Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Albany, Ny...........ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

jaysea

only in albany can you go to college and live downtown on hudson ave where your next door neighbors are either some kids from long island, a crackhead heroin dealing family, felons from the city area hiding upstate on warrants or a halfway house full of crazy 15 yr olds that come after you with an ax. ahh so glad i graduated that shithole.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by faith11878

Where do you spin?

Occasionally i spin @ quintessence, claytons and Positively 4th st. in Troy.

i'm semi-reluctant about trying to get into bigger parties up here, since i honestly don't like the area, or many of the people.

Jaysea, you said it man. That description was RIGHT ON and it's SCARY that it's so true!

Originally posted by dp80

only in albany can you go to college and live downtown on hudson ave where your next door neighbors are either some kids from long island, a crackhead heroin dealing family, felons from the city area hiding upstate on warrants or a halfway house full of crazy 15 yr olds that come after you with an ax. ahh so glad i graduated that shithole.

werd... thank heaven i was on a pot alcohol opium binge while up there, otherwise it would have been unbearable! :eek:

Absolutely killer weed... damn:smoke:

the dancefloor in the basement of post was always quite a 'scene':laugh:

Originally posted by dp80

Wish I found this board earlier!! I just graduated from Albany, maybe we could have all met up while I was there and my SHIT HOLE experience might have been a bit better. It is true that the only good club is Sneaky Petes,, JP has even been known to make an appearence there a time or two...I guess you just get used to the bar scene,, and the crackheads next door,,I had fun overall. Hey I was even a part of EDMS (Electronic Dance Music Society) my frosh year....The school actually funded our "club" to throw raves in the downtown area,, that was pretty cool I guess... Anyway Albany is kinda depressing,, the weather and all....There is even a crayon in the big box of Crayolas calld "Albany Grey," gets depressing after a while...guess thats why everyone is a fuckin alchoholic there! Well I am glad to be back in the NYC scene anyway, but Albany wasn't that bad.

"Turns out not where but who you're with that really matters"

I was going to go to SUNY Albany, but decided to go to USF in Tampa instead....i thought it was a good idea at first, but now I'm not so sure. No one in my dorm goes out, and hip-hop dominates here...If it isn't hiphop, it's Florida Breaks....I miss house:(

Originally posted by candg

I was going to go to SUNY Albany, but decided to go to USF in Tampa instead....i thought it was a good idea at first, but now I'm not so sure. No one in my dorm goes out, and hip-hop dominates here...If it isn't hiphop, it's Florida Breaks....I miss house:(

you try MIAMI?

I work on a big radio station in Albany and have a weekly mix show up there....i do agree though, Albany isn't all that but the station I work on is FLY 92.3....every fri at 7pm...tune in....its hip-hop and dance, depends on the week. I'll be spinning at Sneaky Pete's REAL SOON to do a guest spot....its gonna be 1/2 house and 1/2 hip-hop..Hope to see some heads up there...I'll keep ya posted on the date

PEACE

I don't really listen to 92.3 too much. I've never really heard any dance music on that station. 88.3 wvcr is getting better even if they do play just commercial dance. It's better than nothing. It sort of reminds me of KTU. Fly still plays too much Britney and Nelly for me. Good luck with your show! Let's hope that Sneaky's picks up again now that school is in session. It was a pretty bad summer there!

And If we're having a road trip I'm pretty sure I get shotgun in Faith's car....

albanys not that bad, you just gotta get used to things... nothing up heres gonna be like the city... i dun bout you guys but ill go to a shithole like "The tavern" and drink 25 cent pitchers of beer, im on a college budget, and the shit they put in those pitchers still will get you plastered...get compl;etely treashed for $6 its not a bad deal... I think Peters is coming to sneaky petes october 31, but tomorrow im driving down to monticello to check him out for his 12 hour set... pauliefeva just post up when your gonna be @ sneakys ill come check you out...

Sneaky Petes' tonight for "Bang" should be a good time. Nice and cheap to get really drunk. It's free to get in w/ college ID. Mix of hip hop and house I guess. Friday nights it's usually the bar scene... Big House, Mad River Jillians, etc... Haven't been to Pags on Friday yet. Heard some bad reports though from people on y2k's msg board. It's not a bad place, they have the roof of the club opened which is cool, but it seems not many people go.

Originally posted by pumavisor808

Sneaky Petes' tonight for "Bang" should be a good time. Nice and cheap to get really drunk. It's free to get in w/ college ID. Mix of hip hop and house I guess. Friday nights it's usually the bar scene... Big House, Mad River Jillians, etc... Haven't been to Pags on Friday yet. Heard some bad reports though from people on y2k's msg board. It's not a bad place, they have the roof of the club opened which is cool, but it seems not many people go.

Did you hear the commerical for it yet? :laugh:

I guess we will be there too.