Clubplanet Nightlife Community

why does everyone dislike on JOHNNY VICIOUS?????

Originally posted by djteflonjohn

Johnny always does his job and rocks the hard shit and he plays what he likes not what everyone in europe thinks is good music. A true pioneer of the ny sound, nobody gives him enough credit.

the problem stems from his first 3 months at Roxy fridays....his set stayed exactly the same from week to week

Originally posted by phuturephunk

. . I'm glad to see you're being a good citizen by being grammatically conscious . . I need your home address so I can mail you this cookie . . . :aright: . .

I WOULD LIKE TO SIGN UP AS A RECIPIENT OF THIS FINE AND DELIGHTFUL COOKIE SIIIIIIIR!!!

kookie......kooooooooookie......

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

the problem stems from his first 3 months at Roxy fridays....his set stayed exactly the same from week to week

I def. agree, but you gotta understand that there isnt that much good hard trance being produced but there still is no excuse for rocking the same shit week after week.

Johnny Vicious is a great deejay, one of the best ive ever heard. The reason he hasnt been getting to much respect is because when we saw him week after week as Bigpopanopopupils said he kept playing the same of similar set. We "disliked" on him because we saw his potential on 2 night in particular, his birthday and the tunnel classics night in which he tore up the club... so we just expected the best from him but its not easy to bring the heat night after night. (did that make sense?)

Originally posted by djteflonjohn

you can take that cookie shine it up real nice, turn it sideways and stick it straight up your candy ass

. . . you know, with all this ass talk, I'd think you'd wanna come right out the closet and tell vicious that you'd like nothing more than to have him violate you while listening to the Draper remix of 'Safe from Harm' . . . . :aright: . . .

. . . you know, with all this ass talk, I'd think you'd wanna come right out the closet and tell vicious that you'd like nothing more than to have him violate you while listening to the Draper remix of 'Safe from Harm' . . . . :aright: . . .

thats just wrong man... wtf take back that draper comment... no one deserves that kinda punishment!

hahaha!

phunk you should send that crapper invader dude u work with a cookie ;)

as for JV - well, as said he played the same shit every fucking week...plus i coulda just stayed home and listened to it on KTU so why bother.

in the past he's been great and could be again if he didn't have to cater so much to the management crowd at roxy...just my opinion. i like a little variety in my music. i missed the tunnel oldies night but heard it was great. i go to clubs mostly for the music and like to hear a great set, not just be banged into oblivion by the current top 10.

oh, and there is TONS of hard trance out there to choose from....you think other dj's are hording the good records and he just can't get them?

since Im out of the closet now you can come over and Ill put on "URANUS" and u can show everyone what u can do with that 40oz bottle

Originally posted by trancerxn112

I disagree thats quite funny! lol (king instigator)

. . . nah, that's IBClubbin grade non-funnyness all the way . . It has no 'flow' to it at all . . . I, in fact, can't even understand what dingleberry there is saying . . . I mean, I would attempt to make a "this is how you zing someone" post . . but I gotta figure out what he's saying before I can . . .

I think there's a difference between DJing once a month at a place and djing there every week. Ofcourse, your gonna have to play alot of the same stuff, if you DJ for 6 hours. Keep in mind, Vicious is playing alot of new stuff. I agree with people, i think he should play stuff he played at Roxy in the 90s and the Tunnel. But when it comes to Trance and house, Vicious is as good as anyone.

The 4 best nights of house and trance music for me was,

Chris Bjork January 1997 Webster Hall. He played unbelievable house music the whole night

Rob Corbett July 96, Club Expo. Corbett was amazing that night

Scot Project, thats right, that night at Exit in March. He played some sick trance music.

Johnny Vicious, when he played the classics in April

Actually Vicious last time he was at Roxy in July, was awesome.

Jonathan Peters June 1998. He played so many great house tracks this night.

. . . nah, that's IBClubbin grade non-funnyness all the way . . It has no 'flow' to it at all . . . I, in fact, can't even understand what dingleberry there is saying . . . I mean, I would attempt to make a "this is how you zing someone" post . . but I gotta figure out what he's saying before I can . . .

Let da schmoes know bout dat flow yo.....

Originally posted by BobG

this is why known dj's, producers and remixers don't post on this board..because of questions like this which are so stupid

It's not a stupid question for people who have liked him from his tunnel days. Every set at tunnel was awesome and different. But when you have to cater to a cheese crowd and play the ktu crap that the cheese crowd wants to hear.

Well you get the point.....

Originally posted by danwilson

I think there's a difference between DJing once a month at a place and djing there every week. Ofcourse, your gonna have to play alot of the same stuff, if you DJ for 6 hours. Keep in mind, Vicious is playing alot of new stuff. I agree with people, i think he should play stuff he played at Roxy in the 90s and the Tunnel. But when it comes to Trance and house, Vicious is as good as anyone.

The 4 best nights of house and trance music for me was,

Chris Bjork January 1997 Webster Hall. He played unbelievable house music the whole night

Rob Corbett July 96, Club Expo. Corbett was amazing that night

Scot Project, thats right, that night at Exit in March. He played some sick trance music.

Johnny Vicious, when he played the classics in April

Actually Vicious last time he was at Roxy in July, was awesome.

Jonathan Peters June 1998. He played so many great house tracks this night.

its tough even to respond to this type of garbage.

just admit that you like cheese house / KTU style music and be done with it. JV at Roxy will give that too you. JP will give you all the vocals you want. You also love all the places with go go dancers and tanned up breast implants.

now that's all fine. i like girls too. happen to love SF when i hit it up.

but i would never in a million years claim that JV is one of the best trance dj's around. just cause you have a great time listening to him doesn't mean that he's the best in terms of technique, track selection, production, creating his own tracks, creating an atmosphere or a journer for the audience from start to finish, etc.

i'm just gonna stop there. learn a little. its cool to say i had the best night here or there, but try not to sound like a tool when you talk about the music / dj's, ok?