Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DO you have cable/dsl or are you a loser on dial up?

Originally posted by notallthere

At work im cruising on a t3 but at home im a shrimp on dial up.

I just got optimum online and the shit is so fuckin' fast. I topped out at 900 K/sec with Download Accelerator............that's fucking faster than 5 T1 lines........WHOA, usually I average about 500-700 K/sec........still fast as shit

one t1 is 1.5 megs a sec. 900k is less then a meg. Maybe faster then a t1 shared. I used to have optimum but i dident pay for a long time. So they turned it off

Not little "k".......big "K"................Kilobytes not kilobits, big difference..........T1 is 150 K/sec........cable about 5-600 K/sec. :aright:

Originally posted by ou812

Not little "k".......big "K"................Kilobytes not kilobits, big difference..........T1 is 150 K/sec........cable about 5-600 K/sec. :aright:

Dude 1000 kilobytes is 1 megabyte you almost hit a meg a second

a t-1 is 1.5 megabytes a scond dedicated.

Dude 1000 kilobytes is 1 megabyte you almost hit a meg a second

a t-1 is 1.5 megabytes a scond dedicated.

Actually.........you are right a T1 is 24 64K circuits.............my numbering was off..........that would make a T1 about 1500K, In which case that would make my cable 5000-6000K. And spiking at 9000K............just a shade under Ethernet speed of 10 Mbs (still awfully fuckin fast) Thanks for helping me clear that up..........I should have this down pat since I work in computers.

Originally posted by ou812

ok big K lil K where is the special K sorry had to say it

im on a cheesy 56k dial up modem for now think im switching to a DSL

ehhhh! I would say I'm pushing about 1.21 Jiggawatts under the hood of my computer. The Flux Copasitor is fluxxing nicely. Super Duper Ultra Bionic fast :eek: As soon as I click on the download button it's start playing or the picture just pops up. It fluxes(downloads) so fast that the download button is like actually the play button. :D