Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Theological/Psychological Question...

dgmodel

Originally posted by dgmodel

Why are the survivors of 9/11 saying "Thank GOD" for saving their lives, but yet dont ask "Why did GOD Let this happen???"

~~GOD chose to save them so they r thanking him......its not as complicated as ur trying to make it out to be!:tongue:

Originally posted by dgmodel

Why are the survivors of 9/11 saying "Thank GOD" for saving their lives, but yet dont ask "Why did GOD Let this happen???"

<~~~~ FIRM BELIEVER IN ~ EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON

I MEAN, YES THE WHOLE SITUATION WAS FUCKED UP ~ MANY PEOPLE DIED & FOR OTHER PEOPLE'S MISTAKES.

HOWEVER, NEW YORKERS R EXTREMELY SELF-INVOLVED AND MOST OF THEM HAVE FORGOTTEN THE MEANING OF TRUE HAPPINESS.

AS SAD AS IT MAY BE . . . FOR OUR COUNTRY'S "AWAKENING" SUMTHING AS TRAGIC AS THIS HAD TO HAPPEN FOR EVERY1 TO OPEN THEIR EYES AND SEE JUST HOW FORTUNATE THEY ALREADY ARE.

Originally posted by sh4un4

<~~~~ FIRM BELIEVER IN ~ EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON

I MEAN, YES THE WHOLE SITUATION WAS FUCKED UP ~ MANY PEOPLE DIED & FOR OTHER PEOPLE'S MISTAKES.

HOWEVER, NEW YORKERS R EXTREMELY SELF-INVOLVED AND MOST OF THEM HAVE FORGOTTEN THE MEANING OF TRUE HAPPINESS.

AS SAD AS IT MAY BE . . . FOR OUR COUNTRY'S "AWAKENING" SUMTHING AS TRAGIC AS THIS HAD TO HAPPEN FOR EVERY1 TO OPEN THEIR EYES AND SEE JUST HOW FORTUNATE THEY ALREADY ARE.

stop talking... go fix your hair/makeup.

Originally posted by sassa

maybe because people are taking God so literally nowadays...they use his name so lightly...if people really believed in God and religion, there wouldn't be half the shit you see in today's society...

NOW HERE'S WHERE UR WRONG. . .

I THINK IF OUR COUNTRY HAD THE RIGHT PEOPLE TO LOOK UP TO (REGARDING RELIGION, POLITICS, WHAT HAVE U) THEN OUR NATION WOULD ACT AS IT SHOULD.

HAVING PRIESTS MOLEST SMALL CHILDREN AND OUR PRESIDENT FUCKIN AROUND ON HIS WIFE DOES NOT SET MORAL EXAMPLES FOR SOCIETY TO FOLLOW.

I THINK IF OUR COUNTRY HAD THE RIGHT PEOPLE TO LOOK UP TO (REGARDING RELIGION, POLITICS, WHAT HAVE U) THEN OUR NATION WOULD ACT AS IT SHOULD.

HAVING PRIESTS MOLEST SMALL CHILDREN AND OUR PRESIDENT FUCKIN AROUND ON HIS WIFE DOES NOT SET MORAL EXAMPLES FOR SOCIETY TO FOLLOW.

isn't it a bit late? don't you need your beauty sleep or something?

NO FUCKING SHIT. what do you think i was saying...i mean, maybe things aren't good when they're so liberal, there has to be limits for some things, we cannot just do whatever...there would be total chaos then, and if one looks at history, great empires have always collapsed because people took things for granted and allowed the decay and destructions of their environment to occur...

the catholic church is a farce that has been played on people for thousands of years....i don't believe you need a person to get to God, we are all human beings and God's "children" if you will, the Church is just making a profit off of people with a false belief. the true writings of jesus were altered during the time period when rome was overcoming the jews in what was then judea...the dead sea scrolls contain his true writings, which the vatican is refusing to accept as another gospel...so no faith in the christian religion whatsoever...

president clinton is from arkansas, CAN fuck around, and obviously thought with his dick rather than his brain, but did it affect the job he did in the White House? don't think so...

Originally posted by sexxyh

~~GOD chose to save them so they r thanking him......its not as complicated as ur trying to make it out to be!:tongue:

im not trying to make it complicated, just saying... somebody gets into an accident, they say "Thank GOD i lived" yet they dont say why werent you there a few seconds earlier to help me avoid it??? or why did you put me in that position to begin with etc... you follow??? or like when atheletes win they say "Thank GOD" yet when they lose they dont blame him/her...

I am not a really firm believer in the whole god thing, but I don't think that if we had better "leaders" anthing would change. Just because I priest raped a kid or a murder killed someone doesn't mean I should do it because some one else did. Thats just stupid. If there is a God, there is a simple solution for him. Start creating people with common sense and to with enough dependance for people not to need leaders to look up too if they are not good enough.

Originally posted by xpander

Cuz you don't question the man who gave you yo' game

DE_3981.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: nate u just made my night man...im fuckin dyin here..........

but on the really real ...i did a dialogue about this in 8th grd. ever since them ive really been thinkin about it.

like y would god let the ball fall into robert horry's hands? WHY LORD!! Y NOT SAMAKI WALKER'S LORD?? Y!! Y!! TELL ME Y!!!!!!!

but seriously , it is strange to c all the survivors thankin god. its like theyre sayin WE GOT OUT CAUSE GOD LIKES US MORE , when actually they got out cause they worked on the 50th floor instead of the 85th. in other words they should b thankin their office for choosing that particular floor.

i dont believe God chooses who comes and who goes , he just decides where the departed should stay. how else could u justify the death of babies and young children.

Did any of you ever hear that comedian who riffed on about how athletes always thank Jesus but never blame him for losing?

"We were doing good until Jesus made us FUMBLE!?"

I was forwarded a chain letter explaining all the ways in which God saved lives on 9-11, conveniently leaving out the part about 3000 people dying needlessly. Get used to it, this is the way religion works. The Lord works in mysterious ways. Your mom is dying of cancer so you pray. She lives, it's because of God. She dies, it's because God wanted her to join Him. Religion has absolutely no predictive powers, that's why it's religion. You can make it anything you want to be, like a Whopper. Have it your way. I have nothing against religious people but I have major issues with religion. It inspires murder, hate, intolerance, ignorance, and mayhem. The world would be better if people could just be decent for reasons other than Hell or an invisible ghost telling them to do so.