Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Groove

Originally posted by phuturephunk

. . . . I haven't seen this thing yet . . . I have heard it's cheezy tho . . . :smoke: . .

. . . But come on now . . . glowsticks? . . . . Day-glo colored clothing?? . . . Trance?? . . It's great in the moment . . but . . ehh. . . you know what I mean . . . :smoke: . . . .

Phunk, if you don't like Vinyl Fridays anymore, you definitely won't like "Groove". It pretty much depicts what was going on in the San Francisco scene, but it's basically about a bunch of raver kids who decide to take 'e' one night. The whole movie takes place at a rave and the whole cast is on e. John Digweed can't act for shit either! :eek:

Originally posted by bustaknut2001

Oh, and one more thing, I think it shows how raves really are. There's not much depth involved with making a documentary on kids who go to raves and take drugs. It looks stupid from the outside whether you've been there or not.

...why dont you tell us "How a RAVE really is?"

You're right about that! damn straight bwoy!

you are totally contradicying yourself...

you said that the movie Groove depicts a rave...but then you say Digweed would never spin @ a rave...

...and how many years have you been going to raves so you can pass that type of judgement?

Originally posted by glowgrlnyc

you are totally contradicying yourself...

you said that the movie Groove depicts a rave...but then you say Digweed would never spin @ a rave...

...and how many years have you been going to raves so you can pass that type of judgement?

Let me make myself clearer. The movie took place at a rave. It's very simple to show that on a movie screen. There's a bunch of fucked up kids taking drugs and loving the music, bonding, etc....in the beginning (at least in California) you had to find out about a rave through someone and bring a soup can, or an egg, or just a pass. HOWEVER, in the real world, John Digweed would never spin at a rave. Less known dj's that weren't as expensive for the party throwers would be playing.

Now, as for me, my days of raving were 1993-95 IN SF (and I wasn't THAT into it). I'm 31. ;)

Let me make myself clearer. The movie took place at a rave. It's very simple to show that on a movie screen. There's a bunch of fucked up kids taking drugs and loving the music, bonding, etc....in the beginning (at least in California) you had to find out about a rave through someone and bring a soup can, or an egg, or just a pass. HOWEVER, in the real world, John Digweed would never spin at a rave. Less known dj's that weren't as expensive for the party throwers would be playing.

Now, as for me, my days of raving were 1993-95 IN SF (and I wasn't THAT into it). I'm 31. ;)

ahhh...i gotcha ;) ...we started partying around the same time...

...oh well...i still thought the movie was quite entertaining... ;)