Clubplanet Nightlife Community

roXy and a VIBE??

Taub

Originally posted by zeeker

no, thats true. There was nothing quite like seeing a mass of about 1000 people on the dance floor just explode when Ferry Corsten dropped 'Out Of the Blue' in Exit.

ahmen to that. if i remember correctly it was me, quoth, extasy, jon, soprano and pete.

Originally posted by scoob-e

umm, there has been "vibe" in the roxy for years. you do know that they have been running the most successful gay party in the city for years thanks to calderone and rauhofer.

We are talking about the friday night party, you do know that the international talent will be spinning on a friday and not a saturday.

There def. wasn't a good vibe there when Scott Bond and Edgar V was there. Were they mad at Scott for playing "Heaven??"I was surprised to see people leave before Scott finished his set. I'm fairly new to this trance dance music scene, but from what I hear these are big name DJ's. And Edgar V hardly got to play after security ordered him to stop for some reason at 5:30 when it was supposed to end at 7am.

let's see: this guy puked a huge puddle of vomit on the stage and stunk up the area, and I heard people complainin that they were too many asians there tryin to take over the place and it was becoming like Exit.

Out of the 5 times I went to Roxy this summer, this nite had the worst vibe. I personally think roxy could use more help with organization, planning, and promoting it's party; not that it's not doing a decent job..:cool:

Originally posted by max3

There def. wasn't a good vibe there when Scott Bond and Edgar V was there. Were they mad at Scott for playing "Heaven??"I was surprised to see people leave before Scott finished his set. I'm fairly new to this trance dance music scene, but from what I hear these are big name DJ's. And Edgar V hardly got to play after security ordered him to stop for some reason at 5:30 when it was supposed to end at 7am.

let's see: this guy puked a huge puddle of vomit on the stage and stunk up the area, and I heard people complainin that they were too many asians there tryin to take over the place and it was becoming like Exit.

Out of the 5 times I went to Roxy this summer, this nite had the worst vibe. I personally think roxy could use more help with organization, planning, and promoting it's party; not that it's not doing a decent job..:cool:

I would have to say that promotions, management and orginization at the roxy fridays is very well done. excellent actually.. bobby g takes care of his employees and gets everything done. we actually knew that that night would have been lots of asians.. because of the DJ';s that were coming and cuz of the trance.. and has anyone seen the same amount of asians or even close to that after that party? NO not at all... so it was the djs that were attending that attracted so many asians..

but again with the "orginization, planning and promoting the party" ... its fine how it is..

Originally posted by wishlist

we actually knew that that night would have been lots of asians.. because of the DJ';s that were coming and cuz of the trance.. and has anyone seen the same amount of asians or even close to that after that party? NO not at all... so it was the djs that were attending that attracted so many asians..

actually... it was the promoting of one really really good promoter... im not gonna name any names... but he is REALZ good at what he does.

about labor day weekend..the last weekend of the summer..No.1 the only way to get a room at the jersey shore and the hamptons was to take all three days. Plus what about las vegas, bridgeview and all the other water spots not to mention how many people went back to school out of town.. Half of our staff was away..the reality is that many of our regulars went away. So it seems who ever was left in town came over..to hear scott bond & edgar v.. Had this not been the last weekend of the summer but any other friday night in the summer roxy would have been packed..by the way, this was the only time these dj's were available when they were booked in early june. Still it was a good way to end the summer with the line up we had..watch what happens when the fall season kicks in full gear..this party I guarantee you will be off the fuck'n meter, out of control..and running much later just by default because of the size of the crowd