Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Why do women wear tight clothes?

hoke

I see a lot of women who wear tight clothes but don't like the harrassment that it encourages. They say they should be able to express themselves however they want.

So... if style is an expression of self... then what sort of expression is it to wear tight clothes?

Just curious... not passing judgement at all...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so the world can be their modeling runway.

Most girls enjoy their beauty and enjoy doing whatever they can to highlight it and put it on display for the world to see.

Some handle it well..they find a balance between natural beauty and fashion. Their world wont shatter if someone sees them without makeup on.

Some go overboard and become hallow plastic barbie dolls and if their painted beauty should ever fail them theyd blow away like the wind.

and my personal favorite ...the tomgirls if you will dont give a flying fuck what anyone thinks...their climbing trees with me and the boys in riped jeans and a t-shirt with their hair in a rubber band just being themsleves.

Im always arguing with my lady that she doesnt need makeup....that she doesnt have to dress up...to wear whatever is comfortable...that she doesnt have to go to the gym or starve herself...but some people are really image aware....and those that arent *raises his hand* have a difficult time understanding it all.

:flame:

Copy of my post from the other thread:

You know what, I'm not even going to justify that question with a response. People should be able to dress the way they choose without being harrassed. Am I wrong for wearing tight jeans? No. Is someone yelling shit at me, embarrassing me while I'm walking down the street wrong? Yes. End of story.

Do you ask the men who enjoy being assholes why they don't just stay in the house if they can't keep their fucking mouth shut??? Would you consider my case stronger if I listed incidents where I was not dressed "provocatively" and yet was still harrassed???

Originally posted by tastyt

Copy of my post from the other thread:

You know what, I'm not even going to justify that question with a response. People should be able to dress the way they choose without being harrassed. Am I wrong for wearing tight jeans? No. Is someone yelling shit at me, embarrassing me while I'm walking down the street wrong? Yes. End of story.

Do you ask the men who enjoy being assholes why they don't just stay in the house if they can't keep their fucking mouth shut??? Would you consider my case stronger if I listed incidents where I was not dressed "provocatively" and yet was still harrassed???

Please don't bring that drama into this thread. I'm asking an honest question.

cuz dey all hos that need to be suckin my dick or cookin my dinna..

this post is as pointless as the other...overanalysis rules...do you believe that everything has something behind it...can you imagine if someone wore something just because they liked it or liked the way it felt against their skin or for no reason at all...just because their mood and emotion said, "today, i feel like wearing the tight jeans..."

personally, i like wearing tight jeans...i can feel my nuts in my throat...

Originally posted by phatman

can you imagine if someone wore something just because they liked it or liked the way it felt against their skin or for no reason at all...just because their mood and emotion said, "today, i feel like wearing the tight jeans..."

No, because my question is specifically targeted at people who say that style is a form of self-expression.

What is being expressed? That's what I want to know. I really am curious, and I'm not trying to prove a point at all.

That's why I started a new thread for my question!

Wearing what you want when you want to yes is a form of self expression...it can express your mood, how you feel about yourself, and own personal taste & what you like..why do people dye their hair pink or blue ? why do people wear those ufo pants ?...people wear things THEY feel comfortable in & that works for them & makes them feel good so yes I feel thats EXPRESSION...you don't do it for anyone else but yourself....The moral of all this is ITS NOT WHAT YOU WEAR..ITS HOW YOU WEAR IT!!!!!

Originally posted by hoke

What is being expressed?

in regards to tight clothes.....probably ....the fact that they look fukn amazing in them...and that they can pull it off.....i dunno...i would hate seeing girls wearing baggy clothes....

i might have gone off topic...

Originally posted by sweetie029

it can express your mood, how you feel about yourself, and own personal taste & what you like..

These are exactly the things I'm trying to get at!

What kind of mood --> tight clothes?

What kind of self-image --> tight clothes?

What kind of taste --> tight clothes?

What kind of interests --> tight clothes?

"Because they feel like it" completely avoids the REAL question, which is, WHY do you feel like it?

Ok....some people yes are completely content with opening their closet & pulling out the first thing they see....other people spend time on this kind of shit BECAUSE THEY LIKE TO...some might do it all the time...some might not...the same as a girl wearing a tight pair of pants will just as easily be bothered by a girl wearing all baggy clothes (but the girl wearing the baggy clothes won't be called "hot" or "sexy" but instead a dyke or "she dresses like a boy" but these people are CONTENT with the way they look..it's not like women go shopping and say "Ok, I'm going to buy a real nice tight pair of jeans so every guy I see will notice me" you shop..you see what you like & what your comfortable in..hence thats why people have different tatstes in clothing etc. I'm not saying tight jeans are in itself "expression" IT'S EVERYTHING ELSE THAT GOES ALONG WITH IT TOO

Originally posted by mangledx

cuz they want to..... everything in life doesn't need an explaination....

This thread was in response to people saying that style is a form of self-expression.

There is no SELF-expression without "self"... so what is the self that is being expressed???

Originally posted by mangledx

and if your not the one wearing it...who cares...

That type of logic could be applied to 99% of the threads on these boards.

I'm just curious...

Ok....some people yes are completely content with opening their closet & pulling out the first thing they see....other people spend time on this kind of shit BECAUSE THEY LIKE TO...some might do it all the time...some might not...the same as a girl wearing a tight pair of pants will just as easily be bothered by a girl wearing all baggy clothes (but the girl wearing the baggy clothes won't be called "hot" or "sexy" but instead a dyke or "she dresses like a boy" but these people are CONTENT with the way they look..it's not like women go shopping and say "Ok, I'm going to buy a real nice tight pair of jeans so every guy I see will notice me" you shop..you see what you like & what your comfortable in..hence thats why people have different tatstes in clothing etc. I'm not saying tight jeans are in itself "expression" IT'S EVERYTHING ELSE THAT GOES ALONG WITH IT TOO

Okay, so you like to spend time on style... I understand that.

Now, I'm not saying that you're going to wear tight jeans so that guys will notice you (though I think some women do that)... but I do think you have a reason for buying them. You say you like them... sooooo.... what do you like about them?

Guest jroo

girls have a need to feel sexy, to feel attractive. and they know by wearing hot clothes it makes them feel more attractive. just because a girl is hot doesnt give any guy the right to harrass her. now, if her tits are hanging out of her shirt, then she is pretty much asking for it. hell, you'd probably get harassed just trying to get into the OSCARS if your tits were hanging out. bottom line is girls want to feel sexy, most guys are assholes.

Originally posted by jroo

girls have a need to feel sexy, to feel attractive. and they know by wearing hot clothes it makes them feel more attractive. just because a girl is hot doesnt give any guy the right to harrass her. now, if her tits are hanging out of her shirt, then she is pretty much asking for it. hell, you'd probably get harassed just trying to get into the OSCARS if your tits were hanging out. bottom line is girls want to feel sexy, most guys are assholes.

:clap:

Yea...so women buy clothes that look good on them....ummm...is there a problem with that ?? Yea they fit good & they look good as well crucify us now!!! No..we don't buy them because of the attention we might possibly get, we buy them because WE like they way they look on us...

Yea...so women buy clothes that look good on them....ummm...is there a problem with that ?? Yea they fit good & they look good as well crucify us now!!! No..we don't buy them because of the attention we might possibly get, we buy them because WE like they way they look on us...

I'm not criticizing you, so there's no need to get defensive.

I feel like I'm not really getting at what I wanted to know... I wanted to know what it was about certain women that made them like tight clothes in particular. Okay, so you say they look good... but some women think slacks look good... or loose skirts... or any number of other styles...

I guess people just aren't interested in thinking about this one...

Exactly...& there's nothing wrong with that...just the way there's nothing wrong with a woman wanting to wear a tight pair of jeans

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST! I NEVER SAID THERE WAS ANYTHING WRONG WITH IT!!!!

No..we don't buy them because of the attention we might possibly get, we buy them because WE like the way they look on us...

Well, partially true. We do buy certain clothes because WE like the way they look on us. But we also like the way they make us feel. So all this arguing about women not wanting to attract attention isn't quite true. If I wear tight clothes, I know EXACTLY how I look in them and as I'm aware of my surroundings, I usually also realize how people around me will look at me. If I WANT to feel sexy, I will wear something more revealing and hence FEEL more sexy as other people will look at me differently.

Imagine this...you buy some really really sexy clothes, you wear it and noone will realize, everyone treats you like you wear those baggy clothes you love....will you really FEEL sexy???? :confused:

Anyway, I didn't read the other threat (harrassment or whatever it was) so don't jump down on my throat...this is just my opinion on the threat on hand.

Originally posted by flying_high

Well, partially true. We do buy certain clothes because WE like the way they look on us. But we also like the way they make us feel. So all this arguing about women not wanting to attract attention isn't quite true. If I wear tight clothes, I know EXACTLY how I look in them and as I'm aware of my surroundings, I usually also realize how people around me will look at me. If I WANT to feel sexy, I will wear something more revealing and hence FEEL more sexy as other people will look at me differently.

Imagine this...you buy some really really sexy clothes, you wear it and noone will realize, everyone treats you like you wear those baggy clothes you love....will you really FEEL sexy???? :confused:

Anyway, I didn't read the other threat (harrassment or whatever it was) so don't jump down on my throat...this is just my opinion on the threat on hand.

I agree...of course we know what we are in for...but a rude & immature person shouldn't be the reason why we feel uncomfortable in looking the way we want...& I don't necessarily think it's "harrassment"..it's just immaturity

Originally posted by hoke

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST! I NEVER SAID THERE WAS ANYTHING WRONG WITH IT!!!!

seriously haha

ok, so to answer the question.....

To be perfectly honest, when I go out to buy clothes (sexy/tight etc), in my mind when I'm looking in front of the mirror trying on the clothes I'm thinking 1.) Do I look/feel sexy/good in this 2.)Will I get guy's attention with this outfit (even though I'm not single, but who doesn't want attention?:D ), and will I make some girl's jealous?

so yeah thats pretty much it.

and any girl who says that they DON'T like the attention, is a LIARRRRRR.

I mean there's the good attention, and then there's the "leave me alone ur ugly" attention. I'm talking about the good attention.

and do I have to be in a certain kinda mood to wear sexy clothes? Yeah sometimes. Cause there are times where I'll just feel like going out relaxed with a pair of sneakers. lol instead of goin out dancing all night in high heels and having my feet fall off.

:) is that kinda the answer you were looking for?:confused:

i wear tight shirts because it accentuates the fact that my vibrant energy is PUSHING and STRAINING to get out, and i am nearly SPRINGING out of my clothes with delight in being alive

i wear loose pants because i like to express the easy-going, laid-back part of my personality that is evident when i'm content and comfortable with myself

i wear no makeup because it indicates that i try to be upfront and honest in my interactions rather than hiding behind some sort of mask

i wear black when i want to draw attention to my moods and expressions rather than my physical self (which is most of the time)

i wear my sunglasses at night...