Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Couple plan to clone a baby!!CNN) -- Bill and Kathy imm

(CNN) -- Bill and Kathy immediately set out to have a baby when they married in 1993. But after years of enduring fertility drugs, artificial insemination, in-vitro fertilization -- with no success -- the couple are turning to a controversial alternative to get the baby they so desperately desire.

What are your thoughts on this.

Dont care!!

Good for them!!

Not everyone is meant to have a baby.

There are plenty of unwanted babies, should we really be cloning babies when we can adopt.

what is your take on the issue?

cloning people is bad. :worry: good point with the unwanted babies thing. people should just adopt these babies. there are just some members of the gene pool that shouldn't be cloned and its scary just thinking about it :shake:

Originally posted by mugwump

As a cloned person I resent all

the hostility towards us..

Shame on you.

(Congratz to the couple and here's

to the inevitable future)

Cheers~

ohhhhh! i get it....i always knew there was somethin funny about you:shaky:

j/k:laugh:

Originally posted by so54

cloning people is bad. :worry: good point with the unwanted babies thing. people should just adopt these babies. there are just some members of the gene pool that shouldn't be cloned and its scary just thinking about it :shake:

i agree it's scary and unnatural

naissance.gif

Originally posted by somebitch

i dont understand why they dont adopt either...

whos baby are they cloning?? and if it isnt gonna be her egg and his sperm why not just adopt? its not gonna genetically be theirs anyway.

makes no sense. :confused:

Agreed.

Even though I agree with the adoption sentiment, I do support cloning as a science, it's just a natural stage in our scientific advancement, it'll help mankind discover things about themselves that might take centuries of natural evolution, if we're smart enough to do it, then why not? Science is neither good nor evil, it only depends on the ppl who use it.

Even though I agree with the adoption sentiment, I do support cloning as a science, it's just a natural stage in our scientific advancement, it'll help mankind discover things about themselves that might take centuries of natural evolution, if we're smart enough to do it, then why not? Science is neither good nor evil, it only depends on the ppl who use it.

Originally posted by streetraver

There is nothing wrong with you science to saves lives and cloning has the potential to do a lot of good, but it also has the a very large down side. I dont think cloning should be banned, but why not adopt. Plus, I kind of see this as nature's way of population control.

Adoption is the right thing to do but you know that there will be people out there with money who's going to want to use the cloning technology to create perfect babies and possibly even genetically engineer them a bit. Now that the cat's out of the bad, gattaca is not far from happening ( for those of you who's seen the movie ). How will "normal" kids compete with the super kids who are stronger, smarter and more resistant to disease?

Originally posted by streetraver

This just brings into mind the old Science vs. Morality (Law). Morality will always be behind technology so you have to ask yourself is it right to clone a human being. Theres benefits and and consequences to this. Theologists say, "If God wanted them to have a baby he would have given them a baby." Naturalists say, "Cloning isnt natural, adopt a tree!." Scientists say, "Hell fuckit if God created us in his image then he gave us the intelligence and forsight to allow us to clone." Clubbers say, "Fuck cloning gimme another pill im coming down..."