Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ongaku:// Password

stryke303

One thing Stryke forgot to mention is that the drink special (after open bar) is TOP SHELF, SUPER PREMIUM TURI VODKA DRINKS for WELL DRINK PRICES. That means, drink more Friday, hurt less Saturday.

I hope to see each and every one of you tomorrow. I think everyone reading this has a pretty good idea of how shitty the club scene can get in this town, as far as, door hassles, VIP ego trips, $7.00 bottled water and shitty, uninspired "me too" music.

Believe me, having had the chance to experience the birth and growth of the Mecca that was THE EDGE, I feel privileged to know what it is to be part of something that's more than a "be-seen scene." Unfortunately, I also know what it means to lose something that special.

I'd like to reiterate our goal in making this night successful. We at Substance, as I am sure a lot of you, have a deeper love and respect for the music that matters, than your average Joe/Jane, that transcends monetary gain and social status. No matter how we acquired that love, there is one common thread. We were all exposed to REAL music by someone who, in however small a way, wanted to show us that music is to be enjoyed and inspiring, not bland and tolerated. For me, it was Stryke, Bruce Wilcox and Dave Christophere. Who was it for you?

I’m not trying to say that “It’s your duty to come to ONGAKU and have fun GODDAMNIT!!†hehe… Just that if you like what we’re doing, show your support in attendance and telling others.

Those of you who have shown your support thus far will not be forgotten.

Wow. This was supposed to be a 2-liner about the drink special.. sorry... I’m tired and probably full of shit anyway. Enjoy your weekend, wherever you end up.

L8R,

M@

Originally posted by meng

You're not full of shit, Matt. You should run for governor! :laugh:

one nation underground..... invisible

Hell, I'd vote for him!!!!! Meng, is your party still on tomorrow night? I think I may grab Matt and venture down there...sounds interesting! we'll see what happens :)

greg