Clubplanet Nightlife Community

buzz has shut down-- a more positive response.

wideskies

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

Yeah, no shit. Nothing's opened in NYC yet to replace Twilo. The scene up there may still be alive and kicking, but it sucks when your only options to hear good DJ's is a choice of small venues where you're guaranteed to be jam-packed in like sardines with no ventilation.

twilo was most likely the most important club in new york as far as talent/djs go, but i'd just like to remind everyone that twilo was an overpacked sardine factory as well. people certainly can have selective memories :blank: .

Originally posted by velvetgoldmire

Not only that, but Twilo got shut down. Buzz has closed, but it wasn't shut down. They're taking a step back to figure things out and get things straight to reopen again. Plus, there's a reason why the New York scene has sucked... because we have something that they never had...

BREAKBEATS!!!:aright:

ALL HAIL BREAKBEATS!!!!!!!

concerning other so called "clubs" in dc, buzz was the only place i would truly enjoy going to. i can't stand the dress code, waiting in line, weak ass music bullshit that we have here in dc. when twilo was around, plenty of us would make the 4.5 hour drive to nyc just for the music, just for the vibe. with buzz it was the same feeling. now it's fuckin gone. this is getting to be some bullshit. well, many of us will be in nyc for the upcoming weeks. at least for now there is some relief. with this door now closed, which new one will open. fuck it. i'm startin my own party. i already have my dj's (shady, kuro, millie, royce) and my promoters (jasontowns, chyando11). now all i need is the cash flow (ahhh yes, vicman). there's light at the end of the tunnel. well, at least in my mind there is! :)

Originally posted by velvetgoldmire

Not only that, but Twilo got shut down. Buzz has closed, but it wasn't shut down. They're taking a step back to figure things out and get things straight to reopen again. Plus, there's a reason why the New York scene has sucked... because we have something that they never had...

BREAKBEATS!!!:aright:

actually there are places up here that cater to breakbeat/dnb fans, just not in a mixed venue like buzz. opaline, baktun just to name a few... and also the occasional massive.