Clubplanet Nightlife Community

New to DC

michik

Hi! I'm just moved to the area a few days ago and am looking for suggestions on bars and clubs...I love dancing and need some good places to go!

also, can anyone recommend good under 21 places? I have two underage/almostlegal roomates who need to have fun too...

many thanks,

michik

Originally posted by michik

Hi! I'm just moved to the area a few days ago and am looking for suggestions on bars and clubs...I love dancing and need some good places to go!

also, can anyone recommend good under 21 places? I have two underage/almostlegal roomates who need to have fun too...

many thanks,

michik

Michik - Is that Russian? We've got a lot of those around here. Quite possibly more Russians on CP than rats in DC. :D

Heya! Welcome to the area, welcome to the board, and hi! Where are you from? Buzz is the big hotspot around here as far as big clubs go. Buzz is at Nations on Friday, and they get big-name djs that spin house, prog, trance, techno, drum and bass, breaks, 2-step... whatever. It's 18+, 21 to drink. There is also the Edge, which has the same type of music, is right near Nations, same ages, not as good of a soundsystem, and the djs are not as "big-name" as Buzz, but it's still a fun place to go. Besides that, I'll rely on the others to answer, because I'm from Baltimore, and am not Russian.

I like international, house, lounge, d&b, hip hop, garage.....I think that covers it. I'm looking for a few trendy places, and a few laidback places...also love live music....if it helps, I live near Adams Morgan, which I hear is full of great nightlife, although I don't know of any specific places...I've heard Paper Moon is good - is that in Georgetown? I'm looking to avoid very cheesy places..mildly cheesy I can tolerate...sorta!

garage, d&b, progressive, techno: buzz (fri) & the edge (sat)

house: red (thu-sun), club 5 (sat)

hip-hop: dunno

in adams morgan: lots of bars and lounges. shady spins at felix, nice bar, not alot of people dance there though. heaven, a bit on the cheesey side, but mad fun. there is another lounge in adams morgan where a freind also spins...tinybf, whats the name of the place?

18th st. lounge, for your more "upscale" type lounge.

heard good things about blue room in adams morgan.

modern in g'town thur & sun.

trance: glow on sat.

I like international, house, lounge, d&b, hip hop, garage.....I think that covers it. I'm looking for a few trendy places, and a few laidback places...also love live music....if it helps, I live near Adams Morgan, which I hear is full of great nightlife, although I don't know of any specific places...I've heard Paper Moon is good - is that in Georgetown? I'm looking to avoid very cheesy places..mildly cheesy I can tolerate...sorta!

Shameless self plug: Come to Felix in Adam's Morgan on Saturdays. I spin from 12-2:30 in the Spy Lounge. House, Prog, & Breaks. 21 & Older, though.

Modern in G-town is a great lounge for Th. or Sunday w/ Buster - who posts here. Blue room in Adams Morgan gets some good talent. Our resident Shady spins at Felix in AM - but I have yet to see him.

Red has great house and after hours (Dupont Circle). M3 throws a house party at 5 on Saturdays - but I don't like 5 that much.

For cheese, you must stop by Heaven in AM, Fridays or Saturday nights.

Buzz is your best bet for top talent and 18 and over.

HTH!

Malanee

I like Blue Room (upstairs) in Adams Morgan. I hear Felix on Saturdays is good too since our own Shadygroove started spinning there.

If you like a trendy lounge, check out Chi Cha, 18th Street Lounge and Dragonfly. Also check out Red. I hear Ozio is nice with the international crowd too. Since you don't like cheese, I'd avoid Georgetown, except for Modern on Sundays and Thursdays. I don't know anything about hip hop.

Generally, you'll find most of us at Buzz every Friday, so come to one of the meet-ups and check the place out.

9:30 club has live music.

pick up a copy of the Washington City Paper, they have a good listing of events.

& since i'm not lemurgene's bitch anymore, i wont refer anyone to that site. they probablyhave not updated that shit since october of last year.

nope, not Russian....the "K" is for my last initial. I'm from originally from Boston. I'm Iranian (although born and raised in US)...I hear you have lots of Iranians around here, right?

one lady that used to cut my hair was Iranian. she used to tell me that there was a substantial Iranian community around Alexandria.

I had and Iranian friend in school, she is a hottie. Hopefully I'll get to see her this weekend in Miami, that is if she can find the time between her hospital rotations.

anyway, i went off in a tangent, welcome to the board icon14.gif

Guest jroo
Originally posted by spinsaikel

I dont know what the hell he is anymore

its cuz of all that makeup you put on when you dance. you cant see shit.

Guest jroo

dude, it totally just hit me. you diffinately need to go to the paper moon in georgetown. it'll remind you of home. middle eastern culture reigns supreme there.

Originally posted by jroo

dude, it totally just hit me. you diffinately need to go to the paper moon in georgetown. it'll remind you of home. middle eastern culture reigns supreme there.

:confused:

Ummm.. she's from Boston, born and raised in the US. See earlier post.

:blown: