Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Do you think in our lifetime.....?

Do you think in our lifetime we will see Underground Electronic Music ever getting the same coverage as POP stars Shakira, NSYN'C ETC. ETC. Do you think that we will ever see Dj Tiesto accepting an award @ the MTV MUSIC AWARDS for His mixes and productions. Do you think we would be able to flip to MTV and see Music Videos such as Southern Sun like they have in Europe ?

Just some Random thoughts for the mind....

probably not...americans are just too different from europeans. also, the US is so big that it's difficult for electronic music to spread everywhere. and if underground electronic music were to be shown on MTV, it would certainly lose it's underground status. I think i like electronic music to stay relatively underground because it wouldn't be as influenced by money as the pop bands you see on MTV. i like the music pure with no politics.

Originally posted by rdancer

Do you think in our lifetime we will see Underground Electronic Music ever getting the same coverage as POP stars Shakira, NSYN'C ETC. ETC. Do you think that we will ever see Dj Tiesto accepting an award @ the MTV MUSIC AWARDS for His mixes and productions. Do you think we would be able to flip to MTV and see Music Videos such as Southern Sun like they have in Europe ?

Just some Random thoughts for the mind....

definetely not. and btw, tiesto != underground music. much the opposite in fact. and yes, i could def. see him accepting an award for best "electronica act" or some such bullshit, because he produces and pushes his tracks a lot. wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't have a video already.

besides much of what you'd call "underground" (meaning under-exposed) music takes a certain amount of education and understanding to appreciate, unlike the pop crap you see on mtv which is more of the instant gratification type.....it's easy on the brain so to speak.

such education the "common folk" do not posess. as such, said musics do not appeal to said common folk. end result is a piece that has no market value and hence no record company worth their salt would spend any money promoting something that cannot appeal to the larger populus. ya dig?

Originally posted by dr0ne

definetely not. and btw, tiesto != underground music. much the opposite in fact. and yes, i could def. see him accepting an award for best "electronica act" or some such bullshit, because he produces and pushes his tracks a lot. wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't have a video already.

He does have a video, almost every house song has a video that you can find somewhere on the internet, I think its really big in Europe or something...;)

Possibly, but not likely. Europeans are just more open about music, and they don't have govts., media, or religious officials telling them what's suitable to listen to. Dimmu Borgir (this Norwegian black metal band) performed on German tv once, playing their style of demonic metal while surrounded by flames and scantily clad fetish girls crawling around on the ground. And after the song was over the cameras showed the audience, and regular looking people in suits and ties were standing up and applauding. I really wish we had that kind of appreciation for all kinds of music over here.

Originally posted by heretic909

Possibly, but not likely. Europeans are just more open about music, and they don't have govts., media, or religious officials telling them what's suitable to listen to. Dimmu Borgir (this Norwegian black metal band) performed on German tv once, playing their style of demonic metal while surrounded by flames and scantily clad fetish girls crawling around on the ground. And after the song was over the cameras showed the audience, and regular looking people in suits and ties were standing up and applauding. I really wish we had that kind of appreciation for all kinds of music over here.

that's nothing compared to BURZUM!!!!! now there's some evil scandinavian motherfuckers!!! i think he burned some guys house down or some shit.