Clubplanet Nightlife Community

CP California Meetup?

sassa

The info on Las Palmas is on LALate's calendar for Thursday under "Movie Premiere Party (1 hour open bar) @ Las Palmas". (By the way, Rodnick vodka is very good.)

Email us early to get on the list. info@lalate.com Enjoy the party!

FYI --- a co-worker of a friend said they got their throat sliced by a burglar with a knife in that area earlier this year at night. The co-worker. a guy, was walking back to his car alone. Please be careful.

LALate.com

www.lalate.com

so, the screening of whatever movie this is is somewhere else and before this gathering? or is it there and in the middle of it? i'm confused.

i dunno, though; i think we may have set a date too soon. i know we can get more people than just house4life, lostin310, and myself, if we set a date that's longer in advance. (i just think we should aim for at least five people, and lalate, why wouldn't you come, too?) let's really do it up right, and set a date up for reals, and far enough in advance so that everyone can make it. anyone with me on that :) ?

Hey im down for that......what dates you looking at weyes? Anyways i still think people should go to las palmas anyways should be cool.....me and lalate went to highlands with a bunch of others from a nother board when they had the vodka promos and its damn good!!

Hi Weyes ---

This premiere party is by a promoter that has about 2 premiere parties per week (I went to their Highlands party and Moomba party last week), so there will be more in the future weeks.

These aren't red carpet parties. They are basically marketing promotional events for movies premiering. (This week they have two of them, Las Palmas and Orsini's) Their events generally have no cover and open bar with a beverage sponsor tie-in for an hour with some simple give-aways there (Moomba had lots of candy, Highlands had shirts for the girls).

Moomba (on Saturday) had a screener of the movie on the wall's flat screen-tv, but the dj had the music so loud (awful) you couldn't hear the movie or TALK to anyone, and they had the lights so low you couldn't SEE anyone (we're talking almost pure darkness).

Orsini's this week has cash bar, no cover, and free appetizers (which will be wonderful because it's Orsini's).

FYI --- Tonight is Magic Johnson's premiere party at the Gate that LALate has listed. That event IS the official after party at the Gate following the premiere of the movie somewhere else. (But for a group meet up, that party would not be good.)

Hope the info helps.

LALate.com

www.lalate.com

(And slanting here towards going t'nite at Las Palmas, not positive though yet -- anyone know where the lot is to park for Las Palms; the lot south of "Blue" is too far to walk. Any parking info is appreciated.)

(FYI --- If anyone has free time, maybe you can figure out where Coors Brewing is going to be next and we can hit that place up --- Coors is hitting places around town, Dublins, etc., pushing this new lemonade alcohol drink for $2 (it's a HUGE bottle).)

Hiya, out in NY for a few weeks on bidniz but I have a coupla things...

First of all, the area around Las Palmas is fine, I've always felt perfectly safe (I've lived in this area for 4 years.) This is LA, not in Cornfield, Indiana so just use caution and common sense oh and the incident was not a burglar/ slash throat, but actually someone was mugged w/ o injury.

Weyes, you were saying sun night is best and I have to recommend Marques W's Deep @ 1650, one of my favorite night period. And there's the chill out lounge where you can speak in normal tones...

off to check out jonathan peters at sound factory, he's supposed to be up there with danny t; we'll see about that : )T

Originally posted by sebastianxy

Weyes, you were saying sun night is best and I have to recommend Marques W's Deep @ 1650, one of my favorite night period. And there's the chill out lounge where you can speak in normal tones...

off to check out jonathan peters at sound factory, he's supposed to be up there with danny t; we'll see about that : )T

Def agree with you about deep on sundays!!

and you lucky MOFO goin to the factory lol.......:eek:

Thought this was posted a second or two ago but maybe hit the wrong button.

FYI -- If you like open bar for a meet-up, there is always at least one open bar per week we got listed. This week, we have a great open bar listed tomorrow. Here's the lowdown......

MONDAY You are Invited to A Night in Hollywood Babylon at Hollywood Canteen.

Complimentary Vodka Shots (promoter doesn't list a time limit on that!) sponsored by RODNIK VODKA. And for the ladies a special guest appearance by the incredible ESAI MORALES of NYPD BLUES!! PLUS: Receive a comp ticket good for a drink if you bring 3 friends or more. Featuring Celebrity DJ's, spinning the best of the dance, Hip Hop, House and more starting 9:00pm

PROMOTER: RSVP TO LALATE.COM GENERAL ACCOUNT BY NOON @ 10/14

© 2002 LALate.com

LALate.com

RSVP to LALate