Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Hey Shook...

Originally posted by djjonstephen

It ain't only me that sees you taking a messageboard as reality.

So? You're still wrong.

Then again, maybe you're not. I don't know what you mean by "taking a message board as reality." If you mean that I try to apply the same principles to my interactions on the boards as I do in real life, then yeah, I take the boards as reality.

But you know what? I like it that way. I'm not the kind of person to be a dick to people or condone ridicule because it's "just a message board."

There are real people behind those screen names, and believe it or not, what you say on these boards does have an impact on those people. I don't think I'm being "too serious" if I try to keep that in mind... do you?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by hoke

So? You're still wrong.

Then again, maybe you're not. I don't know what you mean by "taking a message board as reality." If you mean that I try to apply the same principles to my interactions on the boards as I do in real life, then yeah, I take the boards as reality.

But you know what? I like it that way. I'm not the kind of person to be a dick to people or condone ridicule because it's "just a message board."

There are real people behind those screen names, and believe it or not, what you say on these boards does have an impact on those people. I don't think I'm being "too serious" if I try to keep that in mind... do you?

so if you take the boards as reality, I'd like to see you go up to his face in "real life" and call him stupid.

Talk about missing the point.

try again.............

thats what dipshits like yourself tend to not realize......that regardless of how you perceive other users and all and use the "same principles to your interactions" bullshit....its still just a fuckin messageboard........and you can still talk all the shit you want or try to sound high and mighty when you know in "real life" you would never insult shook or talk in that condensending (sp?) way to others cause you know you'd get a black eye if you did.

and hoke.....next time dont take the easy way out

and just answer my 1 question....if you ever saw shook out..would you tell him in his face up close hes so stupid that cant measure his own dick???

smokesum:

What is the point of that question? To prove that there are certain things I won't do out of fear for my physical well-being? Fine, you've proven that point. So? That has nothing to do with my principles, which remain consistent across the boards and real life.

I see it like this: CP is a community, and in any community, some people are easier "targets" than others. And, in any community, there are certain people who are more inclined to take advantage of those targets. Those people are bullies. Shook has taken it upon himself to be a bully in our community. That goes against my principles, so I respond to it. In real life I would respond differently, probably just by walking away and avoiding the situation entirely.

So clearly, I don't treat the boards as real life, but my principles are the same.

What part of this do you not understand?

Originally posted by smokesum

my point is the boards arent reality and hence therefore real life prinicples need not apply. stop takin the boards too serious and use them for what they are for.....entertainment.

We're going in the most frustrating circles here.

The boards ARE real, simply lacking direct physical interaction. The words that you're reading right now came from a human being, sitting at a computer, experiencing thoughts and emotions. What you say affects me, just as what I say affects you -- to disagree, you'd have to pretend that this whole exchange never took place!

I refer to the physical world as "real life" only because that's a common way of referring to it. But however you choose to call it, the fact remains that your "entertainment" cannot be separated from the actual people you're interacting with. To ignore "real life principles" in this scenario, you have to pretend that those people don't really exist -- that your words do not affect their lives. That's a very naive attitude, in my opinion.

smokesum:

What is the point of that question? To prove that there are certain things I won't do out of fear for my physical well-being? Fine, you've proven that point. So? That has nothing to do with my principles, which remain consistent across the boards and real life.

I see it like this: CP is a community, and in any community, some people are easier "targets" than others. And, in any community, there are certain people who are more inclined to take advantage of those targets. Those people are bullies. Shook has taken it upon himself to be a bully in our community. That goes against my principles, so I respond to it. In real life I would respond differently, probably just by walking away and avoiding the situation entirely.

So clearly, I don't treat the boards as real life, but my principles are the same.

What part of this do you not understand?

I'm sorry.....but you sound like such a herb here

bullies? community?

Are you serious??????

Jesus H Christ......you seriously need to get out, go outside, fly a kite

CP is not the end all be all of a social existance.....you need to realize that. Yes, you might meet people on here and become friends with them, but it is still a messageboard that people read and post aimlessly mostly to give reviews or fuck around.

I'm sorry.....but you sound like such a herb here

bullies? community?

Are you serious??????

Jesus H Christ......you seriously need to get out, go outside, fly a kite

CP is not the end all be all of a social existance

Don't even try to fucking tell me that you don't consider CP a community. Who the fuck do you think came to support you when you were spinning at Exit?

I paid thirty bucks to come see your sorry ass spin, couldn't even get into the fucking room, and for some reason unknown to me, you've been nothing but a dick to me ever since.

Grow up.

Don't even try to fucking tell me that you don't consider CP a community. Who the fuck do you think came to support you when you were spinning at Exit?

I paid thirty bucks to come see your sorry ass spin, couldn't even get into the fucking room, and for some reason unknown to me, you've been nothing but a dick to me ever since.

Grow up.

See....and this is what I'm talking about.

And your homie joeg proved to us all that its just a messageboard when he ripped all over quoth's mother out of the blue......something you supported in which, I might add, shows something considering you convey all your ideals and personality when you post......and quoth was like, yeah....its over the internet, who cares?

And no....I don't consider CP a community. Its a messageboard.....it isn't my life.

See....and this is what I'm talking about.

And your homie joeg proved to us all that its just a messageboard when he ripped all over quoth's mother out of the blue......something you supported in which, I might add, shows something considering you convey all your ideals and personality when you post......and quoth was like, yeah....its over the internet, who cares?

I never supported Joe's attack on quoth, Jon. Get your facts straight.

And no....I don't consider CP a community. Its a messageboard.....it isn't my life.

I'm sure all the people who paid money to come out and support you will be really glad to hear that. They came out to support a member of their COMMUNITY.

Considering that you spend your weekends partying with CP people, you're really just fooling yourself if you refuse to admit that CP is a community and an important part of your life.

But besides the point... I'm really curious to know what you have against me, Jon... what did I ever do to you?

(And yes, I want this to be public, because you've repeatedly given me shit publicly, so I think I deserve a public explanation.)

so if you take the boards as reality, I'd like to see you go up to his face in "real life" and call him stupid.

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

i do that all the time. i dont see what the problem is

:rolleyes:

are you serious? So let me get this straight. You talk shit to people over this messageboard then you see them in "real life" and say it to their face "all the time"?:laugh: what a crock of crap. You had a couple of things to say about me after i met you the first time in Roxy and came up to you nicely gave you a hug and tried to say hello. Then after you came to the board and tried to talk junk, i saw you in vinyl and came right up to you and said hiiiiiii how are you? and you had not one thing to say. LOL. :laugh: Stop lying..

I never supported Joe's attack on quoth, Jon. Get your facts straight.

I'm sure all the people who paid money to come out and support you will be really glad to hear that. They came out to support a member of their COMMUNITY.

Considering that you spend your weekends partying with CP people, you're really just fooling yourself if you refuse to admit that CP is a community and an important part of your life.

But besides the point... I'm really curious to know what you have against me, Jon... what did I ever do to you?

(And yes, I want this to be public, because you've repeatedly given me shit publicly, so I think I deserve a public explanation.)

Alright.....you need to hear this

GROW THE FUCK UP......GET A FUCKING LIFE

You just made it sound like I didn't appreciate everyone coming out to support me......who the fuck are you!!!!!!

You little whiny bitch....you bitch about not being invited to homegrown when the fact of the matter is if you kept your damn mouth shut you would have been playing the very next week....SURPRISE, SURPRISE!.....you bitch about people saying that you take the messageboard too seriously WHICH YOU JUST ADMITTED TO HERE......you bitch that I have something against you and that I'm being a dick when all I have ever said was that you take things too seriously on CP.

And yes, most of the people I spend partying with are CP people because all I ever do is go to clubs and lounges, but thats not to say a lot of the people I hang out with on the weekends don't even post on here.

Now that you wanted it done publically....there it is.

I appreciate you coming out to support me, and I appreciate everyone every time they come out and support me......it means so much to me its silly.

Once again, some whiny French dork actually tried to make it sound like I don't love the people that come out for me.....its not true

You really got no fucking life so you live it through a messageboard......and I'm sorry to say, its your bitch of a personality that alienates you and distances some of your former friends that cannot stand you anymore.

I'm through with you.....theres no hope

You little whiny bitch....you bitch about not being invited to homegrown when the fact of the matter is if you kept your damn mouth shut you would have been playing the very next week....SURPRISE, SURPRISE!.....

I have not ONCE bitched about not being able to play Homegrown. I know very well why I haven't been invited. I made a conscious decision to voice my opinion at my own detriment. If you think I did that unknowingly, you vastly underestimate my intelligence.

you bitch about people saying that you take the messageboard too seriously WHICH YOU JUST ADMITTED TO HERE......you bitch that I have something against you and that I'm being a dick when all I have ever said was that you take things too seriously on CP.

It's the way that you've said that it makes you a dick. If you'd just said it in passing, like, "Oh, Rackham takes the boards more seriously than most people"... that would be fine. But you call me on it often, and not exactly in a polite way... it may just be your personality, but if that's true, then I don't like that either.

And yes, most of the people I spend partying with are CP people because all I ever do is go to clubs and lounges, but thats not to say a lot of the people I hang out with on the weekends don't even post on here.

I never said that you don't hang out with non-board people. But to deny that CP is a community is just plain stupid.

Once again, some whiny French dork actually tried to make it sound like I don't love the people that come out for me.....its not true

Once again? When was the first time? Seriously... with all these insults, you do make it sound like you have something against me!

You really got no fucking life so you live it through a messageboard......and I'm sorry to say, its your bitch of a personality that alienates you and distances some of your former friends that cannot stand you anymore.

You know nothing about my life off the boards. I've had closer friends, closer loves, richer experiences in this world than you know. Talk about taking the boards seriously... you claim to know something about my life from my posts??? That's ridiculous!

And who are these "former friends" that I've alienated? No, really, tell me... I don't think I've lost any friends in my time here... on the contrary, I've made a couple very close friends and partied with many more.

I'm through with you.....theres no hope

No hope for what, Jon? Do you think I'm unhappy with my life? Do you think I'm somehow going astray? I'm really happy with the direction my life is taking, and I'm actually pretty happy with the way I present myself on the boards. Some people can't handle it because it's too "serious"... fine. There are others who do appreciate that I'm thoughtful and direct.

Again, you clearly have something against me. I wish I knew what it was...

wow you two. you're both my friends and you're at each other's throats, yet you're both guys who i'd think would get along great if they could put down the prejudices and fronts and just let stuff slide a little.

let it go - it ain't worth being aggravated about. you're both cool people who i value highly and you both dance like a bunch of idiots, so neither of you should be taking any moral high ground here ;)

Originally posted by cintron

wow you two. you're both my friends and you're at each other's throats, yet you're both guys who i'd think would get along great if they could put down the prejudices and fronts and just let stuff slide a little.

let it go - it ain't worth being aggravated about. you're both cool people who i value highly and you both dance like a bunch of idiots, so neither of you should be taking any moral high ground here ;)

True... I guess I just don't take well to assaults on my personality like that. There's no reason to continue expressing an opinion about me that you've already made clear many times... and include it in a bullshit awards thread, nonetheless. If Jon ever had a kind word for me, I would think differently... there are certainly friends that I can take that kind of joking around from. But Jon has not said anything nice to me in a LOOOONG time. It gets really old and tiring. Eventually I feel a need to call him on it. So here we are.

you're just letting your frenchness get to you. Didn't anyone tell you you're the most hated people in all of europe? ;)

seriously though, you two both CAN be good friends if you stop trying to shove bigger insults up the other guy's ass. It almost seems like you two are married. I mean really.:D

Originally posted by girly

are you serious? So let me get this straight. You talk shit to people over this messageboard then you see them in "real life" and say it to their face "all the time"?:laugh: what a crock of crap. You had a couple of things to say about me after i met you the first time in Roxy and came up to you nicely gave you a hug and tried to say hello. Then after you came to the board and tried to talk junk, i saw you in vinyl and came right up to you and said hiiiiiii how are you? and you had not one thing to say. LOL. :laugh: Stop lying..

ITS CALLED SCARCASM!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes: