Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Fuck the yankes, mets and baseball!

Guest saleen351

Guest saleen351

Fuck these guys... they are gonna strike on august 30.... they avg player makes 2.4 million dollars a year....

bring on football...

fuck baseball....

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by pipdaddy

ADD 3 ZEROS AND THATS WHAT THE OWNERS ARE making off these guys....this time its about the owners being greedy..but i agree. if they strike i will never go to another game...EVER...i will still do fantasy baseball though

why should the onwers not make that much money? they own huge corporations and their employees make millions... Do you think everyone at micro soft makes millions? and since they don't is it wrong?

Fuck baseball, I really haven't gotten back into it since last time they striked anyway, fuck them, if they strike they deserve not to have anyone show up at the games, maybe they will all get back to basics and remember the game before it was a business.

I agree. ill still probably follow it and occasionally go to a game maybe but a strike is screwed up.

I think they all make too much money. there are teams almost bankrupt. I remember before the large salaries in the early 80's when it was the royals who were one of the best teams in baseball. now they probably cant beat some minor league teams

the sad part is i took my 16 yr old brother to a mets game like 2 yrs ago and it cost me like 200 bucks for the ticks parking and food way too much to just enjoy an afternoon with my lil bro

although if my bro goes pro in 2 yrs let em make all they want i wont worry anymore

I agree, baseball players are way over paid. Now they are going on strike, well I say fuck them too. I'm sick of them crying over $. Go out and get a non-sporting day job and get a taste of the real world. Baseball owners have ever right to make $. It doesnt matter how much $ they make off the players, they are getting paid just fine. We the fans suffer, over priced tickets,food,beer, etc. Go out and play and stop crying!!!

Originally posted by vitotheguido

I agree, baseball players are way over paid. Now they are going on strike, well I say fuck them too. I'm sick of them crying over $. Go out and get a non-sporting day job and get a taste of the real world. Baseball owners have ever right to make $. It doesnt matter how much $ they make off the players, they are getting paid just fine. We the fans suffer, over priced tickets,food,beer, etc. Go out and play and stop crying!!!

i agree its funny to see them look for sympathy when they tell us working stiffs how its hard to live on 8 million a year.

if i was making that Id walk up to tempts week in and week out and tell them no one pays a cover tongiht its on me. asnd have plenty left for the rest of my life

Saleen for once I am in total agreement with you. The minimum salary in the majors is $200,000 a year. That is over 100% more than a firefighter with 10 yrs on the job makes and they risk their asses to save people. It is fucking sad hearing a fucking pecker like A-Rod who makes over $130,000 PER GAME, say that the owners are screwing the players out of money. I would love to see some of these players get a REAL job, with REAL salaries. I for one will never attend another baseball game (I haven't since the first strike). I know I'm one person and Steinbrenner could careless If one or a hundred people stopped forking over their hard earned cash, but I refuse to give these geady bastards my money.

Originally posted by pipdaddy

ADD 3 ZEROS AND THATS WHAT THE OWNERS ARE making off these guys....this time its about the owners being greedy..but i agree. if they strike i will never go to another game...EVER...i will still do fantasy baseball though

WORD.... and I might add, every one who broadcats them makes and merchandise of them makes.............. :D

I totally agree that the owners are making a killing off of the players, but I don't feel sorry for the players at all. Football, basketball, and hockey (I'm not sure about hockey) all have salary caps and that is why there is more of a level playing field. Yes you have your usual power-house teams in every sport, but the opportunity for other teams to aguire top players is there. In baseball only the large market teams can get the big name players. You have a team like the Texas Rangers who will never win a championship because they can only get a samll handfull of top notch players because they forked over all their money for two or three players. Mean while you have a team like the Yankees or the Braves who have bottomless pockets and can basically buy and All-Star team and win championships year after year. The players don't want a salary cap, they don't want a luxury tax. It's going to get to the point where most team will not be able to afford to pay for any good players. I'm sorry but when a rookie who sits the pine can make $200,000 a year I feel no sympathy for them.

I think all the talk of owners being greedy is overrated. Baseball, like other businesses work with in constraints, mainly dollars. A corporation must bring in more money than it is paying out to be successful. A salary cap aides the owners in knowing the max. salary expenses in any given year. All the ballplayers making big money are only hurting the hundreds of others in the system that are trying to make it when they strike. The players didn't put the $300,000,000 up to buy the team, or put money into advertising, marketing, etc. essentially risking the initial capital. There needs to be a point where enough is enough.

Point well said by Saleen, other companies are making boat loads of money off their employees, and minimum salaries aren't even close.