Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Are We Waisting Are Short Life At Clubs?

I am 22 most people live to be aprox 75. So I have already lived 1/3rd of my life. I go out to a clubs every weekend. Many people I know go out 2-4 nights a week and get trashed and drugged up.

Most of the guys and girls I know where all good looking model quality and older then me. Now they are 25 26 and look worse and worse from the constant partying. I remember when I was younger I used to do allot of different things that I do no more because clubs have taken the place of them. Don't get me wrong I like a good night out at the club and I doubt I could stop but I just feel like I may be cheating myself and wasting my life. Anyone else ever feel this way....

Nope your not. This is what people do, ya know back in the day they used to hang out at Ice Cream Shoppes, swing clubs, movie theatres, and dinner for a burger and a float... Clubs is just what people do, as long as you dont fucking pound drugs and alcohol every weekend then you should be fine...

Originally posted by notallthere

I am 22 most people live to be aprox 75. So I have already lived 1/3rd of my life. I go out to a clubs every weekend. Many people I know go out 2-4 nights a week and get trashed and drugged up.

Most of the guys and girls I know where all good looking model quality and older then me. Now they are 25 26 and look worse and worse from the constant partying. I remember when I was younger I used to do allot of different things that I do no more because clubs have taken the place of them. Don't get me wrong I like a good night out at the club and I doubt I could stop but I just feel like I may be cheating myself and wasting my life. Anyone else ever feel this way....

as much as i despise drug use, i have to say that if you are enjoying your life...enjoying what you are doing...doing what you want to do...how are you wasting your life?

Originally posted by notallthere

I dont think i am that strong though.... I mean i blew like 150 at roxy drinks for me and my friends.. There is a lotta other things i would like to buy with that. Every week i tell myself im not and every week i do..

thats your problem how you budget your money. I do the same sometimes but didnt you have a good time ?

i guess you can get addicted, kinda like gambling, except you are gambling on the chance that youll get laid/meet mr/mrs right? I try and bring a certain amount of money with me and use that much no matter what, and no matter how bad i think i want something that night, i never regret not getting it the next morning, but i have regretted getting too much...

I've learned the best skill in the world....MODERATION

You can still have your fun as long as you are smart about it. Its definately a trial and error process, but it helps when you just wanna enjoy yourself and have a blast.

Hey, you only live once so make the best of it. The idea behind life is to be alive, so don't play dead in order to play dead for a longer period of time.

Well thats just it. I have a g/f and i have some good friends. But when i go out i just have too much fun and people run out of money and im just like eh fuck it fun blah blah. Then i kill my fleet card. ... I never used to be like that when i was a dirty little party kid 5 years ago.,. shit i spent like 10 bux a night hahaha

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

as much as i despise drug use, i have to say that if you are enjoying your life...enjoying what you are doing...doing what you want to do...how are you wasting your life?

EEEEEXACTLY:aright: if you have fun its not a waste of time :grin:

i dont think were wasting our lives...most will eventually grow out of the club scene..although we'll have tons of memories to hold on to...

look @ it this way...if u werent clubbing on the weekend what else would u b doing?...shit...id b on McDougal St. , Shitfaced , with a bunch of strangers , eating Mamoun's Falafels @ 4am instead of being moderately inebriated in an environment im familiar with...

as for the cash flow..yeh clubs sure do drain ur bank account..but i find that i drink less in a club than i would in a bar because drinks r more expensive...i guess it kinda evens out...i duno...jus my thoughts

Originally posted by rdancer

Added note: Dancing @ a club is strenous work, you burn a lot of calories, so your not just dancing really hard, your also excercising. :)

very true - i have been using that as my excuse to cut back on my cardio at the gym lately.

i think that you are not wasting your life as long as clubbing makes you happy. when you start going just because it is what you always do but it doesn't make you happy maybe then you should think about doing something else.

Nobody can tell you if you're wasting your life; it's a decision you have to make for yourself. It sounds to me like you already think you are in some ways... maybe you feel there are more important/useful things you could be doing with your time?

There's nothing wrong with going clubbing and/or getting twisted in the process, but if you feel it's getting in the way of the rest of your life (for example, draining your bank account), then you have to take the initiative to find a balance.

Like djjonstephen said, moderation is an essential ability in life -- without it you'll constantly feel out of control and you won't be able to cherish your experiences...

There is more to a Friday or Saturday night then going to a club....but if thats what your into doing...HAVE FUN!! I personally can't go to a club all the time...but just b/c I don't doesn't mean I sit around with nothing to do Enjoy the nightlife while your still young....& don't bring a ton of money & then just piss it away on all your friends....LEAVE some of your money home....you might run out of cash fast (depending on how much of a lush you are :) ) but when your not broke ass the next day you'll feel muuuch better :cool:

Originally posted by sweetie029

There is more to a Friday or Saturday night then going to a club....but if thats what your into doing...HAVE FUN!! I personally can't go to a club all the time...but just b/c I don't doesn't mean I sit around with nothing to do Enjoy the nightlife while your still young....& don't bring a ton of money & then just piss it away on all your friends....LEAVE some of your money home....you might run out of cash fast (depending on how much of a lush you are :) ) but when your not broke ass the next day you'll feel muuuch better :cool:

Good points :)