Clubplanet Nightlife Community

why does everyone dislike on JOHNNY VICIOUS?????

I AGREE WITH ALOT OF YOU IAM A BIG VICIOUS FAN BACK IN THE DAY HE WAS INCREDABLE AND I EXPECTED MORE FROM HIM AT ROXY BUT HE WAS NOT AS GOOD AS WE EXPECTED BUT SO FAR ON ROXY'S REOPENING AND LAST TIME HE WAS THERE HE WAS GREAT

MAYBE A MONTHLY THING FOR HIM IS WHAT HE NEEDS

I HOPE FRIDAY HE PULLS OUT SOME GREAT RECORDS CLASSICS TOO

I've only heard Vicious spin 3 times, all at Roxy. Had a great time every night i saw him.

Hey, if he's your favorite DJ, great. I think you need to get out more, but it's your opinion. I personally think that he's great for the place he's spinning. For the crowd that Roxy brings in every week, he's perfect. All three time i heard him there, he owned the crowd. Again, I never heard him when he was at the Tunnel so I can't really compare his style now to what it was back then. But like i said, if you're just out to have a great time, hear some familiar beats, pick up some hotties, maybe throw some back, JV @ Sexy @ The Roxy is a great place to do it. I've never had a bad night at that place.

But, if you're going because you want to hear a top DJ throw down am amazing and original set, I think you're gonna be dissapointed.

just came home and saw the original post was changed from hate to dislike..the word hate suggests the following :

to detest, abhor or loathe...the word everyone is everyone..there's no room in everyone for anybody..so everyone who now listens to vicious fits into that category..Some fact about the roxy which might influence jv's playing..1. 55% of the population is female. Most of the women who come there couldn't tell you who george acosta, ferry, armin, sandra, christopher lawerence, nick warren, scott bond and so forth and so forth are, but they can sing all the lyrics to any of ambers, chers, jessica folkers, dee roberts, tina ann, kim sozzi's songs and more (which by the way are either produced or remixed by many of your favorite dj's).A lot of females and even some guys cannot take hard trance for hours and hours at a time..after awhile they would leave and thats bad business. JV understands what this party is for the most part about..he has to try and please as many people as he can..If the roxy started at 4am, believe me, JV would be on fire..non-stop, relentless..you're posts about his performance would be rediculous.The roxy does have a somewhat commercial slant even though rizzo plays tribal and progressive with a little harder set as the night gets later but the music keeps the women coming back and back and thats good business.. Back to JV..the man has talent..is respected and one of the nicest people you'll ever meet..His days at the tunnel were different..I know, I started that party..Take in consideration times are different, clubs are different, the drug scene was a factor..The roxy is trying to get away from the drug scene and be more of a social and bar scene..as someone put it "a cleaner alternative"..and thats also good business especially for todays times

danwilson: your quoting of stasis does absolutely nothing for your point. so, he's another guy who likes (to paraphrase your favorite party's organizer) "familiar commercial tracks". More to the point, the fact that he plays these tracks doesn't make him an awesome dj.

Bob - very mature response. I think a lot of us understand what your saying and what you're doing. that's why i for one am not on here bashing your party or JV. Again, its great to hear people talk about the great time they had, but a little offensive to claim that artistically the sets you guys are getting are on par with a Carl Cox, PVD, etc. for their artistry. Its obvious that its a mainstream commerial party geared mostly to getting youngish girls in the mood to stay out all night. that's cool. JV knows what he's doing. However, not being a youngish girl i tend not to sing so much, and i take the music for what it is. JV does have skills, and is a great guy. Just wish he was able to highlight them more and spin some more interesting stuff. Hopefully there will be another classics night or he'll get some nights at other spots in the city where the party allows him to be a little more creative.

As for the drug scene stuff: to each their own. Personally i go out all the time without getting messed up. I suppose lots of people find alcohol necessary to mingle. Perhaps as some of them get more comfortable with themselves they'll gain the confidence to walk up to a girl without being trashed. (just a perspective on the fact that drunk folks are often LESS nice then sober or even high / rolling people). At the same time, i totally respect your desire for a clean party - sometimes its just odd which things are considered clean and legal, and which aren't.