Clubplanet Nightlife Community

>>OLD SkooL TWiLO & TUNNEL Tracks...

I didn't start going to Twilo until 2000.... but I was a regular at Tunnel and if you ask me, there is nothing that drove me through the floor more than the fucking darkness of Tunnel and Eddie Baez (the old EB) at 630 on Friday. It was evil.

Songs:

TAKE ME TO THE TOP-Plasmic Honey

We were in the Dark-" "

Let me take you on a trip!!!-""

Hani wanna ride-???

Ok, so I don't remember a lot of the names-for several reasons-but the atmosphere in that place has thus far been unrepicated.

Will there ever be a place as fucked up as that in NYU again?

Not in the near future, everything is too commercialized. I think a whole new scene needs to spring up for things to get to that level again. My .02

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wow now im feeling young...i was listening to most of these songs from various cds freshman year in HIGH SCHOOL! And i thought i was an early adopter of the electronic sound..you NYC heads have been at for years! ;) I like people that know about their dance history, Sandstorm wasnt the first techno song ;) I'm always ready to hear good music, new or old

Originally posted by glowgrlnyc

yup '97 on twisted...i have that record...hehehe

Fly Life too... ;)

Yep A week in a paradise called Portugal. :D

I must definitely say those were the days....

The music was awesome.

However a year later, I don't know what the hell happened, it drastically changed. The music turned to pure shit; nothing but horrible drum build ups, annoying synths, and drug references and where the hell did all these guidos come from.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Only dj playing the big rooms that kept spinning good quality dance music was DT. He did not succomb to Razor n Guido.

Look to your left,

Ralph:laugh:

:idea: :idea: :idea:

You guys remember 6 days and 7 nights by BBE

Also I use to love Brooklyn Beats By Scotti Deep

Convextion by Convextion....old Danny Twilo Anthem

Spastik- Plastikman aka Richie Hawtin (talk about Build ups, this song is one whole build up)

Check This out-Cevin Fisher

Get Up-Victor Calderone

Burning up- Angel Moraes

Clear---I'm not sure what he went by back then but if you take a look at the credits it's John Creamer

The better days, :nopity:

Leftest Ralph :eek:

Originally posted by cakewalk

Spastik- Plastikman aka Richie Hawtin (talk about Build ups, this song is one whole build up)

Get Up-Victor Calderone

got both of those on vinyl.... I still love Spastik...and Get up was one of my favorite tracks back in the day... :)

got both of those on vinyl.... I still love Spastik...and Get up was one of my favorite tracks back in the day... :)

Sounds Like someone certainly has an extensive record collection. :D

What's the deal these days.

I dunno if it;s just me but why is It so difficult to find good music.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Look over your left shoulder,

Ralphie ;)

Flood (Lift Me Up) - Jars of Clay

OH my God!!! How could I forget that AMAZiNGGGGG Track!!!! I still love it...i was never able to get it on vinyl cuz they only made like 1000 of them... :( i just have it on CD...

That was by far my FAVORITE track of those early years...especially @ ARENA....

contemporary "christian" dance? :confused: if its what i think it is, ive never heard this track played at a club/party.

Originally posted by magilicuti

any suggestions and where to find these tracks? most of these i haven't found on soulseek

This is why I am glad that I have kept all my records and CD's in good shape... And any that showed any sign of eventually being unplayable I burned them again...

Some Tracks I remember...

Computer Dreams...

Meet her at the Love Parade...

Perfect Love...

Spin Spin Sugar...

RELENTLESS....

Many more but I am not near my cd's right now and the brain is frozen...

Peace...

A FRIEND OF MINE... EVERYTIME SHE HEARD THIS TRACK WOULD FREAK... DAMN I GOT CHILLS AND OLD MEMORIES...

THE GOOD OLD DAYS...

they were some of the best times pvd sasha digweed timo carl cox amazin stuff i would walk into tunnel and limelight for free drink 4 free and other things but when my cousin shut down twilo i could have killed him but what they were doing was pretty fff up

Originally posted by elementx

I MUST SAY THIS IS ONE OF THE BETTER MORE RECENT POSTS... YOU CAN GO SO MANY PLACES WITH THIS POST... JUST ALL THE MEMORIES...

THANKS!!!

;) ;) ;)

CLASSICS PARTY ANYONE...

EThen again how come there hasn't been one in awhile or at least that i know of.

There's been plenty of garage and soulful classic parties but I haven't heard many of these songs on a good sound system in a very long time. :bounce:

I remember back in 99 Danny did the the mushroom sessions at Vinyland alot of these choons mentioned in this post was played.

Oh shit how could we forget these...

Energy 52-- Cafe Del mar

and

Alcatraz- Give me Luv :letsgo:

reminiscing from the left,

Ralph :D

:laugh: :laugh: I have those records too....hehehe

I MISS THE OLD STUFF...

Alot of the people who are knew to the scene have no clue what they missed... Nothing beats the old stuff....

Peace again...

P.S. I though I had alot of shit... Seems as though I have stiff compitition... Most of my shit is on CD though... But I do have some Vinyl...

Well I am leaving work... I will have to look at some of the shit that I have when I get home and see if I can post something that is not up here...

oh- this makes me sad- sometimes I wish things could last forever-

you guys already named all the good ones .....so

armand van buren- you dont even know me

how do you say Delovey!(frenchapella) - DEEEelite

jungle bros. - Ill house u

nuyorican soul- runaway(maw mix)

cotton club- hear the drummer

keoki- Speed racer

soulsearcher- i cant get enuf

i also remember a mix of Unchained melody i liked

um...

- loletta holloway- u got me burnin

basement jaxx- red alert

k-drained for now:)

yea- what happened? things just aint the same in the way of dance music- I hope the scene hasnt reached its peak