Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Please everyone, wear your f'n seatbeat!!

Please everyone, wear your seatbeat today, tomorrow, yesterday and everyday! Not only is it the law, it can and will someday save your life or the life of someone you love or in the least it will save them from a horrid life changing experience.

And when your friends get in your car, ask them to put their belts on too! Don't just put it on when you're on the highways (turnpike and parkway), put it on all the time!

Originally posted by notallthere

Tell that to my friend that died in a car accident because he had his seatbelt on. DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE

Sorry to hear that, a friend of mine in high school SURVIVED a wreck where his mint '69 Pontiac Firebird convertible was split in two pieces because he was NOT wearing his belt. However I'll take my chances with the belts on. Had my friend's girl been wearing it this weekend, she wouldn't be in the circumstances she will be in for several years to come... they will not be able to begin plastic surgeory to her face for at least one year.

Originally posted by njdionysus

Sorry to hear that, a friend of mine in high school SURVIVED a wreck where his mint '69 Pontiac Firebird convertible was split in two pieces because he was NOT wearing his belt. However I'll take my chances with the belts on. Had my friend's girl been wearing it this weekend, she wouldn't be in the circumstances she will be in for several years to come... they will not be able to begin plastic surgeory to her face for at least one year.

I was lying anyway i thought you where messing around. Sorry to here about your friend. I am in the habbit of wearing mine becuase i dont want to give the cops a reason. I am sure it is the smarter choice though

Until this May, I never wore my seatbelt. I always dismissed the "warnings" about seatbelts saving lives, I guess I was just plain ignorant. Well, this Memorial Day Weekend, I was leaving work to drive down the shore (unbuckled) when I got a voice mail from my mother telling me to wear my seatbelt because state troopers were going to be on the lookout this weekend and giving tickets to those not wearing their seatbelts. So I thought "What the hell" and put it on. About an hour later I was hit from behind at around 65 mph on the parkway forcing my car into the car in front of me. My car was totalled and I had minor back and neck pain from being whipped foward and than back, but I hate to think what would have happened if I had not had my seatbelt on. Ever since then I always wear my seatbelt, even if I am just driving down the street.

Just wanted to share my moment of clarity......:D

Originally posted by doubleplay1970

i dont usually wear one but seeing the circumstances ill be buckling up. rather look stupid then not be here

so driving without a seatbelt was the new fashion statement that i missed?

I never have driven without one, and never will drive without it. Definitely would be dead if I didn't have mine on in July of 1998 when I was nailed head on at 65 miles per hour +. Car was a pancake, and walked out with the worst grade of a concussion you can have.

my boys g/f got paralysed from waste down cuz she was wearing a seatbealt...they had a crash and being in a convertable he got thrown out of it on the ground with minor injuries, but his girl after the car did e few flips and hit the ground head first, and the engine gone all the way back to the back seat almost cutting her legs off....ohh what the fuck they are cut...she cannot use them...my point is accidents happend in different ways....and if it was meant to die- u will no matter what...i have heard stories that people got sliced by the seat belt...and on top of it IT WRINKLES MY FREAKING SHIRTS!