Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Number 1 DJ in NYC

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Donnie, your right about Peters. He's great. Plus he's been there every Saturday for 6 years. My only criticism of Peters, is these 40 minute songs he sometimes plays. But when you DJ for 16 hours, i can understand. Peters definitely plays some amazing house songs. The other NY DJs I'v liked over the years are Vicious, Corbett, Chris Bjork, DJ Boris, Danny Tenaglia and now give Mike Bugout his due. He's been playing some sick music.

See im a Factory head, but its threads with posts like these that piss me off. Yes Jp rips it up, he amazes me sometimes, hot tracks, keeps the mood, i agree with all of it, but why would you make a thread and just put

"Jonathan Peters all the way. 16 hr sets week after motha fucking week. sick track after sick track. all the hit tracks heard first at SF."

Thats just asking for drama and you just make people put this "stupid" stereotype on people who go to Factory. ::shakes head:: I really just dont understand people sometimes.

i would say all the other dj i listen to. i think he's number not just in new york but out of all the dj i know of. superchumbo, sasha, digwee, dt, draper, rivera, pvd, tiesto, of course JV, jason ojeda, junior vasquez, boris, danny howells, peter rauhofer, hex hector, plamix honey, of course eddie baez, and plenty more.

The DJ that has Impressed me to the point where i was like wow, he is fucking insane, was picotto. And this isnt even seeing him live. I have aout 4 or 5 Live sets from him that i have burnt on CD and i Blast in my room. Just lay down and listen. Sick tracks, sick mixing, everything, just the energy is amazing. Live...JP had to be the one who impressed me the most so far. Ive seen tiesto, oakenfold, PVD, Carl Cox, and some other non-big named DJ's.

How people say these 40 min songs piss em off etc...I dunno, i enjoy em. Keeps bringing you up and down, anticipating the big KICK, and not only do you get it once, you get it 2 or 3 times.

Id also like to add that Baez had my attention at Roxy when he spun. Myself, Bugout, and Roninmess were in the booth, i had never heard him spin b4, but i hear everyone talk shit about how he sucks etc...but he had my attention. He was good if ya ask me. I def. would put him up there with someone i would 110% want to go see again.

I just love music. And when a DJ can take that love for the music and Amplify it the point where you just have to shake your head and go daaaaaamn, that just makes everything about the club scene brighter in my eyes. Cant wait for this winter when in my opinion, every place is so much better.

i totally agree. when jp plays a 40 song i love it up brings u up and down and back into the song. when i hear the beat drop at 7 mins or at 40 i still love it sometime swhen u hear the beat drop like the 5th time u like it betta than the first. But for the people who don't like these 40 mins songs . He has a rite to cause he is there for 16 hrs every sat.

Originally posted by donnie

i would say all the other dj i listen to. i think he's number not just in new york but out of all the dj i know of. superchumbo, sasha, digwee, dt, draper, rivera, pvd, tiesto, of course JV, jason ojeda, junior vasquez, boris, danny howells, peter rauhofer, hex hector, plamix honey, of course eddie baez, and plenty more.

Ok now your just asking for it.

Have you seen Digweed, Rivera, Tom Stephan, any of these guys spin........You say Draper, lol :laugh:

Just move this to the drama forum now. Or better yet delete it.

Originally posted by clubbhoppintg

The DJ that has Impressed me to the point where i was like wow, he is fucking insane, was picotto. And this isnt even seeing him live. I have aout 4 or 5 Live sets from him that i have burnt on CD and i Blast in my room. Just lay down and listen. Sick tracks, sick mixing, everything, just the energy is amazing. Live...JP had to be the one who impressed me the most so far. Ive seen tiesto, oakenfold, PVD, Carl Cox, and some other non-big named DJ's.

Oakenfold, Tiesto, Pvd, all do the same thing, mix one song out of the other, they do nothing special. Cox on the other hand is a nasty bastard, mixing 3 records at once.

As far as Picotto Live, I seen him twice so far since February, hes sick, so much fucking energy, hes psycho in the booth, and he fucks with everything. Great DJ.

Originally posted by mikeydny

Ok now your just asking for it.

Have you seen Digweed, Rivera, Tom Stephan, any of these guys spin........You say Draper, lol :laugh:

Just move this to the drama forum now. Or better yet delete it.

well if he has legitimately heard those djs and still thinks that, i respect his opinion. but i definitely do not agree with it. i can't pick a number 1 dj - depends on my mood.

Originally posted by hotcheme

well if he has legitimately heard those djs and still thinks that, i respect his opinion. but i definitely do not agree with it. i can't pick a number 1 dj - depends on my mood.

I got that dumb feeling that he has never heard all those DJ's. I can't pick a favorite DJ either, Rivera, Stephan, Picotto, definetely in my top 5 favorites though.

lol haha . actually i neva heard those dj live. but i think they are all off they hook . they been on my list for a while to go see. so is howells. i aint start this post to start drama. i just wanted to see what people have to say. and i think starting it in a drama way is the best way to start it off. all my friends think carl cox sux but i have yet to see him. but out of all the dj's i seen live jp is my favorite. I've only seen the like of JV, junior, draper, dt, roger sanchez, rikky corbo, pvd, and a few other but i can't remember the names rite now. i need to increase my list though. gotta hear superchumbo and howeels

Originally posted by donnie

lol haha . actually i neva heard those dj live. but i think they are all off they hook . they been on my list for a while to go see. so is howells. i aint start this post to start drama. i just wanted to see what people have to say. and i think starting it in a drama way is the best way to start it off. all my friends think carl cox sux but i have yet to see him. but out of all the dj's i seen live jp is my favorite. I've only seen the like of JV, junior, draper, dt, roger sanchez, rikky corbo, pvd, and a few other but i can't remember the names rite now. i need to increase my list though. gotta hear superchumbo and howeels

You've only seen NY DJs, besides PVD who sucks. Carl Cox sucks, hahaha thats the funniest thing I ever heard. Howells is in NYC once a month, why dont you go see him. Also Tom Stephan (Superchumbo) is spinning tonight at Centro, he's not in NY very often, Id go check it out. He was crazy last weekend in Miami.

Junior Vasquez, still.

Despite his age, he continues to create the nastiest beats, the most beautiful vocal remixes, and some very innovative and experimental music overall.

Junior is an marathon-set veteran, and he continues to get open afterhours unlike any other dj in Manhattan. His party, despite its changing crowd, still remains true to the afterhours of New York City. When on point and in the right mood, Junior is unmatched.

Jonathan Peters is also another very talented afterhours dj who creates nasty beats of his own, but I don't like his mixing / remixing as much as I do Junior's. Despite my opinion, however, Peters does create a vibe in Sound Factory on Sunday morning that has been, and will continue to be one of the sickest in Manhattan. Some of the beats that Peters does create are absolutely untouchable.

But Junior holds the crown in New York City, in my opinion.

Some other favorites of mine are:

Rob James, Anthony Martinez, Robbie Rivera (although a Floridian Dj), Boris, Cleveland, Jason Ojeda, Guido, and Dj Escape.

"Junior Vasquez, still.

Despite his age, he continues to create the nastiest beats, the most beautiful vocal remixes, and some very innovative and experimental music overall.

Junior is an marathon-set veteran, and he continues to get open afterhours unlike any other dj in Manhattan. His party, despite its changing crowd, still remains true to the afterhours of New York City. When on point and in the right mood, Junior is unmatched.

Jonathan Peters is also another very talented afterhours dj who creates nasty beats of his own, but I don't like his mixing / remixing as much as I do Junior's. Despite my opinion, however, Peters does create a vibe in Sound Factory on Sunday morning that has been, and will continue to be one of the sickest in Manhattan. Some of the beats that Peters does create are absolutely untouchable.

But Junior holds the crown in New York City, in my opinion.

Some other favorites of mine are:

Rob James, Anthony Martinez, Robbie Rivera (although a Floridian Dj), Boris, Cleveland, Jason Ojeda, Guido, and Dj Escape."

See...now when someone posts something like that they get massive respect from me. I also agree Junior is awesome, but i must say i do not like him at Exit. IMHO, its too big for him. Something smaller would do his crowd lovely, and the times i have been there like people have said, didnt get good til around 8-9am. JP doesn def. create some untouchable beats as RudeBoy has said, Rivera was SIIIICCKKK out in the hamptons. He surprised me even though i knew what to expect. I also cannot wait til Picotto at ARC. I dont care if i am not able to move in that place, i will stand there in awe.

Originally posted by clubbhoppintg

[bRobbie Rivera (although a Floridian Dj)

Is he, since when, let me know because he barely spins here, besides WMC, he spun in May, and is spinning in a month in South Beach. He has Dj'ed in NY more this summer.

wait, is this a thread of opinions about only New York DJ's? I thought it was until someone started mentioning guys like Tiesto, Digweed and PvD. hey, everyone is entitled to their opinions, but I don't think a guy like Vicious or Peters are even close to being on the same level as guy like tiesto or PvD. It's really an apples and oranges argument to tell you the truth. But I have to agree with what someone else said. although Tiesto and PvD may be on another level from JP or JV, even they're not in the same league as Picotto and Cox. Those guys are just on their own level.

P.S. wasn't there talk about Cox coming to Arc sometime this fall? what happened to that whole thing...just rumors?

Originally posted by zeeker

P.S. wasn't there talk about Cox coming to Arc sometime this fall? what happened to that whole thing...just rumors?

idk, i hope so... cox was so good at area2. but the news that hawtin / vath are coming to arc still has me on the floor...