Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Friday Nights @ LOLA...thumbs up.

calix

Where Groovejet left off, LOLA is picking up.

I had the pleasure of checking it out this past Friday and can safely say that this WILL become mine and Barbie's new 'regular' hangout.

The night was well put together. To start off, the venue is very laid back (for those of you who haven't been there), the pool tables give the place a bar-room feel. So next Friday I'll be hustling for sex..um ..no, I mean money. Aside from the overpowering bar situated right smack in the middle (felt at first as if we were at Bennigan's or Hooters) I felt a bit akward but then as the night progressed more people turned away from the bar towards the dance floor. Sound system gets a serious thumbs up as I had a hard time carrying on a conversation, though the closer you get to the pool tables on the other end the more you can 'chat' with that 'special someone'. heh heh.

The residents, Fransisco and Chris are definately 'with it'. Pumping out some very serious tracks, although it did seem like it was too big a sound for such a small place. A sound that Crobar is perfect for. But that aside, their mixes were still very tight. I can tell they have a bright future ahead of them. Keep up the good work boys!

As for the crowd....WOWZERS!!!! I seemed that there were 5 hot girls for every guy in there, something not seen in Miami that often. (but I am married so you didn't hear that from me.) Seriously though, where the hell did those girls come out from? As a matter of fact, I was leaving at 3 am and a taxiload of girls (at least 6 of them) looking like a fashoin spread from Vogue were just getting there. Alot of new fresh faces that are supporting the scene is a good thing in my opinion.

I got a feeling that the raw energy was there and I could tell that that place with the right crowd is destined to take off. I mean, where in this town can you go and spend $5 measly bucks at the door and party your ass off? Ok, maybe ChuckyCheese, but this definately kicks CHucky's ass all over the place.

The vibe is solid and I did see a few of the diehards getting down. Rumour has it that all the top notch DJ's are dying to spin in that place. hint, hint.

So if you're looking for that place that feels like home this is it. I know I'll be kickin' off my shoes in that place from now on.

Lookin' forward to seeing you all next week.

Cheers!

As for the crowd....WOWZERS!!!! I seemed that there were 5 hot girls for every guy in there, something not seen in Miami that often. (but I am married so you didn't hear that from me.) Seriously though, where the hell did those girls come out from? As a matter of fact, I was leaving at 3 am and a taxiload of girls (at least 6 of them) looking like a fashoin spread from Vogue were just getting there. Alot of new fresh faces that are supporting the scene is a good thing in my opinion.

dude, what the fuck!?!? you giving it away? now every sausage in miami will be there next friday. DOH! that's right, leave it to THE MARRIED GUY to spill the beans.

Originally posted by laliux

too many fireworks on the review but what kind of music are they playing? :confused:

funky, techy, proggy... a little of everything. With some feedback, I'm sure they'll narrow it down to something we can all agree is THE SHIT!!! :D

Originally posted by bbflux

funky, techy, proggy... a little of everything. With some feedback, I'm sure they'll narrow it down to something we can all agree is THE SHIT!!! :D

Cool Im gonna make sure to suggest some HARD CORE GERMAN TRANCE just for Barbie..... wow how exciting!!!! :laugh:

Originally posted by james954

dude, what the fuck!?!? you giving it away? now every sausage in miami will be there next friday. DOH! that's right, leave it to THE MARRIED GUY to spill the beans.

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking, now this weekend you'll have hordes of desperate bastards like me prowling the room. Nought to worry about from me, though, my pulling power leaves a lot to be desired.

Originally posted by pms

PMS wants to thank all of those who showed up last friday @ Lola.

Get ready cause this friday will go till 7.

Lola on fridays....what you were REALLY waiting for in Miami.

Alejandro, is that you? :) You'll be open until 7am????? :eek: