Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Where were you on September 11th?

on my way to work. They told me when I got in that a plane went through the first tower. Then the pentigan... and then the second tower. We all sat near the trading desk and watched the television and thats when the towers fell. We were all numb.

Then I went home. By far - worst day in my life. I think everyone feels the same as well.

Cant believe its been a year already.

I was sleeping with my boyfriend at the time. My brother called me up on the phone telling me to put the television on. When I did I saw the first building burning. Woke my boyfriend up and a few moments later the 2nd plane crashed into the 2nd building. We immediately jumped out of bed and started calling our friends in NY to see if they were in that area and if they were ok. Wow, I remember that as if it were yesterday.

We had our eyes glued to the telvesion all day. My heart just dropped from seeing that happen. :(

I was coming home from China Club (afterhours at a friends) when they hit didnt find out till about 10am. When I got a call to help out at Fort Lee High School where they were treating patients brought over from NY and then sending them to NJ Hospitals. (I used to volunteer on the Local Ambulance) It was some pretty crazy shit.

I was in court on a beautiful morning getting an Anullment. Suddenly, the baliff just walked in and interrupted. He walked up to the judge, whispered something to her and she shouted out, "oh my god, what happened?" She stormed out of the courtroom without saying a word, the baliff then addressed court explaining that a commercial jet had flown into the World Trade Center. Just as I was standing there thinking I was finally free of trouble, I turned to my attorney and explained to him that my girl was working on the 84th floor of Tower 1. I lost it and was removed from the courtroom to the judges chambers. After placing several phone calls to her office and cell phone, I got no answer. I returned to the courtroom dazed by the emptiest feeling I had ever known. Shortly thereafter, the judge granted the Anullment. I froze for a couple of moments before I raced out of the courtroom running several blocks to my car. I still did not fully understand what happened until I heard it on the radio. My cell phone was not working anymore, I was losing my mind. After several looooong hours, around 6pm I finally got the phone call I had been waiting for... she had made it down 84 flights of stairs to safety!

Never ever take life for granted and dont be afraid to tell someone how you feel about them.

i was at work when the first plane hit the tower - i remember trying to get damn radio reception in this building. i also remember trying to call all my friends and family, especially those close to the city.

i left work at noon - went to my boyfriends house and we just sat and watched the television. after we just couldn't watch anymore we slept most of the rest of that day away. it was so draining and so unbelievably morbid.

we all actually witnessed HISTORY - history that will be told for generations to come and generations to go. it's weird isn't it ??

i was sitting in work listening to KTU and thought it was just goomba joking around especially after they said another hit.

then when it all sank in i was on the phone for a few hrs with an Ex because her dad had been working there, luckily 10 hrs later they heard from him he was ok was 1/2 block away when the plane hit.

was a very weird feeling to be listening to it all on the radio and as the tower fell the radio just went dead.

i agree with telling people how you feel just cant always do that they may not feel the same

there was some rain the night before and the cable truck was outside my house fixing the telephone poles and my stepdad comes running in to tell me that he heard that a plane crashed into WTC by accident, to get up in 5 minutes to see if the tv was ready...I was sooo tired, and I was supposed to be on my way to class in an hour but obviously I stayed home that day. After I saw the 2nd plane hit on tv I immediatley tried contacting my real dad b/c that was his building. Luckily, he was outside by a coffee truck getting coffe at the time of the first plane. Me and my brother were sooo worried about him, but thank god he survived. Oh, and do you want to hear some irony??? His company Lehman Brothers had sold their office space to Cantor Fitzgerald a year or so back and moved down to the 37th floor...:eek:

I was in the trade center twice that day before the planes hit...I was Trading for Goldman Sachs at the time and I had a meeting @ 7:30 in the city...I took the Path Train from Exchange place to WTC then walked to GS. Since Goldman Trades Fixed Income is Jersey City through Spear, Leeds...I had to go back to Jersey city so a little after 8 I went to the WTC and took the path to Exchange Place and when I got up to the 26 floor at 1 Exchange Place where I was trading out of...I caught the explosion out the corner of my eye....it was sick..the windows at Exchange place rumbled and people went nuts....We were all watching and didnt know what to think....Since our office was right across from the towers we had a sick view....Then the next plane hit and to this day the fucking image of the explosion is stuck in my head.....When the second plane hit....1 Exhange place was evacuated.....To think that I was in those two buildings twice that day is a very uneasy thought....IT still hasnt hit me.....

I was running late for work that day for some odd reason. When I walked out of the bathroom the first thing I saw was the tower in flames. My mother was crying saying a plane just flew right into the tower. That was the tower my cousin was in. I was glued to the tv after that. Called work and told them I wasn't coming in, my cousin was in there. My mother went to my aunts house and I stayed home making phone calls. When the first tower fell I think I fell too. My ex came in the house and found my passed out on the floor. When the 2nd tower went down I fell to the floor again in tears and passed out. My cousin was in there!!! That was the worst morning of my life. Cell phones weren't working so we couldn't find him. Finally, his g'friend decided to check to see if he used his MAC card and he did!!! We didn't offically hear from him til later though. Just knowing he was a live was the best thing in the world!!!!!!

Originally posted by fakearmani

I just saw this on the New York board and thought it was a pretty interesting question to ask. Its a pretty sad time, being that its the one year anniversary. Can believe how fast time went.

Where was everyone when the planes hit?

Where were you when the buildings fell?

I was pulling into work listening to howard stern for some reason.. he said a plane hit the wtc and i just turned it off thinking he was joking and parked my car. i walked into work to see that everyone is standing around all the tvs in the hallway still not realizing it i go to my floor and i see everyone standing outside on the terrace looking at ny then i realized it was true.

Originally posted by dknybabe2929

there was some rain the night before and the cable truck was outside my house fixing the telephone poles and my stepdad comes running in to tell me that he heard that a plane crashed into WTC by accident, to get up in 5 minutes to see if the tv was ready...I was sooo tired, and I was supposed to be on my way to class in an hour but obviously I stayed home that day. After I saw the 2nd plane hit on tv I immediatley tried contacting my real dad b/c that was his building. Luckily, he was outside by a coffee truck getting coffe at the time of the first plane. Me and my brother were sooo worried about him, but thank god he survived. Oh, and do you want to hear some irony??? His company Lehman Brothers had sold their office space to Cantor Fitzgerald a year or so back and moved down to the 37th floor...:eek:

My bf went for interviews at cantor fitzerald a couple of months before 9/11 and was upset that he didnt get that job. If he was to get that job he wouldnt be here today. I guess things do happen for reasons.

home, getting ready to go to NYC to take care of a few things, when someone in the house said "your not going to NY today, a plane just hit the World Trade Tower", Then it was a day of television and phones, finding out who was where, and who was ok, who needed help, etc. Not to mention it was my brother's bday and I had an uncle who was supposed to be on a plane to Newark from Atlanta, that flight was cancelled that morning after the attack. It was very hectic, luckily I didn't lose any immediate family members.

Originally posted by NJstacked

I was in the trade center twice that day before the planes hit...I was Trading for Goldman Sachs at the time and I had a meeting @ 7:30 in the city...I took the Path Train from Exchange place to WTC then walked to GS. Since Goldman Trades Fixed Income is Jersey City through Spear, Leeds...I had to go back to Jersey city so a little after 8 I went to the WTC and took the path to Exchange Place and when I got up to the 26 floor at 1 Exchange Place where I was trading out of...I caught the explosion out the corner of my eye....it was sick..the windows at Exchange place rumbled and people went nuts....We were all watching and didnt know what to think....Since our office was right across from the towers we had a sick view....Then the next plane hit and to this day the fucking image of the explosion is stuck in my head.....When the second plane hit....1 Exhange place was evacuated.....To think that I was in those two buildings twice that day is a very uneasy thought....IT still hasnt hit me.....

GOD was with you that day

well i was in school... Montclair State University... Which if you have ever been on campus there, has a great view of the city... unfortunately that morning, it wasn't so nice... the entire campus was out of class, watching everything happening from the place where you can see the best... people on cell phones trying to reach family and friends that were in the area of the towers... then i was paged into work... my real job, not the club emcee job of course... Im a paramedic and was entering the city as the second tower fell... as i reached ground zero i was quickly identified, labeled, and thrown into the kaos... you cant beguin to imagine the horrible sights there were... but we dont need to get into that... The only positive thing that kept us all going was watching the unity that had come into play between strangers! 36 hours later, my shift was done... i showered, ate some food, and went on a search of all information areas trying to get details of the where-a-bouts of a friend i had who was on the 103rd floor of tower 1... it was a lost cause... but like i said... the unity of everyone, and the willingness of strangers to help strangers was a great motivator...