Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Mtv Vma

meng

So what did you guys think of the awards show? What was up with Guns and Roses? They sucked. Axl cannot sing anymore.

Eminem almost beat the shit out of Moby......Britney Spears looked hot as fuck as well as Shakira......

MTV awards reflected the quality of MTV’s programming, so basically what I’m saying is they sucked. Eminem is an idiot; a successful one, but an idiot nonetheless. I don’t know about beating up Moby, in my opinion Moby was pretty composed. Personally I would have reacted, the same way Moby did, just chill and let Eminem look like the arse he is.

Funny thing Eminem tears into Moby, but will see who is still making bank a few years down the road.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by sobeton

MTV awards reflected the quality of MTV’s programming, so basically what I’m saying is they sucked. Eminem is an idiot; a successful one, but an idiot nonetheless. I don’t know about beating up Moby, in my opinion Moby was pretty composed. Personally I would have reacted, the same way Moby did, just chill and let Eminem look like the arse he is.

Funny thing Eminem tears into Moby, but will see who is still making bank a few years down the road.

I didn't see the whole show, but why is MM ripping on moby? Moby seems like the guy who never starts troulbe...

Originally posted by saleen351

I didn't see the whole show, but why is MM ripping on moby? Moby seems like the guy who never starts troulbe...

Moby made a statement at the 2001 grammys; in which he basically said he did not support Eminem’s controversial lyrics and homophobic beliefs. to which Eminem said, "Moby is too old to be in tune with what people want to hear. " Moby is like 36 years old, okay yeah he's to old. :rolleyes: Eminem added to that by doing a parity of Moby and dising him in his song "Without Me".as part of his stage act on his tour, Eminem stages a mock murder of Moby. so basically it’s been a war of words; which drew a little heat at the MTV awards last night.

personally I think Eminems music sucks; it’s nothing more then raping on top of over sampled beats.. the same technology which Moby helped pioneer, Eminem employs in the production of tracks. my prediction is in a few years Eminem will be selling dirt bikes, and doing a punk rock tour with Vanilla Ice. while Moby will be on the way to becoming the next Danny Elfman.

on the plus side Christina Aguilera was looking hot as f*ck !:tongue:

Moby made a statement at the 2001 grammys; in which he basically said he did not support Eminem’s controversial lyrics and homophobic beliefs. to which Eminem said, "Moby is too old to be in tune with what people want to hear. " Moby is like 36 years old, okay yeah he's to old. :rolleyes: Eminem added to that by doing a parity of Moby and dising him in his song "Without Me".as part of his stage act on his tour, Eminem stages a mock murder of Moby. so basically it’s been a war of words; which drew a little heat at the MTV awards last night.

personally I think Eminems music sucks; it’s nothing more then raping on top of over sampled beats.. the same technology which Moby helped pioneer, Eminem employs in the production of tracks. my prediction is in a few years Eminem will be selling dirt bikes, and doing a punk rock tour with Vanilla Ice. while Moby will be on the way to becoming the next Danny Elfman.

on the plus side Christina Aguilera was looking hot as f*ck !:tongue:

well said Tony

yeah, we suck; that's why you and several millions of people watch us. :laugh:

in about 2 months is our turn here in Miami Beach. VMA LatinAmerica; prepare for a big show. :D

on the plus side Christina Aguilera was looking hot as f*ck !

oh YES she was....she just keeps looking better and better.....Britney Spears' legs looked outrageous in the outfit she had on also....I don't know about you guys, but I think Pink is hot as fuck also.....but still...Shakira's my favorite....and ther was my boy playing drums right with her...lucky bastard!

Did anyone notice that Michael jackson accepted an award that did not exist?....Britney Spears had mentioned when she introduced him that he was one of the best musicians of the millenium or something of the sort and when he got onstage he said that he never would have imagined thathe would be accepting the artist of the millenium award....when in fact all he was there to do was present a VMA....That guy is on another planet, I swear....the planet of lost little boys...:D

Originally posted by laliux

yeah, we suck; that's why you and several millions of people watch us. :laugh:

ummmmm! don’t flatter yourself sport. for the record I don’t watch MTV. the only reason I was watching the awards. is because they had it on in the gym, where I was working out. on all 6 tv sets, I might add. :( I understand you work for mtv , so it's a bit hard to be impartial. however imo the original programming sucks, plain and simple.

ummmmm! don’t flatter yourself sport. for the record I don’t watch MTV. the only reason I watching the awards. is because they had it on in the gym, where I was working out. on all 6 tv sets, I might add. :( I understand you work for mtv , so it's bit hard to be impartial. however imo the original programming sucks, plain and simple.

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by meng

So what did you guys think of the awards show? What was up with Guns and Roses? They sucked. Axl cannot sing anymore.

Eminem almost beat the shit out of Moby......Britney Spears looked hot as fuck as well as Shakira......

It's too bad........G 'n R was really a great band.......once. In high school I couldn't get enough of the Use Your Illusion albums. And they still sound good when I pull them out to listen. There is one track, "Estranged," that really blows me away still........

Originally posted by meng

Did anyone notice that Michael jackson accepted an award that did not exist?....Britney Spears had mentioned when she introduced him that he was one of the best musicians of the millenium or something of the sort and when he got onstage he said that he never would have imagined thathe would be accepting the artist of the millenium award....when in fact all he was there to do was present a VMA....That guy is on another planet, I swear....the planet of lost little boys...:D

I REFUSE to watch Mtv so I did not see the VMA, however, I read about that "award acceptance" by MJ in the paper today. It was funny as shit. :laugh: According to the Herald it was a "surreal" moment as Jackson thanked everyone from God to his family and even...... Ha ha ha..... David Blaine! He said something like "your magic is real and I believe in you..." :laugh:

No disrespect to Blaine, of course. :)

Originally posted by bbflux

I REFUSE to watch Mtv so I did not see the VMA, however, I read about that "award acceptance" by MJ in the paper today. It was funny as shit. :laugh: According to the Herald it was a "surreal" moment as Jackson thanked everyone from God to his family and even...... Ha ha ha..... David Blaine! He said something like "your magic is real and I believe in you..." :laugh:

No disrespect to Blaine, of course. :)

He also said, "Britney, you look terrific."(or something like that)...shortly after, his face fell off...

Originally posted by pod

MTV represents the worst of culture nowadays. It's really too bad.

hey Dan,

don't badmouth my workplace. I invite you anyday to our offices so you can see we are not the worst of culture.

btw, where the hell is my picture you took of me and my friends @ Lola?

ciao

Lalo

You're MTVLA though! That's different. MTVLA is actually quite enjoyable sometimes. So is M2. It's just unfortunate the parent network is quite horrid.

Let me poke around in the archives so I can scan it in. Barbie, you have an image comin' your way too!

b

Originally posted by pod

You're MTVLA though! That's different. MTVLA is actually quite enjoyable sometimes. So is M2. It's just unfortunate the parent network is quite horrid.

Let me poke around in the archives so I can scan it in. Barbie, you have an image comin' your way too!

I hear you; our main channel is doing too many "reality" shows instead of sticking to air videos which was the original idea but believe it or not it's generating big bucks to them and like you say they have MTV2 and VH1 to air more videos than shows.

where have you watched MTV Latino?, we don't air that here in the US.

Thanks for the pic. :D

I've seen MTVLA on a friend's 9' satellite dish. One of the advantages of the old tech, you can pick up the foreign networks if you know where to point it. You can also get the raw network feeds too, which are usually next week's TV shows, and the occasional uncensored live broadcast...i.e. before it gets distributed out, it goes to the station, so you'll see the star reporter going "Where's my fucking coffee?" or something.