Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I Hate The Nyc Club Scene

NYC will get the scene back when people stop behaving like they're God's gift to nightlife, and realize that they really DO have a shitty stagnant scene. When they realize that other cities like DC can blow away their club scene with just ONE venue (Buzz), then perhaps New Yorkers will do something about it to change and make things better.

until then the city is going to stay crippled from Giuliani's crackdown, and not much will change. there is no FEELING in the city. There are all the right elements but no soul.

Originally posted by cintron

NYC will get the scene back when people stop behaving like they're God's gift to nightlife, and realize that they really DO have a shitty stagnant scene. When they realize that other cities like DC can blow away their club scene with just ONE venue (Buzz), then perhaps New Yorkers will do something about it to change and make things better.

until then the city is going to stay crippled from Giuliani's crackdown, and not much will change. there is no FEELING in the city. There are all the right elements but no soul.

. . . I agree with your characterization of New York, it's right on . . I don't however believe it's ever gonna change . . it's just too expensive to do so . . .

as bad as the ny scene is right now it is still a million times better then the jersey scene. you just need to know where to go. i have been goign out alot more often lately and the places im goign to are pretty damn good.

Originally posted by j303j

as bad as the ny scene is right now it is still a million times better then the jersey scene. you just need to know where to go. i have been goign out alot more often lately and the places im goign to are pretty damn good.

I don't know metro thurs and merge sat is really rocking hard. Very nice crowd people all friendly lots of energy and dancing packed crowds and cool shows. But nj closes when allot way to early. no twilo or tunnel but they are definitely creating a very nice vibe.

metro thurs might be good but it still think there are alot more places in the city better then it. the city is lacking a good big club but im loving the smaller places latley. centro thursdays rock and it's about to get alot better.

so negative...

there are a couple decent clubs in ny (though none of the ones mentioned) and NY has a pretty good small venue / lounge scene.

things may get better when crobar opens and other places reopen.

part of the problem is that there are Sooooo many people here that every time a truly top dj comes here its a total mob scene. i don't think dj's like that.

DC and Boston are so much smaller that the venues can pretty much deal with the crowds and its a friendly environment.

I think the NYC club scene sucks right now because it's not new and fresh anymore. This whole style of music isn't really fresh anymore. Think back to what genre of music you liked before you got into dance/electronic music. I liked alternative and it became not so alternative anymore. People aren't into dressing up in platforms and getting all decked out like they used to because that look got tired too.

I could go on and on.

There are decent small venues in NYC. I've been to Vinyl the last couple weeks and heard some great beats. Of course atmosphere and clientelle play a part in the club experience, but I'll keep going back to anywhere that plays great music, regardless.

Originally posted by gino938

There are decent small venues in NYC. I've been to Vinyl the last couple weeks and heard some great beats. Of course atmosphere and clientelle play a part in the club experience, but I'll keep going back to anywhere that plays great music, regardless.

is limelight gone?

You wanna know why it sucks, I'll tell you why it sucks. Real simple, cause I haven't been going out there. If I was there there'd be a whole new energy. A rejuvination if you will. Yes indeed, the secret to making NY great again..............get me to go there.