Robbie Rivera

pimpineo

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest saleen351

I love how miami claims RR to be one of their own... He spins here 4 times a year, yet lives 5 min away... HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

ps hes from puero rico, NOT MIAMI... MAYBE IF YOU SO CALLED CLUBBERS WENT TO SEE HIM, YOU KNOW THAT...

his productions at the time were off the hook, but now they need to give him the hook. its all the same... plus house is simply dead.... progressive and tech are in... with some tribal, but tribal is starting to get on my nerves... cough cough oscar cough cough play tech cough cough cough......

NY just didn't dicover him, sobeton is way wrong when he said that... RR was soooooooooo last spring and people came out to see him live, but thats about it, he didn't wow the crowds or anything. People were curious...He hit his peak and its over now, yet some brain surgeon decides to book him well after his prime.... MUSICALY THE NIGHT WILL SUCK, WILL IT BE AS BAD AT IB AT SPIN, HELL NO, BUT GO AND HAVE A GOOD TIME. I was speaking from a stand point of music.. Sure you'll get drunk and dance around and have fun, but for people like me and mike and andrew and a few others, there is nooooooooooooooooooooooooo way in hell we would be able to put up with it.... give RR the decks in space and people would leave in 10 mins...Picture dj nv....

ps nyc blew up rr not miami....

Originally posted by mikeydny

I dont know who ur kuddos are for KID, but it certainly aint me, lets leave it at that.

Like I said earlier in a post, im all for Robbie spinning at Space, id be there first on line to see him, just like i was one of the FEW who seen and supported him at LR. Ny just didnt discover Robbie so I dont know where your getting your information from. Who is dissing Rivera, got every track he puts out. Maybe in 8 months you'll hear them in Clubs here. End of subject, reply please, but im done on this subject, Miami clubs and the people who grace them every week basically suck, ill see ya in October, Ciao.

DONT WORRY WHERE I AM GETTING INFO. KID (BTW, THAT'S JUST THE WAY I TALK... IF YOU TOOK IT PERSONALLY THATS NOT MY PROB, SORRY IF YOUR YOUNGER AGE AFFECTED YOUR REASONING WITH THAT), BUT THE WAY U TALK ABOUT NYC AND ITS MUSIC AND ABOUT RIVERA...IT SOUNDS LIKE NYC NEW SUPERSTAR DJ...PROBLEM IS, HE IS FROM MIAMI (FINE, HE WAS BORN IN PR AND YES WE DID KNOW THAT SALEEN, BUT HE CAME HERE A LOOONG TIME AGO AND WENT TO H.S HERE AND EVERYTHING)AND HAS BEEN DOING IT HERE BEFORE NYC.

AS FAR AS YOU MENTIONING THAT YOU WENT TO LR ANDNOT MANY PEOPLE DID...WELL,I WOULD HAVE BEEN AT LR THAT NIGHT HE PLAYED, BUT I GRADUATED THAT DAY AND FAMILY AND FRIENDS TAKE PRIORITY FOR ME OVER CLUBBING.

ALSO, SAYING THAT ALL HIS MUSIC SOUNDS THE SAME AS U DID EARLIER...THATS NOT BASHING A GUY? I WOULD TAKE FROM THAT COMMENT THAT HE HAS LOST HIS ORIGINALITY OR IS BECOMING PREDICTABLE.

OH YEAH...ONE MORE TEENY TINY THING, DO I REALLY HAVE TO SEE YOU IN OCTOBER? I WAS HOPING TO GO OUT AND ENJOY MY CLUBBING EXPERIENCES:rolleyes:

I dont know who ur kuddos are for KID, but it certainly aint me, lets leave it at that.

Like I said earlier in a post, im all for Robbie spinning at Space, id be there first on line to see him, just like i was one of the FEW who seen and supported him at LR. Ny just didnt discover Robbie so I dont know where your getting your information from. Who is dissing Rivera, got every track he puts out. Maybe in 8 months you'll hear them in Clubs here. End of subject, reply please, but im done on this subject, Miami clubs and the people who grace them every week basically suck, ill see ya in October, Ciao.

what's with all the hating yo ? I miss new york too, but we live in florida now. know what I’m saying… like I said Oscar has been dropping, robbie’s "tracks" for a long time. until like a few months back, Robbie got no play in new york clubs. unless Danny was dropping his tracks, and you know this . . over the spring- summer he blew up in new york, hence his summer tour of new york. don’t believe me let’s ask him on Friday.. it’s also why you are able, to find more of his tracks now.. people in miami clubs piss me off sometimes, but you know what.?? I don’t care. cause as long as the beats are tight,I can tear shit up on the dancefloor (once I get through my speaker period :D ), chill with my peeps, and get banged up on occasion it's all good.:D

Originally posted by sunnyhost

DONT WORRY WHERE I AM GETTING INFO. KID (BTW, THAT'S JUST THE WAY I TALK... IF YOU TOOK IT PERSONALLY THATS NOT MY PROB, SORRY IF YOUR YOUNGER AGE AFFECTED YOUR REASONING WITH THAT), BUT THE WAY U TALK ABOUT NYC AND ITS MUSIC AND ABOUT RIVERA...IT SOUNDS LIKE NYC NEW SUPERSTAR DJ...PROBLEM IS, HE IS FROM MIAMI (FINE, HE WAS BORN IN PR AND YES WE DID KNOW THAT SALEEN, BUT HE CAME HERE A LOOONG TIME AGO AND WENT TO H.S HERE AND EVERYTHING)AND HAS BEEN DOING IT HERE BEFORE NYC.

AS FAR AS YOU MENTIONING THAT YOU WENT TO LR ANDNOT MANY PEOPLE DID...WELL,I WOULD HAVE BEEN AT LR THAT NIGHT HE PLAYED, BUT I GRADUATED THAT DAY AND FAMILY AND FRIENDS TAKE PRIORITY FOR ME OVER CLUBBING.

ALSO, SAYING THAT ALL HIS MUSIC SOUNDS THE SAME AS U DID EARLIER...THATS NOT BASHING A GUY? I WOULD TAKE FROM THAT COMMENT THAT HE HAS LOST HIS ORIGINALITY OR IS BECOMING PREDICTABLE.

OH YEAH...ONE MORE TEENY TINY THING, DO I REALLY HAVE TO SEE YOU IN OCTOBER? I WAS HOPING TO GO OUT AND ENJOY MY CLUBBING EXPERIENCES:rolleyes:

oh im not gonna reply to you, old wiser superior one.

amazing how everyone is on the rivera train now, oh and by the way when i come out in october its sure as hell aint to see you hunnie, so dont think i give a fuck about you, thanks.

Originally posted by sobeton

what's with all the hating yo ? I miss new york too, but we live in florida now. know what I’m saying… like I said Oscar has been dropping, robbie’s "tracks" for a long time. until like a few months back, Robbie got no play in new york clubs. unless Danny was dropping his tracks, and you know this . . over the spring- summer he blew up in new york, hence his summer tour of new york. don’t believe me let’s ask him on Friday.. it’s also why you are able, to find more of his tracks now.. people in miami clubs piss me off sometimes, but you know what.?? I don’t care. cause as long as the beats are tight,I can tear shit up on the dancefloor (once I get through my speaker period :D ), chill with my peeps, and get banged up on occasion it's all good.:D

Halleluiah...well said Tony.

until like a few months back, Robbie got no play in new york clubs. unless Danny was dropping his tracks, and you know this . . over the spring- summer he blew up in new york, hence his summer tour of new york. don’t believe me let’s ask him on Friday.. it’s also why you are able, to find more of his tracks now..

Riveras stuff has been getting dropped in NYC way longer then a year. We all spoke to Robbie at Living Room when he spun, and we asked him to play songs that he was shocked we knew of already because they were barely out for a month or 2 weeks or not even out at all. He blew up in NY way before this past spring and summer and thats a fact. Also if it wasnt for all the New York kids and there mp3s, none of Robbies tracks would be floating on those file sharing programs.

mikey, mikey, mikey... remember this pm?? (see quote below)

Booking Idea, Please Read....

Miami has one of the biggest names in world right now living here. ROBBIE RIVERA, this guy is huge. He spun at Living Room the other night, maybe 10 of us inside the club knew who he was, it wasn't fair, this guy needs a crowd, space has it, he needs a system, space has it. Oscar will vouch for him, he is the man.........bring this guy to SPACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks.

What has happened since?? that was your pm to me a few months back...

You broke my heart- & to think Space actually had you & others in mind when we booked Robbie.. :(

Its like what im saying is being re-worded here.

Did I not say I still get every Rivera track, why, I like him.

Did I knock him as a DJ, no way, I love the disco-house shit he plays, and his mixing is sick.

Fucking guy is cool as hell, let us hangout with him all night, talking to us, Beatfriek, AndrewThomas, etc. will vouch for that.

Would I rather see him at Space, hell yeah.

Do I think he uses the same sound in alot of songs, yeah, does it get annoying, yeah, sometimes, when a few tracks sound the same.

I still feel the same way about him, that night in Living Room was disgusting, Fat Girls asking him to play I WILL SURVIVE, thats cool.

Am I going this week, No.

End of story.

Originally posted by saleen351

I love how miami claims RR to be one of their own... He spins here 4 times a year, yet lives 5 min away... HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

ps hes from puero rico, NOT MIAMI... MAYBE IF YOU SO CALLED CLUBBERS WENT TO SEE HIM, YOU KNOW THAT...

his productions at the time were off the hook, but now they need to give him the hook. its all the same... plus house is simply dead.... progressive and tech are in... with some tribal, but tribal is starting to get on my nerves... cough cough oscar cough cough play tech cough cough cough......

NY just didn't dicover him, sobeton is way wrong when he said that... RR was soooooooooo last spring and people came out to see him live, but thats about it, he didn't wow the crowds or anything. People were curious...He hit his peak and its over now, yet some brain surgeon decides to book him well after his prime.... MUSICALY THE NIGHT WILL SUCK, WILL IT BE AS BAD AT IB AT SPIN, HELL NO, BUT GO AND HAVE A GOOD TIME. I was speaking from a stand point of music.. Sure you'll get drunk and dance around and have fun, but for people like me and mike and andrew and a few others, there is nooooooooooooooooooooooooo way in hell we would be able to put up with it.... give RR the decks in space and people would leave in 10 mins...Picture dj nv....

ps nyc blew up rr not miami....

:rolleyes: okay can you be serious now..:laugh: :laugh:

ok well heres the RR deal

kids been around since days of kangaroos

hes never been miamis best kept secret

and certinly not NY's newest discovery

95% of the tracks he drops are put out on NYC recod labels

i originaly started following robbie rivera when he did the 68 beats track way back in like 97

although it was releaced on his miami label JUICY music

after that he did producing for anthony acid and reddlite/reddline records,strictly rythem ,groovealicious,and g2,even deeper rekords

robbie chooses to remain out of the miami scene

correct miami dont respect him like they should and thats why hes been in ny for years longer then hes been playing here

all his tracks get played 6,7-12 months later down here after its been blown to pieces in NY

robbies a good dj and great producer too

and to be honest hes doing his thing makin his money drooppin those tracks reguardless if anyone in miami cares cause the scene heres weak

noone can ID tracks during the night

everyone has small talk and stands around

and even the ones who dance arent even any good at it

im out got things to do

RR , mikey n whoeva else follows see u guys at spin

ROBBIE RIVERA... the story so far

BACKGROUND

Following initial releases on Subliminal, Filtered and a host of other key dance labels, Robbie Rivera has since been inundated with offers to work with a wide range of projects for labels that include Duty Free, Henry Street, Strictly Rhythm, Multiply, Tommy Boy, Manifesto, Ministry Of Sound, Time, Sony, Mute, Universal, Epic…

Remixing a host of international artists including Harry 'Choo Choo' Romero, Faithless, Felix Da Housecat, Soulsearcher, Darryl Pandy, Sybil, Moloko, Funky Green Dogs, Victoria Beckham, and Madonna to name but a few.

PRODUCTIONS

In March 2000, his infectious piano track 'Bang' and the hard-house filter delight 'Jungle Boogie', under his Wicked Phunker guise, turned out to be two of the most in demand tracks at the Winter Music Conference. The hugely successful Time Records licensing both for Europe, and Multiply and Incredible respectively winning the race for the domestic rights. 'Bang' made Number One in every UK Dance chart (RM, Coolcuts, Buzz etc), shot onto the Radio One, Kiss FM, and Capital playlists (as well as all key regional stations), was a Danny Rampling Powerplay record and picked up huge support from the likes of Dave Pearce, Judge Jules and Pete Tong.

Dozens of features and excellent reviews appeared across the UK press from Music Week and the Tip Sheet through to 7 (Essential House Tune), DJ (Recommended, In The Box), Mixmag (Big Tunes), M8, Ministry, Wax, I-DJ, The Mirror, and even TOTP magazine! 'Bang' was also play listed by The Box and MTV, and added to almost every major compilation album; the single eventually reached the top 15 in the CIN Chart following its release in August.

After continuous airplay (as much on Radio One as Spiller and Robbie Williams) 'Bang' was also used throughout the Sydney Olympics and re-entered the national UK chart due to the increased demand. Wicked Phunker meanwhile topped the Music Week Club Chart.

Since then Robbie's been working away on a follow up to 'Bang' as well as a host of new releases on his JUICY MUSIC label. His recent cut 'Feel This' was picked up by Strictly Rhythm after having had the full support of Danny Tenaglia out in Miami and Ibiza. And reached Number One in the Billboard US Club Chart.

In an interview for US Magazine Billboard, Tenaglia praised Robbie's production and sound and has since asked Robbie to work with him on a collaboration. Likewise, Deep Dish and King Unique have also expressed an interested in working with Robbie in the near future.

His latest release causing a stir with the licensing cheque books is "Funk-a-tron" on Erick Morillo's Subliminal label, already a buzz chart track supported by Tong on Radio One and all the usual suspects.

Brand new productions have just been signed to Subliminal, Futuregroove and Fuju Records, so watch this space!

REMIXES

Robbie's insatiable remix skills have featured on… Billie Piper's number one national smash 'Night & Day' (Innocent), Illicit 'Sneaky Armada' (Azuli), Moloko 'Indigo' (Echo), Delacy 'Hideaway' (Slide N Slide), Samantha Mumba 'Body To Body' (Polydor), Subtronic 'Let's Get Horny' (Credence), Antoine Clamaran 'Get Up (It Doesn't Matter)' (Slip N Slide), Fused 'Saving Mary' (Columbia), Warrior 'Warrior' (Incentive) Madonna's 'Music' (Maverick, US), Max Linen 'Soulshaker' (Global Cuts) Rhonna's Billboard No. 1 Dance smash 'Satisfied' (Epic), Victoria Beckham's "Not Such An Innocent Girl" (Virgin), and more recently Pimp "The Light" on Mute Record's dance imprint Futuregroove, Funky Green Dogs' "Fired Up" (Universal), and Live Element "Be Free" (Gossip).

ROBBIE'S JUICY MUSIC LABEL

Robbie's Miami-based Juicy Music label is ready to continue the success and Bold Music will be handling all promotion and licensing for the label in the UK. Forthcoming releases include a re-release of the much in demand DJ Disciple production 'Treble & Bass', Rockstar "More, More, More" which features vocalist Steve Edwards (Basement Jaxx, Presence, Cassius, Fila Brazilia) and some very exciting new projects from Robbie himself.

"Like egg in a New York diner... Robbie's on a roll!" (DJ magazine)

Source

also lemme say this

just like danny tenaglia miami had RR first but ya lost him with lack of respect and a weak vibe and clueless paty goers

people here go out for the exposure for the drinking and drungs and whatever else but they sure as hell dont go out for the music

TONY ur my boy and all but please stop acting like a floridian hick

:D

NY blew up RR years ago hes nothing new

RR tracks were being dropped by every dj in ny peters,tsettos,ojeda,junior,vicious,rich luvv,l.e.s,masi&mello, list goes on

i can run down a list of tracks that NY been rockin thats yet to be heard comeout of the speakers of any miami club unless a NY dj played them

repeat MIAMI DIDNT DO SHIT FOR ROBBIE DIDNT EXPOSE HIM ,BBLOW HIM UP NOR HOUSE HIM AS A RESIDENT SOMEWHERE

every dj and producer has thier own sound that what makes them who they are

oscar has his sound that i hear in ever track he produces to

look at darude they the worst with the same damn synth in every track

Riveras stuff has been getting dropped in NYC way longer then a year. We all spoke to Robbie at Living Room when he spun, and we asked him to play songs that he was shocked we knew of already because they were barely out for a month or 2 weeks or not even out at all. He blew up in NY way before this past spring and summer and thats a fact. Also if it wasnt for all the New York kids and there mp3s, none of Robbies tracks would be floating on those file sharing programs.

robbie blew up this spring and summer in new york. because of the availability of the tracks; which put his name out there .. prior to that his tracks where not really, being dropped in clubs.

robbie blew up this spring and summer in new york. because of the availability of the tracks; which put his name out there .. prior to that his tracks where not really, being dropped in clubs.

tony how into the NY scene are u?

cause u dont know much about it

i can tell u track ids of djs and ill tell u exactly what time they dropped the track and what they dropped it into and took it out with

and i dont even live there

robbies tracks ARE being played in ever club every year in NY since 97'

This spring and summer? What are you talking about bro, Rivera shit has been getting played Major over there WAYYYYYYYY before this summer, holy shit even fucking DRAPER has been playing his shit since way back when he started.....BLEW UP THIS SUMMER? hahahahahahahaahahahahaha cmon Tony.....:laugh:

And were talking about Rivera tracks, are you kiddddddding me.....Availibility, everyone DJ in NY, there mother, and grandkids have everyone of his tracks, where do you think everything gets leaked from, shit where did "Miamis Own" Oscar.G's darkbeat track get leaked from, fuck, Resident DJS in MIAMI had to be handed it on CD because of availibility.....

And were talking about Rivera tracks, are you kiddddddding me.....Availibility, everyone DJ in NY, there mother, and grandkids have everyone of his tracks, where do you think everything gets leaked from, shit where did "Miamis Own" Oscar.G's darkbeat track get leaked from, fuck, Resident DJS in MIAMI had to be handed it on CD because of availibility.....

these miami cats still dont have it lololol

mean while i got the original ,instrumental,dub and accapella

Its like what im saying is being re-worded here.

Did I not say I still get every Rivera track, why, I like him.

Did I knock him as a DJ, no way, I love the disco-house shit he plays, and his mixing is sick.

Fucking guy is cool as hell, let us hangout with him all night, talking to us, Beatfriek, AndrewThomas, etc. will vouch for that.

Would I rather see him at Space, hell yeah.

Do I think he uses the same sound in alot of songs, yeah, does it get annoying, yeah, sometimes, when a few tracks sound the same.

I still feel the same way about him, that night in Living Room was disgusting, Fat Girls asking him to play I WILL SURVIVE, thats cool.

Am I going this week, No.

End of story.

looks like Mikey is a Space bitch; only goes there. :D

if you really love music, you'd had a good time even in a damn closet if with the right company. I can care less about the crowd, the vibe or anything like that.....if the music is good and i am with my friends, i can care less about the rest. No need for drugs either, just a couple of drinks and that's it.

Same sound?, everyone sounds the fucking same. All Beatles' songs sound the same, Rolling Stones same shit but I love their music.

Talkin' about fucking I will survive, I watched on Deco Drive Gloria Gaynor was gonna release an album... I think it has a new remix of "I will survive", maybe RR will drop it. :laugh:

Originally posted by laliux

Same sound?, everyone sounds the fucking same. All Beatles' songs sound the same, Rolling Stones same shit but I love their music.

Talkin' about fucking I will survive, I watched on Deco Drive Gloria Gaynor was gonna release an album... I think it has a new remix of "I will survive", maybe RR will drop it. :laugh:

didnt i just say that about artists and same sounds?

and gloria gaynor been putting out tracks every year too for the past 2 years not albums but club mixes remixed my ,hex ,peters,junior,hani and a few others:D

Originally posted by andrewthomas

also lemme say this

just like danny tenaglia miami had RR first but ya lost him with lack of respect and a weak vibe and clueless paty goers

people here go out for the exposure for the drinking and drungs and whatever else but they sure as hell dont go out for the music

TONY ur my boy and all but please stop acting like a floridian hick

:D

NY blew up RR years ago hes nothing new

RR tracks were being dropped by every dj in ny peters,tsettos,ojeda,junior,vicious,rich luvv,l.e.s,masi&mello, list goes on

i can run down a list of tracks that NY been rockin thats yet to be heard comeout of the speakers of any miami club unless a NY dj played them

repeat MIAMI DIDNT DO SHIT FOR ROBBIE DIDNT EXPOSE HIM ,BBLOW HIM UP NOR HOUSE HIM AS A RESIDENT SOMEWHERE

every dj and producer has thier own sound that what makes them who they are

oscar has his sound that i hear in ever track he produces to

look at darude they the worst with the same damn synth in every track

who you calling a hick ..:D you and mikey wanna bash miami clubbers, and clubs I could careless. I just think it’s fucked up, and as pointless as this RR debate. miami isn't new york , and I don't think they would ever wanna be.. point is the scene here is what it is. you got opinions deal; or stay home. there is nobody holding a gun to your head , saying you have to go out. you are not going to change, the way people in miami party. personally I don't give a fuck .. if the person dancing next to me , doesn't know the dj, the track,or fucking front door persons name for that matter. enjoy the moment .. stop the fucking hating it's annoying..

Originally posted by andrewthomas

these miami cats still dont have it lololol

mean while i got the original ,instrumental,dub and accapella

Hey Andrew,

Can you burn me a copy of the dub?

I didnt know there was a dub.....who remixed it?

You guys think you are such bad-asses because you go and rip shit off the net....FYI: every dork with a computer is doing the same thing....so what?!?.....doesn't make them better djs does it?

still just a bunch of wanna-bes hating on the guys that are really out there doing it.....

I'll take a room full of Miami people who are out to have a good time and dance to good music over a bunch of frustrated NY transplant DJ wanna-bes bitching and moaning about how much better NY is and taking notes on every song and going home and ripping them so they can be bad-asses on a message board.....any day!!!!!

You know what they say....if you love NY....then 95 NORTH IT!!!!

BTW: your precious downloads are destroying the underground dance music scene.....congratulations!

why do I fall into this crap...

:confused:

O.G.