Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Why do women wear tight clothes?

hoke

Originally posted by tastyt

Good god... I can't believe all this quibbling was over semantics... and yes it was semantics...

No.

It is NOT semantics.

I asked the question, I know what I meant, and I've been trying to explain that to you... do you really think you understand my own question better than I do?

any other person would accept "it's comfortable" and understand that people like to wear things that are comfortable, no?

Even if there are people who just like to wear comfortable clothes, if you read back to MY FIRST POST IN THIS THREAD, you'll see that I'm talking about people who use style as a form of SELF-EXPRESSION. "I like it" and "it's comfortable" do NOT address that question...

Either way, I for one never said that women like to wear them because it was comfortable so now I am quibbling over semantics over something I never even said!

I never said that you in particular said that... so feel free to stop arguing about it at any time.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG give it a rest already... I seem to recall that I'm not the only one who has noticed you dissecting things way too much... either way, I'm out... drink some warm milk, down a shot of vodka, take a xanax, amything, but chill man, the weekend is here, time to relax...

Originally posted by tastyt

OMG give it a rest already... I seem to recall that I'm not the only one who has noticed you dissecting things way too much... either way, I'm out... drink some warm milk, down a shot of vodka, take a xanax, amything, but chill man, the weekend is here, time to relax...

YOU telling ME to give it a rest? lol... that's a good one! You jumped down MY throat, remember? I've merely been trying to explain myself this whole time... and you have yet to give me a simple benefit of the doubt...

I guess that's too much to ask around here.

Originally posted by hoke

I guess that's too much to ask around here.

...not for nothing but you seem to come to this conclusion quite often...why do you insist this board is unfair?..and if you truly believe this why do you continue to maintain lengthy "debates" on this board...

Originally posted by phatman

...not for nothing but you seem to come to this conclusion quite often...why do you insist this board is unfair?..and if you truly believe this why do you continue to maintain lengthy "debates" on this board...

I don't think this board is "unfair" and I'm not trying to have "debates." I'm TRYING to have intelligent conversations, but they tend to degenerate into arguments. I think that's sad. There are a few very bright and insightful people on the boards, and we could have some really great conversations if we all tried...

I guess I keep doing it because every now and then, I *do* have a great discussion, and I've even made friends that way... so I suppose the long-term benefits outweigh the short-term frustration.

*shrug*

sorry but tasty not giving you the benefit of the doubt and then extending it to "too much to ask around here" can be viewed as you making a general statement that this board is not fair...not being given the benefit of the doubt IS a matter of fairness..

i also think many of your posts start as intellectual conversations but become debates when emotions flare up...very hard to avoid when dealing with the public at large...even though there are intellectual debates as well, i think you expect a lot from this board and take it a little too serious...

but you obviously know all this and continue..so long as you dont complain, then i dont care...but now that you've brought forth your acknowledgment(s), i dont expect you to complain about these items in the future...

conversate on my friend...and have a great weekend...

Originally posted by romy20

To be perfectly honest, when I go out to buy clothes (sexy/tight etc), in my mind when I'm looking in front of the mirror trying on the clothes I'm thinking 1.) Do I look/feel sexy/good in this 2.)Will I get guy's attention with this outfit (even though I'm not single, but who doesn't want attention?:D ), and will I make some girl's jealous?

so yeah thats pretty much it.

and any girl who says that they DON'T like the attention, is a LIARRRRRR.

I mean there's the good attention, and then there's the "leave me alone ur ugly" attention. I'm talking about the good attention.

and do I have to be in a certain kinda mood to wear sexy clothes? Yeah sometimes. Cause there are times where I'll just feel like going out relaxed with a pair of sneakers. lol instead of goin out dancing all night in high heels and having my feet fall off.

yay romy!! :clap2: she just told it like it is... and exactly how i woulda answered this question.... we wear what we wear b/c we feel it looks good on us... compliments out bodies... makes us feel good, sexy, more confident.... whatever the case may be... yea it may be a form of "self expression" but in response to wideskies: i dont know anyone who gets dressed throughout the day thinking... well... im not gonna wear makeup today cuz im a very upfront person etc etc... so i dont really think its that easy to sit here and explain why and how every little thing we wear is self reflecting... its pretty much self explanatory... and why we wear what we wear shouldnt really be that difficult to understand...

and yes we should be able to wear tight clothes without being gawked at, shouted at, whistled at... some guys dont know how to control themselves... i mean COMON!!! its like theyve never seen a female body before... :blank:

Originally posted by linabina

and yes we should be able to wear tight clothes without being gawked at, shouted at, whistled at... some guys dont know how to control themselves... i mean COMON!!! its like theyve never seen a female body before... :blank:

Maybe they've never seen a body as hot as yours, linabina. *hoots and hollars*:D