Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Live Tech Mix- 08/06/02 & T list

kurtisp

http://www.skoolhouse.com/realaudio/kurtis-patrick-live-08-06-02.ram

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

01.)Sarah Jane Morris/ Ever Gonna Make it( Terry Francis Dirtfrog dub/ Poodle

02.)Eddie RIchards/ Underskopje/ Matterform

03.)Blu Yonder/ LA Rain/ Plug

04.)Yann Fontaine/ Hand in Hand/ Ovum

05.)Smithmonger/ Souf/ Oblong

06.)Mothersole & Harris/ 1992/ Laus

07.)Eddie Richards/ Open The Pod Door/ Matterform

08.)Get @#%$/ Love Balls/ Technical House

09.)Dylan Rhymes/ Thunderdub/ Blue Black

10.)Don't Bogart/ Generator/ Spacecraft

11.)David Squillance/ Music Architecture/ Sketch

Recorded Live on Proton Radio.com

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by kurtisp

http://www.skoolhouse.com/realaudio/kurtis-patrick-live-08-06-02.ram

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

01.)Sarah Jane Morris/ Ever Gonna Make it( Terry Francis Dirtfrog dub/ Poodle

02.)Eddie RIchards/ Underskopje/ Matterform

03.)Blu Yonder/ LA Rain/ Plug

04.)Yann Fontaine/ Hand in Hand/ Ovum

05.)Smithmonger/ Souf/ Oblong

06.)Mothersole & Harris/ 1992/ Laus

07.)Eddie Richards/ Open The Pod Door/ Matterform

08.)Get @#%$/ Love Balls/ Technical House

09.)Dylan Rhymes/ Thunderdub/ Blue Black

10.)Don't Bogart/ Generator/ Spacecraft

11.)David Squillance/ Music Architecture/ Sketch

Recorded Live on Proton Radio.com

i listened to the entire mix... that ain't tech, its house, straight up fucking house......... not tech........ shit is terriible......... you should be ashamed of yourself for posting it is tech... do me a favor quit djing. that was one badddddddddddddddddddddddd mix..... i was excited when i saw the post and i listened to 101 mins of that crap........ the unemployment line just got longer........

dude saleen, what the fuck are you on!?!? it can't get much more tech than that. i think you mean techno. 2 TOTALLY different things. get your head out of your ass. this is tech house... people in jersey will be about it in 2 more years... as usual. terry francis? dave mothersole? evil eddie richards? get fvcked? probably too old school techy for you. they existed long before the 3 years ago that jersey/ny "discovered" the scene. ever heard of ralph lawson? back to basics? i've got mixtapes of his that are probably older than you. this mix is good kurtis... it's obvious some people in here have no clue.

:tongue:

Tech meaning Tech House, anyone that knows anything about dance music would know what I'm talking about, obviously you don't..

You don't like it, I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it..

It's here for the people that just might like it.

PS, what the hell is wrong with you?:screwy:

Originally posted by saleen351

i listened to the entire mix... that ain't tech, its house, straight up fucking house......... not tech........ shit is terriible......... you should be ashamed of yourself for posting it is tech... do me a favor quit djing. that was one badddddddddddddddddddddddd mix..... i was excited when i saw the post and i listened to 101 mins of that crap........ the unemployment line just got longer........

::

http://www.skoolhouse.com/realaudio/live_on_protonradio.com.ram

Here's a "Prog" mix, maybe you'll like that one.

recorded live Proton Radio

Kurtis Patrick Live, Proton Radio-07/19/02

<Drifting> 01.)Odessa/ Refresh My Memory/ Grounded

<Drifting> 02.)Jerry Bonham/ Seventh Seal/ Saw pre release

<Drifting> 03.)Tszpun/ Unknown/ Music Now promo

<Drifting> 04.)Digital Mind Control/ Mindstate/ Zero Tolerance

<Drifting> 05.)The Aircrash Bureau/ Don't Expect Me/ Vsual

<Drifting> 06.)Tszpun/ Unknown/ Music Now Promo

<Drifting> 07.)SX-01/ Synthetic System/ Low Technique

<Drifting> 08.)Digital Mind Control/ Beta Proxima 7/ Zero Tollerance

<Drifting> 09.)Howie & Cash/ Blender(Sifter remix)/ Funked Up Recordings

<Drifting> 10.)Dalls Kiss/ Revalation/ Automatic

<Drifting> 11.)Hamel Swain & Snell/ Future mix 1/ Sunkissed

<Drifting> 12.)Duran & Aytek/ House Breaking/ 3 Beat

<Drifting> 13.)Jf Sebastian feat Kazz/ Burden/ Pitch Black

<Drifting> 14.)Redanka/ Ghosts In The Midst/ Whoop

Yo, You need to fuckin relax. Totally un-called for....

Originally posted by saleen351

Since When Did the letters TECH mean Tech-House. I have no clue about tech House becuase it flat out sux and belongs in the sewers of nj.... (Just getting back on you Kurtis with your Rave Comment).... I think TECHNO has been around a bit longer then Tech - House..... In no way am I defending Saleen, I would never do that but Never Post anything thing and say it is Tech when it is Flat out Tech - House, I know Cooljunkie and Miami have been doing some major cocksucking on This tech progressive house shit but your not quite to the point of having the whole fucking country knowing what you mean.

since when has tech ever not meant tech house. for peole in the scene, they KNOW what tech means. as for your comment "tech House becuase it flat out sux and belongs in the sewers of nj" then why to you follow up w/ a sig that says "www.djpetedekan.com For Trance & Tech Mixes." what's your definition? and if you have no clue, then why are you passing judgement? besides, it's not our fault the rest of the country is 3 years behind.

For People In the Techno Scene they Know and Refer to Techno as Tech which is Short For Techno. I am just saying I think or thought I may be wrong that Tech House is a mixture of Techno and House Therefore it gets some of its music elements from its predecessor Techno. As Far as comment on Tech House I was just merely joking around with Kurtis because of a comment he had made in another thread about other genres of electronical music and where they belonged. And I never Pass Judgement on anything, I even gave Saleen a Shot.

for inquiring minds. this was taken from eurodance hits:

Over the years and around the world the term "TECHNO" has come to mean many things to many people. The term was first cloned by Kraftwerk from Germany to describe their unique use of technology in electronic and computerized instruments while making contemporary Pop Music. As techno evolved new terminology was required to make sense of all its variants. In time it stood for what now refers to "INDUSTRIAL" or "ELECTRONIC BODY MUSIC" and later still, for what is now considered the "HOUSE, the sound originated in Detroit and Chicago in the mid-'80s. Pioneered by such luminaries as Juan Atkins, Kenny Larkin and Mike "Hitman" Wilson techno has evolved from cutting edge underground ('84 to '89); to undisputed ruler of the American rave scene ('89 to '92), to mainstream "Top 40" acceptance. The commercial success of techno has also led to it's fall from grace in the underground scene, being replaced by trance, progressive house, and the strong resurgence of true house. Today the term "TECHNO" has come to mean fusion of all these styles and now"TECHNO" is the short from "TECHNO-HOUSE".

Throught all the phases and trends and ups and downs that TECHNO has endured, one man maintained his position as an instigator and innovator and is now consider the godfather of the TECHNO movement - Talla 2XLC. born and Raised in Frankfurt, Germany, he founded the first club exclusively devoted to TECHNO, conceived Frontpage Magazine, and launched, with Zoth Ommog SUCK ME PLASMA, the first TECHNO-HOUSE label. He has lived by the TECHNO motto" "Forcing The Future", like no other DJ before or since. Never ego-driven or spotlight-hungry he became a quet but enormously influential mastermind behind every aspect of TECHNO's eveolution. Although the seeds of TECHNO were planted in Frankfurt's Rhein-Main district, it soon spread internationally through 80's and 90's. Now, Tall 2XLC is still in top form and widely regarded as the creative genius behind TECHNO-HOUSE current popularity.

Attributes: Hard synth-keyboard riffs, pounding Belgian style bass, often combining male rap and female vocals and always delivering the most intense, frenetic eneregy possible. 130 to 150 BPM. Examples: L.A. Style, Moby, Fierce Ruling Diva, Tyrell Corp., Robotico Rejecto, Klangwerk, Quadrophonia, many of the releases on Radikal on Bounce labels, Suck Me Plasma releases and everything from Rotterdam.

P.S. Nice Mix Kurtis ! :)

Oh for CRYING OUT LOUD, people!!!!! What's the big, FUCKING, deal????? Techno is ONE THING and TECH-HOUSE is another.

SALEEN: That wasn't very nice :nono:

DJ DEKAN: who gives a rat's ass if you don't like it???? I think Trance sucks but you've never seen me knocking IT or you on this forum. :rolleyes:

Kurtis: You rock. :)

James: We're ridin' on the same wave, baby!!!! :D

I opened up a can of worms here on the Miami board:o

Let me set the records str8. It's a Tech House mix, after 3 seconds of listening you should be able to distinguish it from Techno. Techno means Techno

Pete , you seem to be holding on to some anger & frustration for not making the finals in that contest. IT's not the end of the world man.

Last year when I entered that contest , winning was the farthest thing from my mind, & what do you know. You seem to have gone into the contest thinking you were going to win which was setting yourself up for a big fall if you didn't. Keep practicing you're young, or so it seems at least..

Thanks for anyone who actaully took the time to listen to the mix & comment. Next time I'll be sure to label it Tech House or Deep Tech, as not to offend anyone else.

Originally posted by kurtisp

Pete , you seem to be holding on to some anger & frustration for not making the finals in that contest. IT's not the end of the world man.

That wasn't called for.

Im sure this will now open up another thread, bag, can, whatever you wanna call it, full of drama.

What??

I can understand if it wasn't true that it was uncalled for. But it was in no way meant to be maliciuos, just stating the obvious..

He's been downing the cooljunkies since the contest

I know Cooljunkie and Miami have been doing some major cocksucking on This tech progressive house shit

DO NOT DARE EVER CONFUSE TECHNO WITH THAT TECH HOUSE SHIT!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I have listened to WAYYYYYY TOO MANY fuckin people now get all happy feet cause they thought what they heard was techno but in fact was tech-house...key word HOUSE...key word...SLOWER.

I in fact do have room to talk here because i have been listening straight up pure techno since im a wee bit lad of 12-13 yrs old and i have a cousin who is a VERY successful dj/producer and has had remixes done for him by such artists as, Regis...Surgeon...Dan Bell....Damon Wild.

"WHO THE FUCK ARE THOSE GUYS???" is prolly what YER thinking.

WELL IN FACT..those guys are some of the few TRUE TECHNO DJ/PRODUCERS.

People nowadays fuck up the meaning of techno so much cause of the commericalization due to radio of electronic dance music.

Me: you listen to TECHNO?

dumb kid brainwashed by commerical radio: HELL YEA!! I LOVE CASTLES IN THE SKY..IAN VAN DAHL ROCKS!!...oh oh..and i like that old Ace of Base song..and and..that C + C Music factory song..yea man those ones are great.

Me: ::Pullsoutrevolver..endslittlejohnnieslife::

Point here is that your either an afficiando or yer not.

Obviously though..as a dj...you SHOULD KNOW the difference between TECHNO and TECH-HOUSE and SHOULD NEVER CONFUSE the 2.

why?

read my example above...there arent enough confused people out there who when asked if they listen to Techno dont know if u meant KTU's Top 10...or the actual GENRE itself..and YES there is a genre...

If you'd like to learn more about this.. TECHNO genere....then i suggest you buy records from the following...

Surgeon...Jeff Mills...James Ruskin... Neil Landstrumm...Gene LeFosse...Dan Bell...Shufflemaster...Tobias Schmidt...Underground Resistance...Gaetano Parisio...Umek...The Advent..Oliver Ho...Adam X..Dylan Drazen...Function...Alexi Delano..Francis Harris...Ben Sims...Damon Wild...Steve Bicknell...Regis...Hardfloor...Joey Beltram...Indigio Kennedy..John Selway...Christian Smith..Mistress Barbara....Sven Vath....just to name a few.

Class is now fuckin dismissed.