Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Coming from Toronto--Which clubs are good Sat and Sun?

Guest torontogirl

Guest torontogirl

Hello everyone,

I am coming down to NYC from Toronto this weekend with four of my girlfriends ranging in the age of 23-26. We like dance music, house and R&B. We are looking for a club that has a fun party with a good looking crowd with not too much attitude. Suggestions, guest list info would be great!! Thanks for all your help!!

:)

i would suggest roxy fri and arc saturday. but that is my taste and it looks like you might be into something a little more upscale. roxy has a nice looking crowd but will be expensive this friday cause it is scott bond and edgar v.

saturday this week is danny howells which is always a great party - but it is definitely late night.

i have never been to sound factory on saturday but that is afterhours so you wouldn't want to go there until very late.

if you want a little upscale the only thing i can think of is centro-fly. but i have never been there on a weekend so i can't tell you anything about it.

there are tons of 'nice' places in the city but don't know any of them cause i tend to stick with the no dress code crowd. (float, shine, spa...)

you'd probably like groovejet on friday - that is an older, trendy crowd.

you can pm me if you want more ideas. maybe someone who knows more about the types of places you are into will post....

Hey guys thanks for your responses.

I don't want to go somewhere too trendy. I mean I don't want to go to a place where everyone is dressed like supermodels. Just a normal place, with people who aren't dressed in sweats and t-shirts .

Also can ladies get away with wearing nice jeans to these upscale clubs? In toronto u can as long as u look good in them.

Plus I want to go to a friendly atmosphere, where people are dancing and having a good time not just holding up the bar.

Does this help. Oh we will only be in NYC Saturday night and Sunday night if that helps!!

:D

Originally posted by torontogirl

Hey guys thanks for your responses.

I don't want to go somewhere too trendy. I mean I don't want to go to a place where everyone is dressed like supermodels. Just a normal place, with people who aren't dressed in sweats and t-shirts .

Also can ladies get away with wearing nice jeans to these upscale clubs? In toronto u can as long as u look good in them.

Plus I want to go to a friendly atmosphere, where people are dancing and having a good time not just holding up the bar.

Does this help. Oh we will only be in NYC Saturday night and Sunday night if that helps!!

:D

Normal? You're going to have a tough time defining "normal" here. :laugh:

But try Centro-fly this saturday. Steve Porter is on the decks (bad-ass). I'm sure you'll have a good time.

If you take the link from the email,when you get to the screen that says you have no mail click on the box that says 'show messages from'.Move it down to 2 days and it should show the messages.

Oh and i can't help you with any clubs in NY but if you ever come to the uk,i might be able to help. :D

Here's what I recommend for Clubs on Saturday and Sunday. .

Saturday. Sound Factory is the most popular place for Saturday. Jonathan Peters is the DJ there. Number 2, I rate Webster Hall. Ricky Corbo is the DJ for Webster Hall. Both Webster Hall and Sound Factory are very large. I then recommend, Discoteque, Centro Fly, Vinyl and Spa.

Sunday. Cheetah is the most popular place.

Sound Factory is 618 West 46th Street b/w 11th and 12th Aves 212.489.0001

Webster Hall- 125 East 11th St. between 3rd and 4th Aves.)

Cheetah - 12 West, 21st St. between 5th and 6th ave 212.206.7770

Vinyl, which is also called ARC. Thats located, 6 Hubert St. That is located downtown in Manhantan. 212.343.1379

Float - 240, West 52nd St. 212.581.0055

Centro Fly

45 W. 21 St. (between 5th and 6th Ave.) 212-627-7770

Discotheque

17 West 19th Street, (between 5th and 6th Ave) 212.352.9999

Spa

76 East 13th Street, between Broadway and 4th Avenue )

check out orchard bar, plantbar, groovejet, fun, happy ending, sway, open, for cool dj/semi-tredy bars. as far as clubs go, centrofly or arc. i would venture to say that if you are from canada you will not like factory. the only problem w/arc is they do not serve alcohol, but it makes up for it in the vibe and energy of the place. much like soma/stereo in montreal. filter 14 (very small) , and baktun are also really good. stay away from culture club, polly esthers, exit and webster hall. send me a pm if you want me to show you and your friends around saturday night. we'll be all over the city and most likely end up @ arc late night. have fun!!