Clubplanet Nightlife Community

James Holden - Nothing

Codica3

Originally posted by wakeup

bro be nice.....only a few months ago she was giving much love to plasmic honey, shes progressing musically. james holden and danny howells is a big jump from plasmic honey.

Much love to Plasmic Honey STILL.. can't forget the ones who started it all off when I first got into the scene.

Originally posted by wakeup

bro be nice.....only a few months ago she was giving much love to plasmic honey, shes progressing musically. james holden and danny howells is a big jump from plasmic honey.

see though, I have a problem with this whole "musically progressing" theory. So what would u call it if i went from holden remixes to PH ones, musically REgressing, as in moving backwards.

House muzik is house muzik. No matter how plain or simple, how complex or complicated. What u may consider cheese may be genius to someone else. And your musical knowledge does not afford u the opportunity to tell people how far along their musical progression is.

This isnt a direct shot at u Wakeup, b/c I see this everywhere and it really makes me sick. People :rolleyes: when I say I still like scot project and hard trance stuff. If i like to hear Vicious rip apart hard trance anthems at roxy and then I like to roll to vinyl to hear the man DT rock the vibe in there, where does that place me on this spectrum?

All im sayin is music is music. Last i checked you don't get a "musical knowledge" card in the mail after you've listened, spun or been involved in the culture for so long that it enables you to mark or guide other peoples tastes.

When Im in the mood for the hard beats, thats what i wanna hear. Or some nice trance to mellow out. Or some hard tribal, or some groovy house, or some vocals to sing my lungs out. Thats why I love dance muzik as opposed to Crip Hop. The diversity is endless.

Cody--I saw u giving someone the "one day u'll grow up in music taste speecH" at centro thurs and I was kinda taken back. You were once the girl i knew that called people who gave this speech "Muzik Snobs" were u not? U know I got love for u girl, but i dont see how u 'grow up' musically. When I first started spinnn, I spun Freestyle dance guido music. I didn't grow up from it, I just progressed as the times have, but i still like to play it from time to time. I don't look at freestyle music and look down on it as something I did when i was younger. When i started spinning house music, jams like In De Ghetto, Nu Nu, Gypsy Women and I could go on and on were the SHITTTTT. I didnt grow up from them either. So im not buying this whole 'musical growing up progression spectrum" idea, but unfortunately u people who bring it up on CP are only a few of the MANY who adapt to this theory.

I'd like to hear why u guys think that why. No Drama. Just a debate about MUZIK (which im pretty sure this forum is geared to)

Peace

Mike Bugout

Originally posted by djmikebugout

Cody--I saw u giving someone the "one day u'll grow up in music taste speecH" at centro thurs and I was kinda taken back. You were once the girl i knew that called people who gave this speech "Muzik Snobs" were u not? U know I got love for u girl, but i dont see how u 'grow up' musically.

LMAO.. are you talking about when I was talking to Robin all in my drunken state?? LOL.. yeah I probally said something like that to him. You're actually the one who called them music snobs my dear, and I remember specifically, you told me when I started to change my taste in music: "Cody I swear if you ever turn into one of those music snobs I'm gonna kill you".. then you laughed and I laughed cause I thought the term music snobs was funny.. and I call people music snobs now sometimes still but it's when they won't share their music with me!! :mad3:;) Blahh.. in any case, I don't think it's safe to say that there is a direct progression of music, however, you cannot deny the undenyable fact that many people do start off liking one type of music and then moving to another, and it usually starts off with hard beats and "cheese". Then moves on to other things. Not saying that it's better to like cheese then "grow up" and like something else. There is no right or wrong with music. In my drunken state, not blaming it 100% on the alcohol though, I went off into the usual cliche of growing up musically speech. Sometimes people just say it though cause it's a common idea, not necessarily right, but still a common idea that runs thru the music world. Perhaps we all do not have our heads on as straight as you do Mikey, and sometimes we have a tendency to fall into the false misconception. However, that doesn't necessarily mean it's wrong either.. it's but an opinion, and you will always have those that think it's true, and you will always have those that think it's not.

Ohh.. and one last point, you said I used to not like the people who used to give ME the speeches, well, you're right, and I always told them that too.. but you know what, as much as I didn't like to hear it, they were right. So go figure. I can't argue with them anymore like I used to cause they were right in my case. That doesn't make them right with everyone but with me, they were.

However, please take to notice, that I will never deny that fact. And I was quick to reply that I still do have much love for PH for the reason stated above. And a Scot Project song will still get me pumped. Maybe I didn't grow up musically, but I grew up enough to realize that a lot of the reasons I liked the music I did before were for the wrong reasons. That doesn't make me right or wrong or better or worse than anyone. It's just me.

Ughh.. I just wrote that in a time span of 37 minutes.. so I dunno if it even flows correctly.. sorry my mind is pre-occupied.. if it doesn't make sense, lemme know.. I was just spewing out whatever came to mind with no organization.

I'll try to elaborate more if necessary.. but not this second. :D

Originally posted by djmikebugout

see though, I have a problem with this whole "musically progressing" theory. So what would u call it if i went from holden remixes to PH ones, musically REgressing, as in moving backwards.

House muzik is house muzik. No matter how plain or simple, how complex or complicated. What u may consider cheese may be genius to someone else. And your musical knowledge does not afford u the opportunity to tell people how far along their musical progression is.

This isnt a direct shot at u Wakeup, b/c I see this everywhere and it really makes me sick. People :rolleyes: when I say I still like scot project and hard trance stuff. If i like to hear Vicious rip apart hard trance anthems at roxy and then I like to roll to vinyl to hear the man DT rock the vibe in there, where does that place me on this spectrum?

All im sayin is music is music. Last i checked you don't get a "musical knowledge" card in the mail after you've listened, spun or been involved in the culture for so long that it enables you to mark or guide other peoples tastes.

When Im in the mood for the hard beats, thats what i wanna hear. Or some nice trance to mellow out. Or some hard tribal, or some groovy house, or some vocals to sing my lungs out. Thats why I love dance muzik as opposed to Crip Hop. The diversity is endless.

Cody--I saw u giving someone the "one day u'll grow up in music taste speecH" at centro thurs and I was kinda taken back. You were once the girl i knew that called people who gave this speech "Muzik Snobs" were u not? U know I got love for u girl, but i dont see how u 'grow up' musically. When I first started spinnn, I spun Freestyle dance guido music. I didn't grow up from it, I just progressed as the times have, but i still like to play it from time to time. I don't look at freestyle music and look down on it as something I did when i was younger. When i started spinning house music, jams like In De Ghetto, Nu Nu, Gypsy Women and I could go on and on were the SHITTTTT. I didnt grow up from them either. So im not buying this whole 'musical growing up progression spectrum" idea, but unfortunately u people who bring it up on CP are only a few of the MANY who adapt to this theory.

I'd like to hear why u guys think that why. No Drama. Just a debate about MUZIK (which im pretty sure this forum is geared to)

Peace

Mike Bugout

well i was just joking around but to make it in easier terms without getting into bs and long drawn out post id say many people assciate certain dj,remixers,artists as ones who do cheese and others who do quality stuff. when in the end its all some form of electronica.