Clubplanet Nightlife Community

6-packs

He he....oops. I thought you meant of beer....situps, crunches, AB ROLLER...I swear by that thing...works wonders. Takes a while if you're not even close, but if you just have a little extra on the tummy it won't take long...6 weeks....of doing the ab roller and other ab exercizes every day.:D

Originally posted by phillydiva

He he....oops. I thought you meant of beer....situps, crunches, AB ROLLER...I swear by that thing...works wonders. Takes a while if you're not even close, but if you just have a little extra on the tummy it won't take long...6 weeks....of doing the ab roller and other ab exercizes every day.:D

werd:aright: def the ab roller, that thing kicks ass!

Originally posted by phillydiva

There is no such thing as spot reduction.

To expose your abs you must lose weight *all over* your body.

Sorry, it's the brutal truth that the fitness industry would rather you not know.

Originally posted by hoke

Sorry, it's the brutal truth that the fitness industry would rather you not know.

right, but if you're not really overweight and you just want more definition the ab roller can help do that

What a lot of people dont realize...

is 80% of having a good body (for what ever reason: Bodybuilding, modeling, atheletes.. or just for the beach) is your diet!

remember what you eat is usually reflected on your body....

so if you eat right and train right your body will look great...

but your body cant make any gains or changes without the right fuel....

my 2 cents...

Originally posted by so54

right, but if you're not really overweight and you just want more definition the ab roller can help do that

The ab roller will help you make your abs larger, true -- but it's not really the best for that, either.

The abs are like any other muscle and respond to similar techniques: a predetermined number of sets and reps, using increasing weight over time. When you do hundreds of crunches at a time, you're mainly building endurance.

100% true. Dieting is 90% more important then exercising to show overall cuts on your body. Plus if you don't diet correctly and workout you won't really see results. Body fat has to be at 8% to start seeing abs and that bf% is no easy goal to reach...

Originally posted by magilicuti

100% true. Dieting is 90% more important then exercising to show overall cuts on your body. Plus if you don't diet correctly and workout you won't really see results. Body fat has to be at 8% to start seeing abs and that bf% is no easy goal to reach...

ummm... everyone is different, there's no set body fat % to start seeing abs... some people see abs higher than that, some lower...

yep gotta run to slim down only for the abbs to show do lots of runnin watch ur carb intake then do crunches, lie flat on the floor an have ur legs bout 6 inches of the ground don t let it touch the ground keepin legs straight hold for 30 sec there are other excersizes that help but i know thats a sure thing

Yeah, no shit....but you do have to target the spot as well. What I do to keep fit is an all over workout...legs, arms, buns and abs...some aerobic work, and running....but I have found if you target the abs and do all of your "normal" workout, you reduce faster on the spot you choose to target. Just doing an all over workout and not focusing on a specific area takes longer to acheive the desired results in the desired area. So if you want to focus on your abs, do a FULL workout and then focus on the spot your are trying to define.