Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Comin to London 11/13 - 11/17 - good thurs/fri/sat ?

Whats up? coming from new york in November, I'll be there from Thursday thru Saturday....wonderin what nights to hit what spots?

wanna check out Fabric, not sure what else

I love a lot of styles of beats, but mainly techno & house, ranging from:

Jeff Mills/Sven Vath

Eddie Richards/terry francis

H-foundation, Derrick Carter

Rino Cerrone/Danilo Vigorito/Marco CArola, etc

Cass/Anthony Pappa/diggers

I guess I want to hit some bigger parties...maybe pre game a little, just want a good taste of the scene out there, I like less cheesy crowds when possible...oh, dress code info is good to have too...

as far as guestlists, any info would help

thanks

Chuck

I would go to Turnmills on the Friday,it's the best in London,they usually get all the big names in prog and trance but it's a bit early for any lineups to have been released yet.

www.turnmills.co.uk/turnmills/clubs/otherindex.html

Then Fabric on Saturday.

www.fabriclondon.com/

This is what i will be doing that weekend:D

www.gatecrasher.co.uk/connected/events/nec/161102/

Originally posted by starshaped

I would go to Turnmills on the Friday,it's the best in London,they usually get all the big names in prog and trance but it's a bit early for any lineups to have been released yet.

www.turnmills.co.uk/turnmills/clubs/otherindex.html

Then Fabric on Saturday.

www.fabriclondon.com/

This is what i will be doing that weekend:D

www.gatecrasher.co.uk/connected/events/nec/161102/

wow....i almost dont need to post here anymore....:D

Originally posted by charrails

nice! thanks!

I guess it is a little early, I just figured I'll start gettin my info together now.....

what about early on in the night? is there lounges/bars you'de recommend to get started?

what time do london clubs get going?

most london get going at 12...although it varies.

the night i saw carl cox, fabric was packed by 11

the first time i went to turnmills it was packed by 10:30

Fabric and Turnmills both close at 7am (they are open the latest)...there really isnt much of an afterhours scene there.

:cool:

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

most london get going at 12...although it varies.

the night i saw carl cox, fabric was packed by 11

the first time i went to turnmills it was packed by 10:30

Fabric and Turnmills both close at 7am (they are open the latest)...there really isnt much of an afterhours scene there.

:cool:

thanks, bro....

good info!

what about dress policys out there?

hmm..tough call...Saturday @ fabric..or saturday at Gatecrasher NEC....hmmmm

thanks, bro....

good info!

what about dress policys out there?

hmm..tough call...Saturday @ fabric..or saturday at Gatecrasher NEC....hmmmm

"smart casual"

ie: jeans and sneakers ok....no sandals, sportswear, or raver gear (ufo, caffiene and the like)

its best to go early....as the clubs fill up they will use your clothes as a reason to boot you off the line (they dont usually overcrowd themselves like here)

• 2 weeks later...

Where do I wanna be staying?

are these clubs in the picadilly circus areA?

I either want to stay by the clubs or by the vinyl shops...any advice = appreciated!

thanks

:D

Sorry i don't live in London so i've no idea where they are situated.Bigpopanils may be able to help you though.

Where do I wanna be staying?

are these clubs in the picadilly circus areA?

I either want to stay by the clubs or by the vinyl shops...any advice = appreciated!

thanks

:D

picadilly circus isnt near them, but they are not too far away

(Fabric and Turnmills are near the Farringdon tube stop)

Vinyl shops are concentrated near the Notting Hill tube stop (from what i hear....try PM-ing Mareluna or Dialectics on that one)

try any HMV, Tower, and Virgin Megastore's: great selections in most locations (especially the Virgin by Tottenham Court Road tube and the HMV by Oxford Circus tube)

Also try Plastic Fantastic in Covent Garden

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi There,

Just wanted to add a few things:

1. Vinyl/ Record shops:

Definitely try Plastic Fantastic in Covent Garden but also pop into XSF on Berwick Street. For commercial record stores try Virgin on Oxford Street (they often carry the same stock as Plastic but at prices far lower than the smaller stores). Also try HMV (opposite Bond Street Tube) as this is one of the only HMVs in London that have turntables so that you can listen to the records before you buy them. This store also has a huge selection of white labels and bootlegs which is why we often go in there.

2. Pre-club bars:

If you're going to Fabric, pop into Smiths of Smithfield (two doors down from Fabric) or alternatively go to Fluid on Charterhouse (a little further up to Barbican from Fabric).

If you're going to Turnmills, go to Annexo which is next to Fabric or alternatively try Mash Bar a few doors down from Turnmills on Clerkenwell Road.

The End is definitely worth trying but you have to check their listings as they have a variety of nights on there at weekends.

3. After parties:

If you have the time definitely payt a visit to Milk at the 414 on Coldharbour Lane in Brixton. It starts at 6am and goes on till 2pm.

4. Hard dance/ Techno:

From what you've said this is more your scene and as such take a look at the listings on:

www.raymondo.fsnet.co.uk

Edited to add: Get a copy of London Time Out as soon as you get here for more information and details of one-off events.

Hope you have a good weekend!

• 2 weeks later...

NICE!!!! I think I got my weekend planned, then!! appreciate the tips!!

Thursday November 14th @ Fabric

John Digweed

Danny Howells

Friday November 15th @ Turnmills

Max Graham

Donald Glaude

Tall Paul

Saturday November 16th @ The End

Mr. C vs. John Carter

& I'll get my techno fix in Ghent on the 9th!!! sweet!

any of you guys goin to any of these parties? also - any idea how I could get myself on a reduced list (or is it straight up, I've heard only NY really has guestlists for the masses (cuz we jack up the prices right off the bat))

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

guestlists are usually for members of the clubs (they pay an annual fee to get line privledges and VIP room access)

given that on average you shouldnt pay over 12 quid ($18) for anything...guestlists arent needed

nice! Diggers and howells together in NYC would be about $50 I figure..maybe $40 if the club was generous....

• 2 weeks later...