Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Platinum Question?

For those of you that were there last season at Platinum and those that will be coming out this Winter!!!

what would you like to see happen on friday nights...?

Foam Party?-Guest Dj's- any idea's?????

What other parties are out there that would conflict with you going to Platinum?

Im just curious to help make Friday's Better then last year and very successful?

thanks, in advance...

Friday's Hosted by Mc ShowBoat so anything can happen...Dj Lineup to be anounced soon...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) better drink prices...

2) a solid resident DJ w/ guest appearances (openers/closers)....

3) VIP card giveaways...

IMO, its tough for Platinum...If you look at successful venues like Metro for example, they have college nights from surrounding Universities. Rutgers sucks because not many people are into the scene, and there are fraternity houses at Rutgers unlike the colleges up north so the kids up at William Paterson and Montclair NEED a venue to party at. If you can find a way to lure the average joe schmoe Rutgers student you can be successful.

Originally posted by ysolt

what's the dress code going to be like? a lot of us would like to go in jeans and sneakers (not ghetto), and not be frowned upon, u know?

DITTO THAT....A good Redident is a must also. Crowd is gonna be shaky in there no matter what u do. Also get VIP cards...I'll add it to my stash. :D

I agree with the VIP cards I think that would be such a good idea... personally I always like Friday nights the best out of my fall/winter weekends, and Platinum last winter on Fridays was always so much fun!!! :D

who is gonna be the resident for Friday nights? :shaky:

the VIP card problem...Will be taken care of...i know how it feels to have a VIP card...it makes it easier and just a better feeling...and as for dress code im not 100% sure how that is gonna work but i assure you i will put my 2 cents in to have a LAX, dress code..

this is a college night and it is a party crowd and i for one know that college kids dont always have tight threads for clothes...Washing clothes sucks in New brunswick......

( no ghetto gear though)

I am really trying to get all this back to the appropriate people...we want it to be a good night...and customer service will the first priority...

so cheap drinks..

VIP cards...

Good Music

Chill Dress Code

This will be a good time party....I never claimed to Be the BEST DJ or the BEst Promoter..But i do have a good time and look out for the People that come to the parties i work at.....

any more ideas or questions please post...

thanks...

Originally posted by ibclubbin

its all about gettin the women in there......prime, you need to get out your rolodex and get all your bunnies to make Platinum their friday hot spot:tongue:

BG

BG i got that Black book open as we speak...But Ladies Free with rutgers ID..Ill be at DOUGLAS PROMOTING TO THE ladies that like guys and girls....its all good..

u got any ideas for the Ladies...? U man whore

Originally posted by bmw4jay

Also make sure that Ben is there bartending!!! That kid know's whats up and how to keep people coming back. :aright:

yea Ben is good peeps....Im sure he will...Bar tenders are out of my league though...But i do like Ben

in the winter, make sure the bouncer let people in quicker then they did, i waited for an hour outside freezing my ass off just to get inside and have the place not even be packed.

Also, IMO if you want to get rutgers in there make it 18 to get in, at least on certain nights or at least for the girls. I go to rutgers and i know a lot of people that aren't 21 that really don't have shit to do many nights because they can't get into the bars. If platinum is their only option, thats where they'll be going. Get them while their young, once they turn 21 they'll be all about the bar scene because thats what everyone who's 21 does at rutgers. If you get them into the club scene then they'll keep coming even after they turn 21.

Someone mentioned that rutgers sucks because it's not into the scene because of the fraternities, thats not true. Rutgers really cracks down on fraternities for partying so most of the time when they do have stuff they have late nights that start 2am or so, so those shouldn't really affect you. If you guys really promoted right you can turn Rutgers into that scene, it's all new kids coming in every year and they don't know anything other then whats happening that year. The right type of promoting can really get a lot of people in there, especially if you make it 18 for girls. IMO, The girls will come because of lack of other things to do, the guys will come because of the young college girls.

Heres another idea, do what the clubs in DC do, send a shuttle bus to pick the kids up. Most don't have cars on campus nor do they wanna walk to platinum in cold ass weather, a shuttle would really help, especially in the winter. Have a little mini bus run every half hour for a few hours, picking kids up from the student center. When i visited maryland it seemed that the drunk bus ride was part of the fun. Just a few ideas......

Originally posted by ysolt

what's the dress code going to be like? a lot of us would like to go in jeans and sneakers (not ghetto), and not be frowned upon, u know?

i agree, i know a lot of my friends didn't want to go last year because they didn't feel like "getting all dressed up"

Originally posted by harddtime

Also, IMO if you want to get rutgers in there make it 18 to get in, at least on certain nights or at least for the girls. I go to rutgers and i know a lot of people that aren't 21 that really don't have shit to do many nights because they can't get into the bars.

Thats what they did last winter, but they were shut down pretty fast. New Brunswick law states that if alcohol is being served, all patrons must be 21 or older. So its either let 18+ in and not serve liquor to anyone, or make it 21+.

BG

i agree, i know a lot of my friends didn't want to go last year because they didn't feel like "getting all dressed up"

Bro, i was there promoting Platinum and myself when I spun there...its impossible to get kids to come down for a plethora of reasons....most of which were things that people "heard".....tons of kids didnt even want to go down because:

1. cover was too high

2. drinks were too expensive

3. dress code turns people away

4. no hiphop

5. too far of a walk from their house (easton ave bars are right there)

I was giving comps away and i couldnt even get people down there....some people liked it at first but then just stopped coming...that had a spiral effect and the crowd thinned out totally

The majority of the Rutgers crowd is NOT die hard club kids...they are peeps who will check it out once in a while, maybe go down for a special occasion, etc...the rest are khakis and beer drinkers who would rather go to 80's night at the Rail....

so basically, Platinum should market itself to the RU crowd, but not focus on them.....if the place gets hot, the RU kids will show.....

BG

Bro, i was there promoting Platinum and myself when I spun there...its impossible to get kids to come down for a plethora of reasons....most of which were things that people "heard".....tons of kids didnt even want to go down because:

1. cover was too high

4. no hiphop

I was giving comps away and i couldnt even get people down there....some people liked it at first but then just stopped coming...that had a spiral effect and the crowd thinned out totally

The majority of the Rutgers crowd is NOT die hard club kids...they are peeps who will check it out once in a while, maybe go down for a special occasion, etc...the rest are khakis and beer drinkers who would rather go to 80's night at the Rail....

so basically, Platinum should market itself to the RU crowd, but not focus on them.....if the place gets hot, the RU kids will show.....

Quote.

This year

1. Guys $5 dollars girls free w/ R. U. ID

2. Dress casual but neat that means jeans and sneakers are allowed.

3. cheap drinks

4.music is club, hip-hop and R&B

5 awsome entertainment M.C. Showboat, whip cream bikini contests to come etc.......

Platinum is also located in Down Town New Brunswick your right it doesn't only appeal to the college , but mainly everyone else you can go out to eat and walk down a block or two and go to Platinum.

But for the real clubbers we'll see you Saturdays.

Grand Opening Sept. 21st!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

exacly each night will have a different vibe and style...

Thursdays are hip hop & R&B Dj's Ynot and Guest Hot 97 Dj's

Fridays is going to be a college party feel...Mc Show Boat

Saturday is full blown, house, tech and tribal...anthony acid

It will all fallinto place as the winter progresses....there is a huge market and lots of differnet styles for people to chose from....

whats ur desire???

1. cover was too high

4. no hiphop

BG

i agree that many didn't want to come down because it was too far of a walk, especially when it's cold as hell in the winter. This was probably the biggest factor in getting kids down there. Thats why getting a shuttle from the student center would be a nice way of solving that problem. Clubs at University of Maryland do that to get the kids to go to their clubs i don't see why platinum couldn't give that a try. How much could it possibly cost to have a school bus run back a forth for four hours?

I also agree that majority of rutgers are not "die hard club kids" but you gotta figure that there's a new group of kids every year that come to rutgers. It's hard to sell platinum to those are that into the bar scene already, but like i said before, if you make it 18 at least one night a week for girls, then you'll be getting them before they are hooked into the whole bar scene. As for the guys, they'll go wherever the girls are.

djprime, check your PMs

Originally posted by djprime

we are def working on cheap drinks...and VIP cards are something we are gonna work on...we are gonna be working with the Rutgers Fraternities and also WRSU.....the Radio Station..Any other ideas?

screw working with rutgers fraternities, work with the sororities, that'll get the fraternities in there quick

I It's hard to sell platinum to those are that into the bar scene already, but like i said before, if you make it 18 at least one night a week for girls, then you'll be getting them before they are hooked into the whole bar scene. As for the guys, they'll go wherever the girls are.

djprime, check your PMs

Yeah they tried 18 girls..but the town didn't go for it. They can't do an 18 to enter anywhere in NB (unless of course fake id).