotions would be canceled.______________________________________________ 7] That this individual did maliciously deface and discard promotional materials for our events with the intention of causing us harm through the disruption of our business and by 'shutting us down.' ***____________________________________________________ 8] That this individual did slander and defame us to hundreds of people including our friends and others who were known socially to us and to complete strangers, who did later inform us of this slander._______________________________________________ 9] That this individual did contact prospective bookers, club owners and promoters to render slanderous tales of our supposed misconduct, being entirely manufactured by him for the purpose of interrupting and denying us a livelihood in Miami.________________________________________________ 10] That due to the ongoing conduct of this individual which is totally intolerable to my partner and I and has caused her great stress and has injured the quality and enjoyment of her life and owing to the fact that his obsessive antagonistic behavior has continued since August 1999 and has not abated but has increased and that we are very concerned for our safety and well being, I write this letter in the hope that if any harm does come to us, that Carmel Ophir be thoroughly investigated by the police and if found to be the perpetrator that he be punished to the fullest extent of the law._________________________________________________ Sincerely, Nicodemus_____________________________________________ [ *** Other individuals who were in the company of Ophir when he made threats to us or defaced our property and witnesses to those actions are named in a separate document as are those people mentioned above to whom he made threats or told slanderous lies to regarding us.] _______________________________________________________ Footnote: There are many honorable promoters in Miami and elsewhere, this statement is in no way meant to denegrate them or any other person who may be currently involved with Ophir. However, if you have had a similar experience or want further information please contact me. [Thanks to those who already have, a more fully realized web site regarding this matter and featuring some of your stories is under construction so stay tuned].

Email: nicodemus@mensmashatoms.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what the hell is this all about? :confused:

Now onto this promoter death threat drama, I would have to be there to decide who's right and who's wrong, but it seems I have heard this story before with club owners/promoters/personas/empresarios, whatever you want to call them, threatening the other competitors with death, etc. I believe that guy is in the witness protection program ice-fishing and dating fat chicks. So I would just be careful of what you do or you may end up far from the beautiful women and weather of Miami Beach. You all know the story, the guy seemed to have it all, dated supermodels & celebrities, and owned clubs and restaurants. A few deals with the devil and some bad moves and look where he ended up. What ever happened to capitalism and free markets, competition is good, if you can't take it, get out of the business, cause this club business is one of the most competitive out there, you don't see death threats from one movie studio head to another because their movies came out on the same day, please. If you are good at what you do, you shouldn't even have to talk about it, your parties, djing, or whatever you do will speak for itself. just my two cents

House Music All Night Long.

Report this post to a moderator |

Originally posted by bbflux

OK... you guys should all check out this dude's previous posts. :eek: This guy's a wacko and I hear there is even a police report filed against him.

http://bbs.clubplanet.com/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=60661

we don't discriminate on this board. we welcome everybody wackos, crackheads, drama queens, etc. they always have a home here on cp miami.. :laugh:

I just hope someone can prove accusations of threats with solid proof, like recordings or something, otherwise you don't have a leg to stand on. I'm not saying there aren't seedy people in this business who take advantage of djs artists and each other, every once in a while you have to take matters into your own hands, I once had to rip a mixer and cd player out of a club (where I did the installation for free) because they were breaking my contract as resident and 3 weeks late paying me, needless to say there was a happy ending, they got the equipment back and I got paid. I will probably never work with them again, but its not my loss.