Clubplanet Nightlife Community

roXy and a VIBE??

Taub

i know a lot of people form the board go there(roxy) but since they are brining in djs from europe would the vibe in there change??

I was there for Scott bond and no one in the crowed was dancing around, no hand in the air nothing, it was very depressing to see a dj like scott bond drop "heaven" . Another thing is everyone left the club at 4:30am, scott didnt even finish up his set by then, and when edgar v came on there was less than 50 people in there which meant he only spun for 45mins.

With a line up of tiesto, sasha and cox the crowd at roxy has to change or get some knowlege about music and create a VIBE in the club...some interactions between the dj and the crowd is always good and it also makes the dj throw down and good set.

I am not very much worried about the crowd when PvD is there because he pulls in his on crowd

I dont think that there is gonna be a problem with the vibe....The people who were there for Scott Bond were pretty much the base of the Roxy following......Dj's like Tiesto, Cox, PVD, and Sasha will probably pack the place out cause there tons of people in the city who like them but dont really go to Roxy every week....

I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU ALL MEAN

WHEN I GO THERE I GET CRAZY CAUSE ALL WEEK I GO TO SCHOOL AND PUT UP WITH STRESS AND I GO OUT TO ROXY AND IAM HAVING A GOOD TIME THEN THE PLACES DIES OUT MADDD EARLY AND I DUNNO WHY I CAN EXPLAIN IF ROXY HAS A DJ NO ONE WANTS TO SEE BUT THEY HAVE GOOD PEOPLE

THE LATEST I THINK I STAYED THERE WAS OPENING NIGHT WITH VICIOUS I STAYED TILL AROUND 6:30 AND THE PLACE WAS HALF FULL

NOW THESE DAYS WHEN VICIOUS IS THERE THEY CLOSE AT 5:30 I DONT GET IT

PEOPLE ARENT THE SAME

I HOPE FRIDAY JV BANGS OUT A HARD SET AND GETS PEOPLE DANCING AND HAVEING A GOOD TIME

i ithink its cool that Roxy's trying to keep a non drug crowd there, but when your crowd drinks their ass off they're gonna get tired after the bar closes. and the bar pick up crowd isn't really there to dance at 7am.

just my opinion...i haven't been in a while but that's what i saw.

this isn't to say that you have to do drugs to stay out all night...i stay till arc or SF closes clean and straight all the time. my point is if you are out getting drunk for the night your body runs out on you sometime after the bar closes up.

Originally posted by nycmuzik2000

I dont think that there is gonna be a problem with the Dj's like Tiesto, Cox, PVD, and Sasha will probably pack the place out cause there tons of people in the city who like them but dont really go to Roxy every week....

I agree......I HATE exit..but when I went for Tiesto..I had a great time, a whole different atmosphere compared to how it normally is....wherever there's a good dj there's a good crowd

Originally posted by dreamdrops

one more question about these parites

Are any of them going to be ktu hosted/broadcasted party?

ktu never broadcasts the actual music in the club anyway, so it really wouldnt matter much to you...the Friday broadcast is part of RSL (Riddler, Scribble, and Louie DeVito) who do the mixes that ktu plays from 10P onward. The DJ is there talking about whats happening at Roxy but the music on the air is playing off a CD.

All that being said, my calendar only goes a few weeks out, BUT I still see a Roxy broadcast every friday. So the short answer is that ktu will probably continue to be there for the regular friday nite shows- although this is entirely unofficial.

hope this helps

Bern

Originally posted by nycmuzik2000

I dont think that there is gonna be a problem with the vibe....The people who were there for Scott Bond were pretty much the base of the Roxy following......Dj's like Tiesto, Cox, PVD, and Sasha will probably pack the place out cause there tons of people in the city who like them but dont really go to Roxy every week....

Word, I am at roxy almost every week, and i will continue to be there for the international talent. I don't think the vibe will be much of an issue.

It can't be worse then the "vibe" you get at exit when they were getting these names.

Originally posted by legend38

Word, I am at roxy almost every week, and i will continue to be there for the international talent. I don't think the vibe will be much of an issue.

It can't be worse then the "vibe" you get at exit when they were getting these names.

I was at exit for ferry and tiesto and it think the palce had more VIBE than when scott bond was at roxy, i know you were there too but if you look behind the stage the crowd was dead...no nosise nothing, but at exit people screamed and stuff and made the dj happy....and both of them threw down a nice set

Originally posted by dreamdrops

I was at exit for ferry and tiesto and it think the palce had more VIBE than when scott bond was at roxy, i know you were there too but if you look behind the stage the crowd was dead...no nosise nothing, but at exit people screamed and stuff and made the dj happy....and both of them threw down a nice set

I missed Ferry at exit :( There was a decent vibe when Tiesto was there, I think it hit its peak around 430-5 am.

I know what you are saying about Roxy. When Scott Bond was layin down his set , I was looking around and thinking that Roxy could be such a fuckin awesome Trance club. The lights, the sound, etc. The crowd did lack. There was a lot of people that I have not seen there before, alot of TrancEaddict heads too. Hopefully everything will piece together this fall.

I guess we will have to wait and see :)

The few times I made it to Roxy this summer I didn't think there was much of a vibe in the club at all. I mean, I hate this whole argument to begin with. The only vibe that should matter when you're out at a club is the one you and the group of friends you're with are feeling. Who cares if the idiots around you don't appreciate what Scott Bond is doing in the booth? YOU know he's sick. Hey, if I was there when he dropped Seven Cities, a whole club full of musically challenged club-goers couldn't have spoiled what i would have been feeling at that moment.

And I highly doubt that the same crowd that showed up on regular Friday nights this summer is gonna be the same crowd that shows up for Carl Cox on Halloween. Carl Cox and the rest of these guys are gonna bring in their respective crowds, and I have no concern about a lack of vibe on those nights. My only concern is the size of the crowd being squeezed in a club that size. It's not like there's any way around that though.

Originally posted by scoob-e

umm, there has been "vibe" in the roxy for years. you do know that they have been running the most successful gay party in the city for years thanks to calderone and rauhofer.

i don't doubt it...but I think this was more geared to their Friday night party.