Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Rumours about Level ...

purpleindigo

Guest saleen351

Answer me this,

If you moved Level from sobe to NYC would any of those DJs every play the main room on a saturday night?

Game over, I win...........

Sobe is stuck in a rut, with all the ghettos boys and the shitty clubs, thank god for a new club space, and hopefully Exile steps up...

Exile may be 'exiled' before anything can be done there...

Space still has the lock downtown, suffice to say.

Frankly, I'd rather see the local DJs than many of the 'superstars' that come down here. Not just because they're my friends, either, but they are genuinely good.

I don't wanna be into the drama but I am sad to see people argue like this.

If you remember not so many years ago, the electronic music's scene was only about partying and friendship. Where are all those years ????

Clubbing is just for fun !!! And every dj has his style that some likes and other doesn't.

So go out, have fun and stop judging!!!

Originally posted by saleen351

Answer me this,

If you moved Level from sobe to NYC would any of those DJs every play the main room on a saturday night?

Game over, I win...........

Sobe is stuck in a rut, with all the ghettos boys and the shitty clubs, thank god for a new club space, and hopefully Exile steps up...

I'll answer.. probably not. so what's your point?

almost every major dj has played on sobe, so where is the rut ?

sobe attracts a certain clientele.while I may not be particularly fond of this crowd, they nonetheless are bringing $$$ to the club. level and crobar, both of which are located sobe, have been in business longer then space. so that tells me level, knows what they are doing. Rhyan is a pretty open minded person, maybe you should bounce some ideas off him; instead continuing this useless and unconstructive dialogue. you may accomplish more that way. :) incidentally I doubt Exile will make it through the month, no clubbers equates to no money coming in.

Thanks Tony...

Hey Did I miss your BD or WHAT??? :D !!!

As a belated gift here is your present.

This Saturday @ Level

Jean Cochois aka The Timewriter

Carl Cox

Digweed

Faithless (live p.a.)

Funky Green Dogs aka Murk ( oscar g & ralph)

Johan Gielen

Steve Lawler

Peter Rauhofer

Craig Richards & Lee Burridge ( as a team)

Marco V.

Enjoy!!!!

The thing is there is so much negativity towards SoBe clubs and local DJ's.

The fact is sobe is a tourist town. Yeah, some of us have to live here aswell, but the entire beach is mainly based around the entertainment industry.

Saleen doesn't win - because there is nothing to win. The game isn't over - because there is no game.

Saleen has a very narrowed minded, spitefull, judgemental approach to - it would appear - everything. He comes over as childish, immature andin all honesty crass and annoying.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. However, when your opinion disrepects people that strive to make SoBe a better, more sociable, musically diverse place - you should keep your opinions to yourself.

Music is changing, the guido fist pump left SoBe when Liquid (1st) shut down and Guido stopped coming down here. you dont always have to go with the flow, its cool to stand out, fight for what you belive in. But - Saleen - do you really belive in yourself as a person? do you feel that you have the right to judge and disrespect others??

You can bitch and moan, or you can try to change things and make things happen. the local DJ's & promoters here and doing the latter. More respect to them.

My offer still stands. Come to Level, I will take care of you. give things a try.

But please stop spouting shit from your mouth, people will like you more and your breath wont stink.

Originally posted by purpleindigo

Thanks Tony...

Hey Did I miss your BD or WHAT??? :D !!!

As a belated gift here is your present.

This Saturday @ Level

Jean Cochois aka The Timewriter

Carl Cox

Digweed

Faithless (live p.a.)

Funky Green Dogs aka Murk ( oscar g & ralph)

Johan Gielen

Steve Lawler

Peter Rauhofer

Craig Richards & Lee Burridge ( as a team)

Marco V.

Enjoy!!!!

no problem rhyan. :) I get particularly annoyed when people come on the board, go off on a venue or the scene ,and then can offer no better solution. it's easy to sit back and be judgmental. it's another thing to get up, and try to make an impact.

by the way thanks for the birthday gift, you better get on the phone first thing tomorrow. I need somebody to make this happen. :D

hey saleen,

I've played main room at limelight back in the day on more than one occasion.. I was also booked to do an opening set at twilo on a saturday night main room but unfortunately, they were shut down just b4 my date.. I've also played main room main slot at super clubs like renaissance... what kind of point are you trying to make here... I agree with fred...what happened to the good old days - friendship and music ?:confused: :confused: