Clubplanet Nightlife Community

back from Puerto Rico

meng

Puerto Rico was awesome! I just got back and I may need a few days to recover from all the partying. I have to go back to work which sucks but I dropped off all 8 rolls of film I took over there to develop so I can post some of the cool pics of the trip here sometime later this week.

About my gig: awesome! The crowd was very responsive and very friendly Saturday night August 3rd at club Sala in Old San Juan. Incredible place I tell you. I have met at least 30 bad-ass people that I hope to see very soon again. As soon as I got to Puerto Rico I went to the hotel room and chilled out for a while with my buddy with a bottle of Bacardi while we waited to be picked up to go to the club.

At around 11:30PM we were picked up and were taken to club Sala where there were lots of beautiful girls dressed very nice and jamming out to resedint DJ Vic who was spinning a very smooth set of progressive house which I was told is not played in many other clubs in Puerto Rico. Apparently the big thing over there now is drum and bass and breaks as far as electronic music but these styles are being played in rave type parties. The big clubs(which aren't many) have been fiddling with progressive house for little over a year now and it's beginning to catch on quite well from what I was told by the promoters and partygoers.

I played from 2-4am while the club was packed and the place was jamming. When I finished I hooked up with some cool girls that we ended up hanging with until Sunday afternoon. After we left Sala, the girls took us to an afterhours joint called The Vibe.....scary looking place but it's the only place open until the afternoon on weekends and all the vampires go and hang out there cuz they have nowhere else to go. I didn't come across any problems during my whole stay in PR fortunately, but this place was a little cave for freaks, strippers and cross-dressers.....they were spinning mostly hard trance at The Vibe...anyways we got outta there at around 9am and went back to our hotel room(we had a suite in the Condado area). I must have drank 10 rum and cokes(Cuba Libres!) and had not felt buzzed yet....weird....must have been that plane ride!.....but we bought 3 twelve packs after we left the afterhours club in the Isla Verde area of Puerto Rico and headed to our room to chill....we hung out in our room until 2:30PM Sunday and then we called it quits......first night of Puerto Rico madness accomplished!.....for the next 5 days me and my buddy just chilled out and did touristy shit until the weekend came again......we went to "El Morro" which is the Spanish Fort built in 16th century to protect the city from attack.....that building is just too much to behold.....it's just plain AWESOME....we also visited the Bacardi distillery where although they only give you 2 tickets for two samples of Bacardi, you could always just hang out at the bar and get hooked up with as many samples as you want as long as you stay and chat with the bartender......We also went to the 2nd nicest beach in the world as seen on The Travel Channel....Flamenco Beach on Culebra Island(just a $2.25 ferry ride from the Eastern city of Fajardo)......fucking paradise.....a quarter mile strip of pale soft sand and crystal clear blue water....amazing......we attempted to hit up "El Yunque" which is the rain Forest over there but it was pouring rain and were afraid that the roads would become flooded cming back down the mountain so we had to back off and never made it back....that's the only thing I regret...not being able to check out the rain forest.....we made it about 7 kilometers up the mountain before turning back.....damn shame......I have pics of all this shit I'm talking about so you'll see them later when they get scanned...

Saturday night came along again which was the 10th and I had been asked to come and spin again at Sala from 2-4am like the week before.....this time they asked me to incorporate some breaks into my progressive house set to see how the crowd would react...I threw in 2 or 3 new school breaks which the crowd responded really well to. The Puerto Ricans seam to really love music and are very open to new styles of music as long as they feel good and keep dancing to it. When I finished at 4am I had my new girlfriends drop us off at the hotel cuz my buddy and I had only a few hours left to sleep before packing up and heading back home......so now I'm back and can't wait to get back over there and hang out with all the great people I met. (I'll have some pics up tommorrow).

peace

Sean

welcome back bro !! looks like you had a great time.... la proxima ves voy con vos boludo !!! me hubieras dicho la concha tu hermana !!! estoy loco por ir a PR y a CUBA !!! ah cojer me todas las minas.. :D :D glad you enjoyed it dude

Welcome back international DJ.

Sounds like you had a blast.

I think I'll go with you next time. A friend of mine has been helping me with my spanish and I want to practice.

Ive been for a chance to work on some of my social phrases....

I know I can work in: "Mira espectaluro la tetas mas grande et bonito u la mucho noche dos pumping el toungefordo"

My friend tells me it would be an appropriate greeting.

"Mira espectaluro la tetas mas grande et bonito u la mucho noche dos pumping el toungefordo"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

god damn dude! you have like 3 different languages all in the mix on that one! I can show you some phrases in Boricuan, bro!

I'm glad you a had a wonderful time. I haven't been PR in about 6 yrs. and I know exactly what you mean that place is awesome to visit. I actually went to the rain forest and it is an experience that you really shouldn't have missed. But you did the right thing turning back. The roads can be very tricky. The beach unforgettable. It's been six yrs. since I was there and I can remember how the beach looked like as, if I was just there this morning.

Bottom line...I am glad you had a great time doing what you do best and also had the fun while at it.... :):shades:

i'm glad to hear things back home are shaping up (scene-wise). what i had seen all my summers and winters going back was pretty shameful. flamenco is a very nice beach... haven't been there in ages. el yunque... man you should have gone... it rains everyday there... there's no escaping from it. anyhow, glad you had a good time.

marcos.